Thread: Prof who says 'MAGA equals Nazi' advocates elections 'where whites don't vote'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Woke Prof who says 'MAGA equals Nazi' advocates elections 'where whites don't vote'

Blair Nelson, Illinois Campus Correspondent - Campus Reform

A professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign recently referred to Trump supporters as Nazis and called for "an election cycle where whites don't vote."

"Bear with me while I make my push for two election cycles where whites don't vote," tweeted English Professor Catherine Prendergast. "I realize this is crazy and impossible, but I truly believe a demonstrative sacrifice is needed on behalf of whites to correct this dire course we're on."

"As long as suppression/gerry-mandering [sic] cannot be addressed because Republicans have neutralized Congress, stolen the executive branch, stacked the judiciary and thus created one party rule, we effectively have a franchise for whites, and a limited franchise for others," Prendergast continued.

Her Twitter account is set to private.

"How about two election cycles where the districts where there have been four-hour lines, the districts sent broken machines, the voters purged from the rolls, the voters demanded ID, the descendants of the enslaved and Jim Crow era are the only ones allowed to vote," said Prendergast.

Prendergast then referred to Trump supports as "Nazis."

"MAGA equals Nazi," says Prendergast. "You went to a Trump rally after children were put in cages, you don't get to be a police officer."

"Germany had to make some aggressive steps to restore democracy: Known Nazi's can't be in government, Holocaust denial is a crime," furthered Prendergast. "We need steps like that. We need FINALLY to own our history is THAT BAD as to require such measures."

"Historically, there were a lot of really nice Germans who voted for the Nazis, even when they knew they were rounding up their neighbors (as we are now rounding up children and putting them in cages) and that, knowing that, they continue to vote for a party that makes such acts their platform, they own the consequences of their choices, including how they appear to others," Prendergast told Campus Reform.

In a follow-up email, Prendergast said the following: “Now, Blair, Those comments were made on my personal Twitter account, so you cannot quote them as having been made in my official capacity. I’m also going to share with twitter your interest in my personal words. I hope you don’t mind.”

After being contacted for comment, Prendergast went on a bizarre rant on Twitter.

“Well look here I got an email from a student in my uni writing for ‘Campus Reform,'" said Prendergast.

“I would only ask the author, @realblairnelson, please bear in mind I have a child, a husband, and two cats, and really would prefer not to get shot, so, you know, keep it light. Keep it light.”

“The rag takes tax deductible contributions!" the professor went on, referring to Campus Reform. “Wonder who is funding them. They seem to feel that 'China' is funding Biden's campaign. Which sounds kind of ‘partisan’ to me as they never criticize Trump. I should write the IRS with my concerns.”

Campus Reform has been sounding the alarm on China’s influence on higher education for years, especially in recent months. However, Campus Reform has made no suggestion or assertion that the Biden campaign is funded by China.

Prendergast went on to assure that “the Deans are not concerned” with her online behavior, focusing again on her distinction of her Twitter account being “private.”

“This is my private account. The main job of this rag seems to be to generate donations and smear Biden and high education as a whole. If they go after me personally, well, there are the legal issues they face,” Prendergast continued.

In line with her repeated assertion that her Twitter account is her “private account,” Prendergast promptly changed her Twitter bio to read “Personal account professor/author.” Previously, it had no such note and read “Professor. Guggenheim fellow.”

Prendergast also attacked the conservative student group Turning Point USA in her tweet.

“The Turning Point crowd is well known among the Deanery and absolutely disregarded as the abusive bullies that they are.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-30-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    But she's white.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    .... and a fucking idiot, apparently.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Griffin (05-29-2020), RBP (05-29-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    But she's white.
    She?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    You know... at some point... the tipping point... yeah
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-30-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    You know... at some point... the tipping point... yeah
    How much longer before we get there?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-30-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    How much longer before we get there?
    I don't know any more. Maybe tonight.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.