Thread: Natalie Portman Calls To Defund Police In Message Trashing Cops, Recognizing Her ‘White Privilege’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

White Guilt Natalie Portman Calls To Defund Police In Message Trashing Cops, Recognizing Her ‘White Privilege’

By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

Included in an apologetic message recognizing her own so-called “white privilege,” actress Natalie Portman took to Instagram on Tuesday to call for the defunding of police in the United States, whom the 39-year-old trashed as racist killers.

“When I first heard #DefundThePolice, I have to admit my first reaction was fear,” Portman started the post. “My whole life, police have made me feel safe.”

But that was her “white privilege” talking, Portman apparently came to understand: “But that’s exactly the center of my white privilege: the police make me as a white woman feel safe, while my black friends, family and neighbors feel the opposite: police make them feel terror,” she said.

Black folks allegedly feel “terror” when police are around for “good reason,” Portman wrote. “Police are the 6th leading cause of death for black men in this country,” she said.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the top six causes of death for black males in the U.S. are heart disease (23.7%), cancer (20.9%), unintentional injuries (7.4%), homicide (5.1%), stroke (4.8%), and diabetes (4.1%). In 2019, a total of nine unarmed black men were killed by on-duty police officers, per The Washington Post.

“These are not isolated incidents,” claimed Portland. “They are patterns and part of the system of over-policing of black Americans. Reforms have not worked.”

“Minneapolis, where George Floyd was murdered, is one of the most progressive police forces in the country, having undergone extensive anti-bias training,” the actress noted. “I am grateful to the leaders in the @mvmnt4blklives who have made us question the status quo. And who have made us imagine, what a world could be like in which we invested in nourishing people; (in their education, healthcare, environment, shelter) — rather than putting all of our money into punishment.”

“I’ve gotten to the age in my life, where if my gut feels uncomfortable, I take the situation as wrong. But this concept initially made me uncomfortable because I was wrong,” she concluded. “Because the system that makes me feel comfortable is wrong. #defendblacklives#defundthepolice.”

Portman is one of many “woke” actresses in the biz. In February, for example, the “Black Swan” star wore a high-end gown and cape to the Oscars that included the names of female directors who were apparently “snubbed” from receiving nominations at the award show.

“I wanted to recognize the women who were not recognized for their incredible work this year, in my subtle way,” she explained on the red carpet, wearing the pricey dress.

Portman made a similar statement in 2018 while presenting the 2018 Golden Globes award for best director. “And here are the all-male nominees,” she pointedly announced.

Portman is a multimillionaire who can easily afford private security in a safe neighborhood, though this “privilege” was never recognized in the post.

A post shared by on

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Go back to England...

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Go back to England...
    She's a dual Israeli and American citizen

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    She's a dual Israeli and American citizen

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Defund the police that protect her neighborhood. Let's see what happens and how she likes it.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Griffin (06-11-2020), Muddy (06-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Only thing I can think of is, since shes always got her mouth open, how great my slong would look down her throat.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Only thing I can think of is, since shes always got her mouth open, how great my slong would look down her throat.
    With those piercing hazel eyes looking up at you, fawn-like

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    correction Natalie: Sixth highest cause of death for black men in the 25-29 age group

Problem is it's the sixth highest killer of men of any race in the 25 to 29 age group ...

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    correction Natalie: Sixth highest cause of death for black men in the 25-29 age group

Problem is it's the sixth highest killer of men of any race in the 25 to 29 age group ...
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-12-2020), lost in melb. (06-12-2020), Muddy (06-12-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I draw the line at making shit up