Thread: ‘Harry Potter’ Stars Emma Watson, Rupert Grint Defy J.K. Rowling: ‘Trans Women Are Women. Trans Men Are Men.’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

SJW ‘Harry Potter’ Stars Emma Watson, Rupert Grint Defy J.K. Rowling: ‘Trans Women Are Women. Trans Men Are Men.’

By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

Four major stars of the “Harry Potter” franchise have defied author J.K. Rowling’s argument that transgender ideology “erases” the “lived reality” of women.

Speaking with The Sunday Times, actor Rupert Grint, who played Ronald Weasley, declared that biological men can be women and biological women can be men.

“I firmly stand with the trans community and echo the sentiments expressed by many of my peers. Trans women are women. Trans men are men,” said Grint. “We should all be entitled to live with love and without judgment.”

In a post on Twitter, actress Emma Watson, who played Hermione Granger in the series, said that trans people deserve to live their lives without having their identities constantly questioned.

“Trans people are who they say they are and deserve to live their lives without being constantly questioned or told they aren’t who they say they are,” tweeted Watson.

Rowling stirred another wave of the controversy last weekend when she essentially said that the concept of transgenderism erases the struggles of women across the world.

“If sex isn’t real, there’s no same-sex attraction,” Rowling tweeted, as reported by Fox News. “If sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. It isn’t hate to speak the truth.”

“The idea that women like me, who’ve been empathetic to trans people for decades, feeling kinship because they’re vulnerable in the same way as women – ie, to male violence – ‘hate’ trans people because they think sex is real and has lived consequences – is a nonsense,” she continued.

Following her post, Rowling faced a severe social media backlash, prompting “Harry Potter” star Daniel Radcliffe and “Fantastic Beasts” star Eddie Redmayne to publicly declare their support for trans people.

“Transgender women are women. Any statement to the contrary erases the identity and dignity of transgender people and goes against all advice given by professional health care associations who have far more expertise on this subject matter than either Jo or I,” Radcliffe said in an essay published on The Trevor Project.

Speaking with Variety, Eddie Redmayne, who played a transgender character in “The Danish Girl,” said he firmly disagrees with Rowling’s stance.

“Respect for transgender people remains a cultural imperative, and over the years I have been trying to constantly educate myself,” Redmayne said. “This is an ongoing process. As someone who has worked with both J.K. Rowling and members of the trans community, I wanted to make it absolutely clear where I stand. I disagree with Jo’s comments.”

As criticism mounted, Rowling penned an essay about her experiences as a woman, arguing that the concept of men becoming women erases womanhood entirely.

“It isn’t enough for women to be trans allies,” she wrote. “Women must accept and admit that there is no material difference between trans women and themselves. But, as many women have said before me, ‘woman’ is not a costume. ‘Woman’ is not an idea in a man’s head. ‘Woman’ is not a pink brain, a liking for Jimmy Choos or any of the other sexist ideas now somehow touted as progressive.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Who is this?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Maybe they could just wave their wands and replace the genitalia with that days preference.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (06-15-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Rupert's just trying to get laid.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Rupert's just trying to get laid.
    By a tranny?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Griffin (06-15-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I wonder why Rowling is so trans-phobic?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Nope:
    Last edited by KevinD; 06-16-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Shelter Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I wonder why Rowling is so trans-phobic?
    Thing is, from reading what she said, I don't think she is.

Someone started using the term 'people who menstruate' and she pondered if perhaps there was another word that could be used 'women'.
    I'm totally with Rowling on this, terms are becoming worthless and utter shite at this point.
    Else you end up with the Canadian peado bastard who wanted the women to wax his balls as he felt like he was a woman.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hikari Kisugi For This Useful Post:

Griffin (06-16-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (06-16-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Kisugi View Post
    Thing is, from reading what she said, I don't think she is.

Someone started using the term 'people who menstruate' and she pondered if perhaps there was another word that could be used 'women'.
    I'm totally with Rowling on this, terms are becoming worthless and utter shite at this point.
    Else you end up with the Canadian peado bastard who wanted the women to wax his balls as he felt like he was a woman.
    Yeah that guy is definitely is abusing the situation..