Thread: Jimmy Kimmel, Michael Bay face backlash after old Megan Fox interview resurfaces: ‘This is disgusting’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Rape Culture Jimmy Kimmel, Michael Bay face backlash after old Megan Fox interview resurfaces: ‘This is disgusting’

By Nate Day | Fox News

Jimmy Kimmel and Michael Bay are in the middle of intense public scrutiny.

A several-years-old clip from the 52-year-old comic's show recently resurfaced online and featured Megan Fox recounting an experience with director Bay when she was a teenager.

In the clip, Fox, now 34, recalls working as an extra on "Bad Boys II," directed by Bay, now 55.

The actress said that at just 15 years old, she was dressed in a bikini and heels but could not sit at a bar due to her age.

"[Bay's] solution to that problem was to then have me dancing under a waterfall getting soaking wet," said Fox to laughs from the crowd. "At 15, I was in 10th grade. That's sort of a microcosm of how Bay's mind works."

Kimmel responded: "Well that's really a microcosm of how all our minds work, but some of us have the decency to repress those thoughts and pretend that they don't exist."

Both the comedian and Bay were skewered on social media.

"Michael Bay has always been so up himself, this doesn't surprise me at all. It's totally unacceptable, the response was totally unacceptable and the fact nothing has been done about it is totally unacceptable," said one person.

Wrote another person: "This is disgusting. Why hasn't @jimmykimmel or @michaelbay been called out on this atrocious behaviour before? How does all of this start to surface now, years later, when it should've been dealt with then and there?"

"What an utterly disgusting take by Kimmel. Why is, 'I'm so sorry that happened to you', something that is beyond his imagination to say," wrote one user. "Instead he offers, 'We all have those thoughts, but we repress them'. God damn, she was 15. Who the Hell is 'We'?"

"His response is even worse what the hell," said another of Kimmel.

A third added: "[He] basically said, 'we all have thoughts sexualizing minors but we keep quiet about it bc we are good guys' i knew there was a reason i always instinctively disliked jimmy kimmel."

In the interview, Fox presented Kimmel with a sketch of the comic with exaggerated muscles and Kimmel returned the favor, showing off a drawing of himself and Fox "together" in bed, seemingly making out.

Reps for Kimmel, ABC and Bay did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment on the matter.

The backlash comes as Kimmel fights off several other accusations of inappropriate behavior throughout his career.

Kimmel recently owned up to having "white privilege" during a segment on his show but neglected to address his use of blackface during his days hosting "The Man Show" in the early 2000s, in which he would darken his skin while impersonating celebrities like Oprah Winfrey.

In the comments of a video depicting such impersonations, Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon -- who also wore blackface while imitating Chris Rock in the video -- were deemed "racist."

Fox News has also obtained audio of Kimmel admitting years ago that he imitated rapper Snoop Dogg's voice for a track in a 1996 Christmas album -- an original song in which Kimmel used the "N-word" several times.

In the same podcast, Kimmel also imitated black comedian George Wallace, using a voice that podcast host Adam Carolla called Kimmel's "crazy black voice."

In the Christmas track, a singer mentioned a "fat n---- in a sleigh giving sh--- away," referring to Santa Claus. The song also referenced "n----- in the manger," including associates of King Herod.

"I told that motherf---er Santa, bring a pick for my afro," the singer went on. The "three wise men" were described as "bringing gifts and sh-- for baby boo in the hay."

"Me and my n----- down in LBC, we'll smoke that motherf------ Christmas tree," Kimmel said.

Kimmel's track was recorded when Snoop Dogg was rising in popularity, Kimmel said in the podcast.

"Jimmy, do you only do black people?" someone asks in the audio.

"I prefer them, yes," Kimmel responds, apparently jokingly.

Just last week, Kimmel announced that he'd be taking a hiatus from hosting his show for the course of the summer.

“There’s nothing wrong me, my family is healthy, I’m healthy. I just need a couple of months off," he explained. "So, while I’m gone, a cavalcade of very kind and capable people will be filling in for me. I think you’re going to be very happy with them. They will be guest hosting the show.“

Kimmel is currently slated to host the Emmy Awards later this year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-23-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Yeah, he just needs a couple of months off to wait for something else to pop up for the left to get pissed off about so they can forget all about him.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (06-24-2020), RBP (06-23-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    It would be really bad if someone finds that video of Meghan Fox in heels and a bikini dancing under a waterfall soaking wet.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (06-24-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    It only lasts like 2 or 3 seconds. It's hard to tell if it's even her.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (06-23-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,887 Posts
    Kimmel is running for cover. Next up on the cancel culture agenda is all his blackface skits on the Man show. Just wait.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-23-2020), lost in melb. (06-24-2020)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Update Megan Fox explains her 'ruthlessly misogynistic' treatment in Hollywood, clarifies story about Michael Bay

By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News

Megan Fox is clearing things up after an old clip of her on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” sparked a debate about her alleged misogynistic mistreatment at the hands of director Michael Bay.

The clip features Fox, now 34, recalling how she was cast as an extra in Bay’s 2003 movie “Bad Boys II.” The resurfaced video prompted many to call out Bay and Hollywood in general for sexualizing the actress at a young age. Some even brought up an alleged story about Fox having to wash Bay’s car as part of her audition for “Transformers,” which the actress responded to on Instagram.

“I know that a discussion has erupted online surrounding some of my experiences in Hollywood and the subsequent mishandling of this information by the media and society in general,” Fox began her lengthy public statement. “While I greatly appreciate the outpouring of support, I do feel I need to clarify some of the details as they have been lost in the retelling of the events and cast a sinister shadow that doesn’t really, in my opinion, belong. At least not where it’s currently being projected…”

She went on to note that she had told the story of being 15 or 16 on the set of “Bad Boys II” in the past. She explained in the resurfaced clip that the director wanted her to be in a bikini and heels for a scene. However, because she was underage and couldn’t sit at the bar, the director’s solution was to have her dancing under a waterfall.

“At 15, I was in 10th grade. That's sort of a microcosm of how Bay's mind works,” she told host Jimmy Kimmel to laughs from both him and the audience.

However, when it comes to the story of her “Transformers” audition, she clarified that she was 19 or 20 at the time. She also explained that, while she was tasked with pretending to “work” on Bay’s Ferrari as part of an audition, it was done at a studio parking lot with several crew members and employees present.

“I was at no point undressed or anything similar,” she explained. “So as far as this particular audition story I was not underaged at the time and I was not made to ‘wash’ or work on someone’s cars in a way that was extraneous from the material in the actual script. I hope that whatever opinions are formed around these episodes will at least be seeded in the facts of the events.”

Fox went on to note that these are just a few of her experiences in a “long and arduous journey" where she "endured some genuinely harrowing experiences in a ruthlessly misogynistic industry.” However, she made sure to explain that, despite feeling sexualized at times in her career, Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg did not assault her in any way.

“There are many names that deserve to be going viral in cancel culture right now, but they are safely stored in the fragmented recesses of my heart,” she said. “But when it comes to my direct experiences with Michael, and Steven for that matter, I was never assaulted or preyed upon in what I felt was a sexual manner.”

The actress concluded her lengthy statement by thanking her fans for their support.

“I’m thankful to all of you who are brave enough to speak out and I’m grateful to all of you who are taking it upon yourselves to support, uplift, and bring comfort to those who have been harmed by a violent and toxic societal paradigm,” she wrote.

A post shared by on

Fox was eventually fired from working on the third “Transformers” movie after giving an interview in which she called Bay “a nightmare to work for” and noted that he “wants to be like Hitler on his sets.”

Although many of her fans are supporting her speaking out against the alleged mistreatment from the director, Fox previously told Cosmopolitan U.K. in 2017 that she blames herself for the situation.

“That was absolutely the low point of my career,” Fox said at the time. “But without — ‘that thing,’ I wouldn’t have learned as quickly as I did. All I had to do was apologize — and I refused. I was so self-righteous at 23, I couldn’t see [that] it was for the greater good. I really thought I was Joan of Arc.”

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-23-2020), KevinD (06-23-2020), RBP (06-24-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Kimmel is running for cover. Next up on the cancel culture agenda is all his blackface skits on the Man show. Just wait.
    I've already seen it referenced.

Damn that show was funny. I feel like the chubby kid selling beer was one of the first viral videos.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (06-24-2020), RBP (06-24-2020)