Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terry Crews Faces Backlash ... Again ... for Black Lives Matter Tweets

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

CancelCulture Terry Crews Faces Backlash ... Again ... for Black Lives Matter Tweets

By TooFab Staff

"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" star Terry Crews is facing the ire of social media again on Tuesday, after sending out another controversial tweet about the Black Lives Matter movement.

"If you are a child of God, you are my brother and sister," he wrote. "I have family of every race, creed and ideology."

He then added, "We must ensure #blacklivesmatter doesn't morph into #blacklivesbetter."

His comments echo tweets he sent out earlier this month in which he claimed, "Defeating White supremacy without White people creates Black supremacy. Equality is the truth. Like it or not, we are all in this together." His comments sparked backlash then as well.

Actress Holly Robinson Peete was among the many who called out Crews' remarks this time around.

"Terry we trying to 'matter' and get to 'equal' and you are worried about better??" she replied to his post. She also re-tweeted it, adding, "Another sleepless night thinking about #ElijahMcClain and I woke up worrying about how to prevent my sweet special son from meeting a similar fate and you woke up worried about *checks tweet again*... #blacklivesBETTER??"

"We are aiming for equal! going back to sleep," she added.

Amanda Seales, former cohost of "The Real," said Crews' words were "unintellectual and irresponsible." She added, "You are developing into an enemy of the people. Ignorance will be your downfall."

Soledad O'Brien retweeted his post and added a simple, "Whew. This man... just... wow."

Bernice King, daughter of Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King and CEO of the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change, told Crews "we're so far from that bridge."

"#BlackLivesMatter is, in part, a rallying cry and a protest slogan to galvanize people into doing the justice work needed to derail the deaths, dehumanization and destruction of Black lives that racism causes," she added. "Justice is not a competition."

Journalist and CNN commentator Keith Boykin tweeted, "In 1883, the Supreme Court claimed that a Civil Rights Act would make Black people "the special favorite of the laws." In 2020, Terry Crews warned that #BlackLivesMatter will morph into #blacklivesbetter. Demanding Black equality is not Black supremacy."

Crews hasn't responded to any of the backlash yet. Last time, he replied to comedian Godfrey, who criticized his words by saying "Black pride isn't anti white."

"I agree. I'm not discussing white people here," Crews responded. "There are 'gatekeepers of Blackness' within our own community who decide who's Black and who's not. I have often been called out for not being 'Black enough.' How can that be?"

See more popular comments criticizing his stance below.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Preach it Terry..!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Terry Crews Doubles Down On Desire To Unite People Despite Leftist Outrage: I ‘Decide To Die On This Hill’

By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

Actor Terry Crews doubled down on his desire to unite people, regardless of race, after leftists whipped up an outrage cycle over remarks that he made early last week about “black lives matter.”

On Saturday, Crews wrote on Twitter: “Are all white people bad? No. Are all black people good? No. Knowing this reality – I stand on my decision to unite with good people, no matter the race, creed or ideology. Given the number of threats against this decision – I also decide to die on this hill.”

Crews’ tweet comes several days after he received backlash from leftists after warning people against allowing “black lives matter” to morph into “black lives better.”

Crews wrote on Twitter: “If you are a child of God, you are my brother and sister. I have family of every race, creed and ideology. We must ensure #blacklivesmatter doesn’t morph into #blacklivesbetter”

Crews was subjected to vile racial remarks over his tweet, including some who accused him of being a “white supremacist in black skin.”

Crews also derided those who hold a victim mentality, writing: “Intelligent decision making sometime requires you to forget what you’ve lost, and evaluate the situation as it exists today. This is not the oppression Olympics.”

In early-June, Crews generated outrage from the political Left when he tweeted: “Defeating White supremacy without White people creates Black supremacy. Equality is the truth. Like it or not, we are all in this together.”

Crews continued, “Any Black person who calls me a coon or and [sic] Uncle Tom for promoting EQUALITY is a Black Supremist, because they have determined who’s Black and who is not.”

Crews later replied to critics who responded to his “black supremacy” tweet, including a person who wrote to him: “I love you as a friend Brother Terry. But I disagree with you 100%. No such thing as Black Supremacy. That is a tactic that Racist whites use to counteract our rebellion to their horrific treatment of us. It’s called Gas lighting. Black pride isn’t anti white.”

Crews responded: “I agree. I’m not discussing white people here. There are ‘gatekeepers of Blackness’ within our own community who decide who’s Black and who’s not. I have often been called out for not being ‘black enough.’ How can that be?”

“Please know that everything I’ve said comes from a spirit of love and reconciliation, for the Black community first, then the world as a whole, in hopes to see a better future for Black people,” Crews added the next day. “I believe it is important we not suffer from groupthink, and we keep minds of our own, and be allowed to ask difficult questions to each other. I believe this dialogue is important as we get through this trauma together. I love you.”

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Goofy (07-11-2020), Griffin (07-06-2020), RBP (07-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    I can see both sides of the argument....BLM has arisen because what came before it hasn't worked

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I can see both sides of the argument....BLM has arisen because what came before it hasn't worked
    BLM has arisen on lies and a false narrative.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-11-2020), Griffin (07-11-2020), RBP (07-11-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (07-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    hands up, don't shoot!

And a completely wrong objectives. But when you point that out they say "what? This is only about police brutality"
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sounds like a bunch of Klansmen in here [~(

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    hands up, don't shoot!

And a completely wrong objectives. But when you point that out they say "what? This is only about police brutality"
    Cop friend of mine just posted a story about a wanted felon that was ACTIVELY shooting at police, they returned fire and killed him. An hour later protesters showed up at the scene and started harassing the cops.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-11-2020), RBP (07-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How do you know what the experience of being a black American is?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Or is it 'Black' now. Sorry

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    How do you know what the experience of being a black American is?
    They are about the killing of black people by cops. That's what the movement is all about. And it's mostly a false narrative. They won't address any other issues within the black community because not ALL black lives matter, only those killed by whitey.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (07-12-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They are about the killing of black people by cops. That's what the movement is all about. And it's mostly a false narrative. They won't address any other issues within the black community because not ALL black lives matter, only those killed by whitey.
    Yeah, but who knows who or what represents the movement. There's no black lives matter office where you can go and get the official pamphlet

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah, but who knows who or what represents the movement. There's no black lives matter office where you can go and get the official pamphlet
    https://blacklivesmatter.com/