Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harvard grad blames Trump supporters after ‘stab’ video costs her Deloitte job

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Bitch Harvard grad blames Trump supporters after ‘stab’ video costs her Deloitte job

By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

She’s a Harvard graduate, but a Connecticut woman apparently learned this week that words and actions can have consequences.

In a new video Wednesday, teary-eyed Claira Janover claims she lost a job with the Deloitte accounting firm after saying in a previous video -- that went viral -- that she would “stab” anyone who told her “all lives matter.”

“Standing up for Black Lives Matter put me in a place online to be seen by millions of people,” Janover says in the new video. As a result, “The job that I’d worked really hard to get and meant a lot to me has called me and fired me because of everything.”

Janover also says supporters of President Trump shared in the blame for her losing the gig.

“Trump supporters took my job away from me,” she claims. “I have gotten death threats, rape threats, violent threats. It was OK, but now my future’s entirely compromised because Trump supporters have decided to come for my life.”

The graduate with a degree in government and psychology claims Deloitte let her go despite a company claim of standing “against systemic bias, racism and unequal treatment.”

She also warns Trump supporters and Deloitte that she won’t be defeated by her personal setback.

“I’m too strong for you. I’m too strong for any of you ‘All Lives Matter,’ racist Trump supporters,” she says. “It sucks. But it doesn’t suck as much as systemic racism. And I’m not going to stop using my platform to advocate for it.”

“I’m sorry, Deloitte, that you can’t see that,” she adds. “That you were cowardice [sic] enough to fight somebody who’s going to make an indelible change in the world and is going to have an impact.”

Janover’s LinkedIn account had listed her as an “incoming government and public business service analyst” at Deloitte, according to the New York Post.

In her original viral video, Janover had issued a warning to anyone with “the nerve, the sheer entitled Caucasity to say, ‘all lives matter.’”

“I’ma stab you,” she said. “I’ma stab you, and while you’re struggling and bleeding out, I’ma show you my paper cut and say, ‘My cut matters, too.’”

She later claimed the clip was “clearly” an “analogous joke.”

“For legal reasons this is a joke,” she added. “And people are like reporting me for domestic terrorism, tagging the FBI, Harvard, Cambridge police.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-02-2020), RBP (07-03-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (07-02-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Harvard grad Claira Janover fired over TikTok ‘stab threat’ now raising money online

By Lee Brown - New York Post

The Harvard graduate fired over a TikTok video in which she threatened to “stab” anyone who told her “All Lives Matter” is now trying to raise cash online.

Claira Janover — who tearfully announced Wednesday that she had been fired amid the furor over her “analogous joke” video — updated her offending TikTok to include her Venmo details for donations.

On Instagram, she linked to a GoFundMe account set up by Harvard pals called “The Claira Janover is Incredible Fund.”

“She is now unemployed and at great financial and physical risk,” claimed the page.

By Thursday morning, the appeal had already reached its modest goal of $4,000 with more than 140 people donating in the first few hours.

It also asked for supporters to write to Twitter “asking for the death threats to be taken down” — as well as to accounting firm Deloitte “condemning its decision to fire her.”

Janover went viral by saying she would stab anyone with “the sheer entitled Caucasity” to say “All Lives Matter” — just so she could hold up a paper cut and say, “My cut matters, too.”

She insisted it was clearly an “analogous joke” about racist responses to “Black Lives Matter” — and marveled at the “insane” response.

Fundraising organizer Eric Cheng — who graduated Harvard alongside Janover in May — condemned the “truly disgusting death and rape threats from right-wing trolls” aimed at “one of my best friends.”

“Still, she will continue voicing her beliefs,” he said on Twitter.

Friends previously raised $3,473 for Janover when she lost her mother to cancer in February last year, the site shows.

Despite her defiance against the attacks, Janover had made her Twitter account private Thursday and said on TikTok that she was “gonna be off the grid due to some scarrrryyyy messages.”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    sad thing is the Lemmings will contribute thousands to her.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-03-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (07-02-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Someone should go through her social media and see how many times she was joyous when this happened to someone she disagreed with.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-03-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (07-02-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The chick is nuts...here's some more of her TikToks that someone captured and put on YouTube.

In this first one, she's herself arguing with a "Trump supporter":

And in this one, she's describing what "reverse racism" is:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    This make my brain hurt.

A couple things...
    “I’m too strong for you. I’m too strong for any of you ‘All Lives Matter,’ racist Trump supporters,” she says. “It sucks. But it doesn’t suck as much as systemic racism. And I’m not going to stop using my platform to advocate for it.”
    She's a Harvard Grad who works in a cush highly-compensated job at Deloitte. She's a deranged moron who has completely backward priorities, who BY THE WAY is incredibly PRIVILEGED.

Having said that...

Friends previously raised $3,473 for Janover when she lost her mother to cancer in February last year
    Why is this a thing? A HARVARD grad who works in a high profile consulting firm should not need a fundraiser.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (07-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    I'm not even going to inhale in this thread.

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I'm not even going to inhale in this thread.

It's simple. It cuts both ways. If social media and personal opinions get people fired then it has to go both directions.

It doesn't of course. The only reason she got fired was for a threat of violence. Not for being as asshole. The other direction, simple speech gets people fired.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (07-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Okay, so you have to cross a much larger line in the other direction. Point taken and thank you for saving me reading this

21. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    In a statement to Newsweek, Deloitte said Janover was never an employee of theirs and was instead "formerly scheduled for a two-week internship later this summer."

https://www.newsweek.com/all-lives-m...loitte-1514930

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (07-03-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    As a small aside have any dirty sexual fantasies past anyone's mind visiting this thread?

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    A commenter called her "Karen-san"

Last edited by RBP; 07-03-2020 at 12:38 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-03-2020)