#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

The Race Card Ice Cube Says Hollywood Owes Black People Reparations

By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

Rapper-turned-actor-turned-producer Ice Cube, real name O’Shea Jackson, has called upon Hollywood to pay out reparations to black people for its alleged legacy of racism.

Speaking on “The Breakfast Club” radio show with Charlamagne tha God, Ice Cube said “all the studios” that contributed to black pain need to pay for what they have allegedly done.

“Virtually all the studios who contributed in our narrative, in our pain, in our misrepresentation, in stealing our history and giving it to white people for over a 100 years, so I think these studios that we know and love should kick in to a studio that’s ran by black people with no outside influences, and whose movies and projects are owned by those black people,” he said on the show.

Ice Cube said that Hollywood should give more ownership to black directors and writers who put their own projects together.

“Those black artists, those black directors and writers, and people who put the projects together should own the projects – and these studios, they can license the projects, the movies, or the TV shows or whatever, or they don’t have to,” he said. “We can put them on our own streaming services. I just think it’s a form of reparations from the entertainment industry if they all had to invest a certain amount of money into the studio each year as payment for all the damage they’ve done to black people.”

Addressing reparations more broadly, Ice Cube said that black people, which make up approximately 13% of the population, should get 13% of the pie. He also denounced the idea of incremental reform, a sentiment with which Charlamagne agreed.

“We catching hell no matter who in office, and we always have. So we need to think about who’s gonna support this plan, and try to better the whole country … try to do it in a [sic] across the board, broad manner, because … stomping out little fires here and there, it just ain’t gonna cut it,” he said. “We are 13% of this country — more, 13.5 — and we deserve 13.5% of the pie, straight up, across the board. …We’re not trying to get to reform. We need equality, straight up. … Why reform a system that was geared towards our demise? We need to be equal.”

“Yeah, f**k reform,” Charlamagne replied. “We gotta tear the whole system down; dismantle the whole mechanism of white supremacy.”

When Charlemagne asked if Ice Cube felt free in America as an accomplished, multi-millionaire black man, the rapper replied no.

“No. [There’s] no way to feel free in America because I’m connected to our people, you know, so I actually feel the pain,” Ice Cube said.

“You feel it in your bones,” he added. “That’s how I feel when I see something happen to one of us in the street. I feel it in my bones, and so I don’t feel free. I feel like that person. I feel like that can happen to me; that can happen to one of my sons; that can happen to my daughter; that can happen to my nephews, nieces, my father. That can happen to my mother.”

“How the hell are you going to feel free in this country just ‘cause you got money? That ain’t s**t,” he concluded.

As the protests over the tragic death of George Floyd at the hands of a white police officer have embroiled the nation, Ice Cube has faced criticism for his public defense of Minister Louis Farrakhan and the promotion of anti-Semitic memes.

As the Daily Wire reported:

On June 11, The Daily Beast noted Ice Cube’s recent and not-so-recent forays into anti-Semitism, reporting that he “offered up a dog-whistle to his 5.3 million Twitter followers: a Star of David enveloping a black cube. He posted the image above a quadriptych of similar black cubes in four places around the world: California, New York, Denmark, and Australia … The image in question, what those with vivid imaginations have come to call the ‘Black Cube of Saturn,’ has ties to the occult—the entirely unsubstantiated idea being that it’s a sign of chaos. Further, placing it inside a Star of David heavily implies that the Jewish people are stoking the flames.”

Just prior to the Star of David post, Ice Cube posted a meme showing a mural by the graffiti artist Mear One that The Daily Beast said was “clearly intended to be anti-Semitic.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    “We are 13% of this country — more, 13.5 — and we deserve 13.5% of the pie, straight up , across the board. …We’re not trying to get to reform. We need equality, straight up

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Tiredness is a privilege?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Tiredness is a privilege?
    http://www.tehfalloutshelter.com/sho...ighlight=sleep

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Mfcka you got your reparations when you got paid millions for those shitty movies you starred in all because of your stupid name recognition from your angry music.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    is he going to share out his cheese?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    What kills me is that O'Shea is the smartest one out of all of the NWA members and he comes out with this bullshit.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (07-31-2020)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    #MySkinIsMySin

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned