Thread: CNN’s Brian Stelter Claims Media Outlets Exist to ‘Tear Down’ Biden, But that There’s No Media to Undermine Trump

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts

Fake News CNN’s Brian Stelter Claims Media Outlets Exist to ‘Tear Down’ Biden, But that There’s No Media to Undermine Trump

By Rudy Takala - MediaITE

CNN’s Brian Stelter on Sunday claimed “entire media companies essentially exist to tear down” former Vice President Joe Biden — but that there was a dearth of media seeking to undermine President Donald Trump.

“When you see entire media companies essentially exist to tear down Joe Biden, is there an equivalent of that on the left, tearing down Trump?” Stelter asked asked a guest, Errin Haines, during a roundtable segment on the Sunday edition of his weekly program, Reliable Sources.

“There really isn’t,” Haines replied. “It’s really a diet of this type of information that a lot of these voters are getting. A lot of the voters … when I interview them, I do hear them saying a lot of the talking points that sound very familiar from some of these shows which I try to listen to when I’m out on the campaign trail or when I’m at home, watching TV.”

The remarks came during a panel about Fox news and “radio stars” who Stelter said were “fueling hatred.” He added that the problem was “more severe” on the right, a comment that another guest, Nicole Hemmer, agreed with earlier in the segment. Citing radio king Rush Limbaugh, Hemmer said conservatives in media had “a sort of habit of attacking Democrats that goes pretty far back.”

Researchers at the Harvard Kennedy School’s Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy might disagree with Stelter. The school published a 2017 study that found 93 percent of Trump coverage on CNN was negative for the president, compared to 7 percent that was positive. They said the figures were the same for NBC, while finding 91 percent of coverage by CBS was negative for the president, in addition to 87 percent by The New York Times and 83 percent by The Washington Post.

Fox News came the closest to being impartial, researchers said. The study found 52 percent of coverage by Fox was negative compared to 48 percent that was positive.

Watch above via CNN.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,091 Times in 59,905 Posts
    There is absolutely NO MEDIA to undermine Trump

Except for: ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR, The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, Media Matters, Politico, Talking Point Memo, Vox Media, etc....but other than that, there's none

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

FBD (08-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

Except for: ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR, The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, Media Matters, Politico, Talking Point Memo, Vox Media, etc....but other than that, there's none
    and it doesnt exist in places outside of the usa, either

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    and you didn't even mention any of the Australian ones

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

FBD (08-11-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Stelter Meltdown: CNN Host Says It's "Otherworldly, Offensive" To Question Biden's Mental Health
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-mental-health

just like it was offensive to ask anything of Obama, but its a journalist's duty to question his mental health, apparently

(curious if we ever saw any mental health professional's licenses threatened for going against the mental health professionals code of ethics and issuing diagnoses of trump completely outside of a clinical setting, which is explicitly against their code of ethics....but yeah, ethics take second seat to politics for the severely brainwashed)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    Stelter Meltdown: CNN Host Says It's "Otherworldly, Offensive" To Question Biden's Mental Health
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-mental-health

just like it was offensive to ask anything of Obama, but its a journalist's duty to question his mental health, apparently

(curious if we ever saw any mental health professional's licenses threatened for going against the mental health professionals code of ethics and issuing diagnoses of trump completely outside of a clinical setting, which is explicitly against their code of ethics....but yeah, ethics take second seat to politics for the severely brainwashed)
    If I had the time I could easily find major publications questioning and offering up "expert" opinions on Trumps mental status.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    If I had the time I could easily find major publications questioning and offering up "expert" opinions on Trumps mental status.
    that was kinda my point, that even "actual experts" were going against explicitly written portions of their code of ethics that they all swear to uphold as sacred and most high. I know my ex was appalled at it given that she's one of those mental health professionals, but she and her coworkers were all of the opinion that it didnt matter if they didnt like Trump or not, it was absolutely unethical to make expert proclamations outside of a clinical setting and they felt that "professionals" who acted so unprofessionally should have their license to practice threatened.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

Muddy (08-11-2020)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    This is rich

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,556 Times in 5,208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post

They support him with their air time

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    They support him with their air time
    memes from the 2016 election arent allowed in the 2020 election