Thread: Project Veritas uncovers ‘ballot harvesting fraud’ in Minnesota: Devine

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Busted Project Veritas uncovers ‘ballot harvesting fraud’ in Minnesota: Devine

By Miranda Devine - New York Post

A ballot-harvesting racket in Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar’s Minneapolis district — where paid workers illegally gather absentee ballots from elderly Somali immigrants — appears to have been busted by undercover news organization Project Veritas.

One alleged ballot harvester, Liban Mohamed, the brother of Minneapolis city council member Jamal Osman, is shown in a bombshell Snapchat video rifling through piles of ballots strewn across his dashboard.

“Just today we got 300 for Jamal Osman,” says Mohamed, aka KingLiban1, in the video. “I have 300 ballots in my car right now . . .

“Numbers don’t lie. You can see my car is full. All these here are absentee ballots. . . . Look, all these are for Jamal Osman,” he says, displaying the white envelopes.

“Money is the king in this world . . . and a campaign is driven by money.”

The video, posted on July 1, was obtained by Project Veritas and included in a 17-minute video expose released Sunday night.

Under Minnesota law no individual can be the “designated agent” for more than three absentee voters.

The allegations come just five weeks before a presidential election plagued with predictions of voter fraud. Both President Trump and Attorney General Bill Barr have warned that the increased use of mail-in ballots, due to COVID-19 concerns about in-person voting, are vulnerable to fraud, especially when unsolicited ballots are mailed to all voters in certain states.

Project Veritas’ investigation in Minneapolis will pour gasoline on the fire, only 48 hours before Trump debates Joe Biden in the first presidential debate Tuesday, addressing topics including election security.

“Our investigation into this ballot harvesting ring demonstrates clearly how these unscrupulous operators exploit the elderly and immigrant communities” said James O’Keefe, founder and CEO of Project Veritas.

The alleged involvement of Ilhan Omar, a controversial member of the Squad, and frequent Trump target, is claimed on camera by two people in Veritas’ investigation, including whistleblower Omar Jamal, a Minneapolis community leader and chair of the city’s Somali Watchdog Group.

He claims Mohamed is “one of” Ilhan Omar’s “many people.”

“It’s an open secret. She will do anything that she can do to get elected and she has hundreds of people on the streets doing that,” he told Veritas in an on-camera interview last Tuesday.

“It’s not only her. It’s all this DFL [Democratic-Farmers-Labor] machine [that’s] in . . . the state of Minnesota . . .

“The regulations, if you ignore that and you let corruption and fraud become a daily business and then tough luck, the country will not exist as they [Americans] know it.”

Also implicating Ilhan Omar’s campaign in the scheme is an anonymous Minneapolis-based former political worker, who told Project Veritas that, before Minnesota’s primary elections, August 8, ballot harvesters “took every single ballot” from elderly people in a Minneapolis public housing complex — the Charles Horn Towers.

“Knock on the door and say, ‘your ballots come? Give it to me.’ ”

She alleges Ilhan Omar’s long-serving staffer, campaign deputy district director Ali (Isse) Gainey, was “coordinating everything.”

Gainey, “who is working in Ilhan’s campaign, is the one who is managing the voting place. They bring them. They line them. They put the open ballots in there and then they take them in and say, ‘Here,’ and the people mark [the ballots] . . .

“They have perfected this system,” she said. “They will tell you we are applying for your ballot. They take a picture of your social security and your driver’s license. They have a database. When the ballot comes, they track it. Sometimes, they make fake emails. They track the ballot. Then they come and pick up the ballot, unopened . . .

“They don’t give a s–t about any Somali . . . The DFL wants to win this state at all costs . . . and the victims is the Somali people.”

She also alleged that young people and women were paid for their ballots before last month’s Minnesota primary.

“Cash, cash, cash. They were carrying bags of money. . . . When you vote and they mark you off, then you get in the van, they give you the cash.”

Federal laws forbid paying someone to vote or register to vote, or intimidating voters.

Jamal, who has worked with Minnesota’s Ramsey County Sherriff’s Office on deradicalization education, helped Project Veritas investigators unveil what he calls “ongoing election fraud” which victimizes his community. He secretly recorded conversations with alleged ballot harvester Mohamed and a member of the DFL, Minnesota’s version of the Democratic party.

In one call, Mohamed allegedly explains ballot harvesting: “You request for the ballot. It will be sent to your house. You will fill it out and then send it.”

Omar asks: “So they request for the elderly?”

Mohamed says: “Yes, they request for them.”

Omar: “And it is taken away from them?”

Mohamed: “Yes, it is taken away from them.”

In another call, Mohamed says: “I’m working for Jamal Osman [who is] running for city council in Minneapolis. That’s my young brother.”

Osman, a member of the DFL, won the Ward 6 race for Minneapolis City Council in August.

Another grab from Mohamed’s Snapchat with the time stamp 1:59 am, July 2, shows a man brandishing a wad of about 30 ballots with the words “OFFICIAL ABSENTEE BALLOT” on the front of envelopes. “Two in the morning, still hustling,” he says.

Project Veritas’ investigation raises serious concerns about the security of mail-in ballots, and intimidation of vulnerable voters.

While FBI Director Christopher Wray told the Senate last week, “we have not seen, historically, any kind of coordinated national voter fraud effort in a major election,” troubling examples have arisen in recent months.

In Paterson, New Jersey, two officials were charged with election fraud last month after hundreds of mail-in-ballots were discarded. In Pennsylvania, nine military ballots from the 2016 election, most for Trump, were found in a dumpster, it was revealed last week.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    this has how the democrats have won elections for the past 40 years

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (09-28-2020), Teh One Who Knocks (09-28-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    this has how the democrats have won elections for the past 40 years
    Yup, ask Porky. There were several republicans in SoCal that appeared to win seats in the House in 2018 only to have the results flipped when trucks full of harvested ballots showed up.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (09-28-2020), FBD (09-28-2020), Griffin (09-28-2020), PorkChopSandwiches (09-28-2020)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Yup, ask Porky. There were several republicans in SoCal that appeared to win seats in the House in 2018 only to have the results flipped when trucks full of harvested ballots showed up.
    Yep, its a fucking joke

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    i get applications for absentee ballots almost every week addressed to me here in minnesota, but they are not the actual ballots. i guess i don't know what would happen if i filled out 300 of them...

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Minneapolis police investigating ballot harvesting claims amid allegations surrounding Omar

By Sam Dorman | Fox News

The Minneapolis Police Department is investigating claims by right-wing activist group Project Veritas that individuals tied to Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., engaged in illegal ballot harvesting before the election.

"The Minneapolis Police Department is aware of the allegations of vote harvesting. We are in the process of looking into the validity of those statements," a department statement read on Monday. "No further information is available at this time on this."

Project Veritas' latest video lit up social media as it came just weeks before a presidential election that is expected to see a surge in absentee or mail-in voting. In Minnesota, the issue has come under judicial scrutiny as Republicans and Democrats battled over a measure that would limit the number of ballots a third party could hold for others.

According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the state's Supreme Court recently allowed voting to proceed without a three-person limit on the number of ballots any one individual can collect.

President Trump has already called on the Justice Department to investigate the claims, which include allegations of a cash-for-ballot scheme.

"This is totally illegal," Trump said Sunday, linking to an article on the issue. "Hope that the U.S. Attorney in Minnesota has this, and other of her many misdeeds, under serious review??? If not, why not??? We will win Minnesota because of her, and law enforcement. Saved Minneapolis & Iron O Range!"

Omar responded on Monday by mocking Trump over a New York Times report detaiing how, in 2016, he paid $750 in income taxes.

Project Veritas, a controversial group that has produced a number of misleading videos, claims that a local community leader, Omar Jarmal, blew the whistle on the Minnesota congresswoman's alleged corruption.

“It's an open secret,” he reportedly said. “she [Omar] will do anything that she can do to get elected and she has hundreds of people on the streets doing that.”

The investigation purports to show a ballot harvester claiming that he received money to obtain ballots. It also highlights an alleged harvester who boasts about the number of ballots he's collected for a local official.

PV also claims to have spoken with a former campaign worker who indicated that Omar's team paid voters for ballots.

According to Newsweek, Omar's senior communications director, Jeremy Slevin, blasted the investigation as an attempt to delegitimize the election.

"The amount of truth to this story is equal to the amount Donald Trump paid in taxes of ten out of the last fifteen years: zero. And amplifying a coordinated right-wing campaign to delegitimize a free and fair election this fall undermines our democracy," he said.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-30-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    I wish they could pin something on that terrorist bitch.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-30-2020), PorkChopSandwiches (09-29-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    i get applications for absentee ballots almost every week addressed to me here in minnesota, but they are not the actual ballots. i guess i don't know what would happen if i filled out 300 of them...
    Applications "shouldnt be any big deal" because it is still an absentee ballot and you have to request one...so technically once they send you one, you should be marked off and they shouldnt send another

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I got a mailer on Monday that states everyone registered to vote will be receiving a mail in ballot whether or not you requested the absentee. I dont think they ever clear out old voters, so unless you submitted a form that you died, you will be getting a ballot

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    I got a mailer on Monday that states everyone registered to vote will be receiving a mail in ballot whether or not you requested the absentee. I dont think they ever clear out old voters, so unless you submitted a form that you died, you will be getting a ballot

Well, that right there would be an amazing feat if you were actually dead.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (09-30-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Didnt Okeefe sue them to clean up their ded

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    Didnt Okeefe sue them to clean up their ded
    A few years ago, but I'm sure they dont keep on top of it. Our voter turnout is higher then registered voters by 10% typically. So.....

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts