#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Fuck! Parrots had to be removed from zoo after teaching each other to swear

Joe Roberts for Metro.co.uk

A group of foul-mouthed parrots had to be removed from their zoo enclosure after they started swearing at visitors.

The newly adopted parrots were quarantined in the same room after arriving at Lincolnshire Wildlife Park last month.

But it appears they used their time in isolation to teach other swear words and emerged sounding like an ‘old working men’s club’.

The park’s chief executive said staff couldn’t help but laugh when they heard them swearing, but this only encouraged the five African grey parrots.

Steve Nichols said they were temporarily removed from public view and put in ‘time out’ to think about their behaviour.

‘For the last 25 years, we have always taken in parrots that have sometimes had a bit of blue language and we have really got used to that,’ he said.

‘Every now and then you’ll get one that swears and it’s always funny. We always find it very comical when they do swear at you.

‘But, just by coincidence, we took in five in the same week and because they were all quarantined together it meant that one room was just full of swearing birds.

‘The more they swear the more you usually laugh, which then triggers them to swear again.

‘But when you get four or five together that have learnt the swearing and naturally learnt the laughing, when one swears, one laughs, and before you know it just got to be like an old working men’s club.’

Mr Nichols said African greys are very good at learning vocalisations from noises, and were swearing at visitors within 20 minutes of being put on display.

He said: ‘We found it highly amusing and the customers were fine – there was no problem at all.

‘But we were worried because we had children coming at the weekend.’

The parrots will be separated when they are released so if they do swear it’s not as bad them ‘blasting it out at once’.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

FBD (09-30-2020), lost in melb. (10-01-2020), Muddy (09-30-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    A young man received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird’s mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.

John tried and tried to change the bird’s attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to ‘clean up’ the bird’s vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he’d hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John’s outstretched arms and said “I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I’m sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior.”

John was stunned at the change in the bird’s attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird spoke-up, very softly, “May I ask what the turkey did?”

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (09-30-2020), FBD (09-30-2020), lost in melb. (10-01-2020), Pony (09-30-2020)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    that's great shit

someone should buy those birds and then they can charge people to get harassed by them
    Last edited by FBD; 09-30-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts