Thread: ‘Commander In Chief’: Demi Lovato Releases New Anti-Trump Song

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Trump Derangement Syn ‘Commander In Chief’: Demi Lovato Releases New Anti-Trump Song

By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

President Trump gets a roasting in a new song released by Demi Lovato on Tuesday called “Commander in Chief.”

The cover art for the song, released on Vevo and Lovato’s social media, feature’s Lovato wearing a mask with the word “Vote” emblazoned across her mouth. According to Fox News, she originally performed the song at the Billboard Music Awards on October 14.

The lyrics for the song are standard fare, characterizing the president as some kind of evil, power-hungry sociopath while encouraging his opponents to fight for justice. Essentially, nothing particularly original.

“We were taught when we were young/ If we fight for what’s right there won’t be justice for just some/ We won’t give up, stand our ground/ We’ll be in the streets while you’re bunkering down. Loud and proud, best believe/ We’ll still take knee/ while you’re Commander in Chief,” she sings.

“Commander in Chief, honestly/ If I did the things you do, I couldn’t sleep/ Seriously, do you even know the truth?/ We’re in a state of crisis, people are dying/ While you line your pockets deep/ Commander in Chief /How does it feel to still be able to breathe?” goes the chorus.

A post shared by on

Though the Left will inarguably celebrate Lovato’s new anthem, her more right-of-center followers were not so enthusiastic.

“I hope you realize this makes people that don’t have the same political views feel like they can’t listen to you anymore. We could care less what you post about politics but this song is going to at to [sic] far especially when the majority of your family is Republican,” said one Instagram user. “I’m personally ashamed to be a Lovatic right now but no matter how hard it is I’m not letting this song change my feelings about you especially after everything you have helped me with. I really hope this doesn’t ruin your career Demetria.”

The singer responded to the critic, arguing that she still has a right to express her political opinions as a celebrity.

“You do understand as a celebrity, I have a right to political views as well? Or did you forget that we aren’t just around to entertain people for our entire lives.. that we are citizens of the same country and we are humans with opinions as well?”

Demi Lovato jumped into the political fray over the summer when she wrote in a Vogue op-ed that she hated knowing that she shared the same skin color as those who have been accused of killing black people.

“All I knew was that I hated that I shared the same skin color as the people accused of committing heinous crimes against Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, George Floyd and many, many other Black lives,” she wrote. “After taking some time to educate myself, what I’ve learned is that to be a good ally, you need to be willing to protect people at all costs. You have to step in if you see something happening that’s not right: a racist act, a racist comment, a racist joke. And it’s not just with Black Lives Matter. It’s also with the Me Too movement. Finally, the world is waking up and it’s beautiful to witness.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    I sat there for 10 minutes and watched those horrible Billboard awards last night because she wanted to see her idol " Harry Styles".. What a cluster fuck of talentless performers and social justice (black lives) stories.. I honestly had to get my dog and talk a walk before I tore the TV off the wall. I came home when Harry had won his award.. Which is a miracle in itself since he was up against Taylor Swift who is a entertainment bloated behemoth.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    They're all doing the same shit that effectively got Trump elected to begin with, that keep us rushing to defend him... they're not learning.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    They're all doing the same shit that effectively got Trump elected to begin with, that keep us rushing to defend him... they're not learning.
    Don't get angry if you get swamped out.