Thread: Casualties of the election

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts

Casualties of the election

Here's your first casualty of the threat of a Biden administration..

Pet Valu just announced they are closing all their US stores. 358 of them

Boy, talk about faith in this new admin to lead them into the next phase of prosperity.

https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimor...-maryland.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (11-05-2020)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    petvalu is that new place that popped up and is the ONE single place I've been thrown out of for mask refusal. fuck these people, I told them when I was leaving the store that I was going to laugh when they went out of business, and now here's reality coming for them

makes me want to wait until they put up the sign that they're closing and I'll go open the door and ask if they're glad they refused customers during the hoax

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    petvalu is that new place that popped up and is the ONE single place I've been thrown out of for mask refusal. fuck these people, I told them when I was leaving the store that I was going to laugh when they went out of business, and now here's reality coming for them
    You're insane to be happy about 350 American stores closing because you got told to wear a fucking mask that they were mandated by the government to tell you to do.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    You're insane to be happy about 350 American stores closing because you got told to wear a fucking mask that they were mandated by the government to tell you to do.
    I'm perfectly sane for calling bullshit on mask hysteria, and I'm perfectly sane for laughing at a company that as a whole decided to refuse business based on whether or not someone was willing to be a sheep or not. Stimulus response, what was asked for was what was given. Its one thing if they werent hacking away at their own bottom line by refusing people's money, but when that's precisely what happened, I have zero sympathy.

Pretty much every other store around here puts the sign up and calls it good, because they know the mask orders carried no actual legal weight. (even thought a lot of people acted as though they did)
    Last edited by FBD; 11-05-2020 at 03:39 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

KevinD (11-05-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Casualty of the election? After perusing the article, it looks to me that it's more like a casualty of the policies of the pandemic.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (11-05-2020), KevinD (11-05-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    I'm perfectly sane for calling bullshit on mask hysteria, and I'm perfectly sane for laughing at a company that as a whole decided to refuse business based on whether or not someone was willing to be a sheep or not. Stimulus response, what was asked for was what was given. Its one thing if they werent hacking away at their own bottom line by refusing people's money, but when that's precisely what happened, I have zero sympathy.

Pretty much every other store around here puts the sign up and calls it good, because they know the mask orders carried no actual legal weight. (even thought a lot of people acted as though they did)
    No you're not.. You're an asshole and acting like a petulant child because this business won't defy state orders and risk forced closure to defend your fuckin' craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Casualty of the election? After perusing the article, it looks to me that it's more like a casualty of the policies of the pandemic.
    As I suspect, with the current news that Biden will most likely be the next president they have figured with the new tax cuts being reversed and the even tighter covid lock-down that there is no way they can weather this storm any longer... When Trump didn't clearly win this election they knew their time was up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (11-07-2020)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    No you're not.. You're an asshole and acting like a petulant child because this business won't defy a governor's executive order that is of very dubious legal nature and risk forced closure to defend your fuckin' craziness.
    so following the letter of the law is crazy, now

and let's nevermind those HIPAA laws

or how the order is entirely inconsistent with it

and not for nothin, but petulant means ill tempered and sulky, I am not ill tempered an sulky the only one who is being ill tempered here is you, for me laughing at a company going under because of its own stupid policies
    Last edited by FBD; 11-05-2020 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Just announced 45 minutes ago...

GM investing $1 billion to bring truck production back to Canada to meet demand, CEO Barra says.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...and-barra-says

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Pony (11-05-2020)