Thread: Sax Player Busted Trying to Burn Down Strip Club After Being Thrown Out

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Busted Sax Player Busted Trying to Burn Down Strip Club After Being Thrown Out

Hardboiled News

BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut — He must have thought a little T & A stood for torch and arson.

A one-time prominent saxophone player and the son of the former mayor of Bridgeport has been arrested for allegedly trying to burn down a strip club that had refused to let him in.

Stephen Moran, the son of former Mayor Mary Moran, who led Bridgeport from 1989-1991, had been thrown out of Scruples Gentleman’s Club last week for allegedly creating a disturbance, cops said.

As he was leaving, police said he set fire to a bush outside the club, which was quickly extinguished.

But on Friday night, the 54-year-old Moran returned and after being told he couldn’t come in, police say he came back with a can of gasoline, which he allegedly splashed on the building and then set it on fire.

Club employees were able to put out the fire and held Moran until police arrived. He was charged with second-degree arson, reckless burning and first-degree reckless endangerment.

“This is a serious arson case,” prosecutor Nicholas Bove said, according to the Connecticut Post. He said the owners of the strip club worry Moran might try to strike again.

Moran was once a well-respected saxophone player, performing in the 1990s with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra. But his life took a turn, and in 2018 and 2019, he had numerous alcohol-fueled arrests.

Moran’s lawyer asked for leniency for Moran, saying he needs to be home to care for his parents who are both ill with coronavirus.

The judge agreed the incident was serious and noted that Moran is awaiting sentencing in the same court for numerous other charges, so ordered him held on $300,000 bond.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Moran was once a well-respected saxophone player, performing in the 1990s with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra. But his life took a turn, and in 2018 and 2019, he had numerous alcohol-fueled arrests.
    So... he started drinking?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (11-30-2020)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    I've been to Scruples not in damn near 20 years, but back when I worked in Shelton it was a fuck of a drive and that place was 10 minutes away, so we partied there somewhat regularly back in the ge days. best time was when we got our insanely hot 5'10 model quality coworker to go with us, she wound up making out with the strippers, dollars flew like rain, my buddy was picking up handfuls off the floor and stuffing them down her shirt. the strippers got reprimanded by the management, my buddy went home and got into a bunch of trouble with his wife for having glitter (like makeup painted) all over his face, I got a 2 girl lapdance...quality entertainment

back to the article, how one could possibly burn this place down from the outside is beyond me, its fuggin concrete or something
    Last edited by FBD; 11-25-2020 at 04:54 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (11-30-2020)