Thread: Katie Couric Tapped As 'Jeopardy!' Guest Host After Alex Trebek's Final Episodes

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

TV Katie Couric Tapped As 'Jeopardy!' Guest Host After Alex Trebek's Final Episodes

Ace Showbiz

AceShowbiz - Katie Couric will temporarily replace Alex Trebek on "Jeopardy!". While the late game show host's final episodes aired this week, the former "Today" co-host was unveiled to be one of the first guest hosts to take over the role following his death.

Revealing the 64-year-old journalist's hosting deal was Los Angeles Times. Sources told the outlet that she has been signed to host the game show for one week. However, she and Sony Pictures Television have yet to confirm the report.

Katie will follow Ken Jennings to serve as guest host on "Jeopardy!". The 74-time champion of the game show will take center stage on Monday, January 11, 2021. The show itself has previously informed fans that there will be interim guest hosts until a permanent replacement has been chosen.

"We will resume production on 11/30 with a series of interim guest hosts from the 'Jeopardy!' family - starting with Ken Jennings," the show pointed out on Instagram in November 2020. "Additional guest hosts to be announced."

The temporary replacement hosts came after Alex died from pancreatic cancer on November 8, 2020. His last episodes are currently airing until Friday, January 8. In one of the episodes that aired on Monday, January 4, he shared a powerful message about togetherness and giving.

"You'll recall that about a month ago, I asked all of you to take a moment to give thanks for all of the blessings that you enjoy in your lives," he stated. "Now, today, a different kind of message. This is the season of giving. I know you want to be generous with your family, your friends, your loved ones."

"But today, I'd like you to go one step further. I'd like you to open up your hands and open up your hearts to those who are still suffering because of COVID-19. People who are suffering through no fault of their own," he went on. "We're trying to build a gentler, kinder society, and if we all pitch in - just a little bit - we're gonna get there."

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-07-2021)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    From what I remember when she was an anchor, she far too dumb to host jeopardy.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-07-2021), FBD (01-08-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    I dono shit about Katie Couric

The more I think about it, the more I want it to be Ken. I really don't want some talking head from the news.

I mean come on, guy's a class act

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-12-2021), lost in melb. (01-12-2021)