Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alternative social media platform Parler goes dark as Amazon suspends service

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Well it's done. Truth be told I'm not for censoring Trump long-term, but there seems to be the possibility of violence leading up to the inauguration. Somebody needs to take responsibility for that. I think there's a limit to the "punish individuals" approach.

why don't you guys ever talk about what a loose cannon Trump is? A couple of tweets and he couldn't ignore the whole thing. You know that. Too risky
    If Trump's a loose cannon, then the Democrats are just as complicit for all the horseshit that they've been peddling for the past 4 years. And if not just as complicit, then more so.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (01-12-2021)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    why don't you guys ever talk about what a loose cannon Trump is? A couple of tweets and he couldn't ignore the whole thing. You know that. Too risky
    We already went over that a few months back wherein a bunch of us told you that by and large, we approve of Trump's actions. Some have jumped on the bandwagon to criticize about the electoral vote and making excuses for why he should have ahead of time knew that antifa was going to cause trouble, but that's just being bandwagoneers.

I dont see Trump as a loose cannon at all, I see him as someone who will call balls & strikes and call a spade a spade and puts the country first like a real president should. Taunting guilty parties and assorted enemies whose lives and wellbeing are predicated upon their dutifully character assassinating him for the globohomos is not being a loose cannon.
    Last edited by FBD; 01-12-2021 at 05:51 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    If Trump's a loose cannon, then the Democrats are just as complicit for all the horseshit that they've been peddling for the past 4 years. And if not just as complicit, then more so.
    Whataboutism whatever

Your boy went too far for too long. Let's see how much damage the nutters he has unleashed are gonna do

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Whataboutism whatever

Your boy went too far for too long. Let's see how much damage the nutters he has unleashed are gonna do
    He didn't unleash anything. He called for a peaceful protest outside of the Capitol. What Trump supporters did was up to them. He didn't go too far. Try giving this one the full 5 minutes:

Watch the whole thing.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-12-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Try ramming a meat thermometer in your ear.
    how it will be read

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

Leftists "win" by lying, fraud, terror, and going after the children. (and not just in the pedo sense)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    wow

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    PBS just fired the guy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

KevinD (01-13-2021)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    That's surprising

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-12-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,887 Posts
    If, and I say IF, there were violence on inauguration day, I would fully understand it. Not condone it, but understand.
    Those who say "violence is never the answer" are weak fools, hiding behind skirts. I generally keep my mouth shut, except perhaps hereand almost always turn the other cheek. Most like myself do. I'm 52. For at least 35 of those years, I've watched the liberal party, the crooked politicians ( on both sides mind you) slowly but surely tear this country apart. I for one, have just about had enough. The only reason yall aren't seeing my mug on the evenews is that I don't believe most of the seriously ignorant fools in this country are worth my blood.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-13-2021), FBD (01-13-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    If, and I say IF, there were violence on inauguration day, I would fully understand it. Not condone it, but understand.
    Those who say "violence is never the answer" are weak fools, hiding behind skirts. I generally keep my mouth shut, except perhaps hereand almost always turn the other cheek. Most like myself do. I'm 52. For at least 35 of those years, I've watched the liberal party, the crooked politicians ( on both sides mind you) slowly but surely tear this country apart. I for one, have just about had enough. The only reason yall aren't seeing my mug on the evenews is that I don't believe most of the seriously ignorant fools in this country are worth my blood.
    You're angry but not crazy.

I can understand why you wouldn't bother (forcibly) ripping apart the system if there's nothing decent to replace it with.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

KevinD (01-13-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,887 Posts
    Let's just say I'm T the point where the whistle on the pressure cooker has stopped rattling and started screaming...

In all honesty, I wouldn't take up arms at this point, even if I truly thought it necessary. I don't believe (sadly) that things have gotten bad enough in this country for the majority folks to truly understand. I have traveled to many places and countries and still believe this are overall pretty darned good here, comparatively speaking. It just angers me severely to see our elected officials totally ignore our laws, the sheer blatant disregard for equality. By that I mean the crooks silencing others for "doing" what they themselves do.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-13-2021), FBD (01-13-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (01-13-2021)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Amazon slams Parler in court reply and invokes Big Tech's liability shield

By Brian Fung, CNN Business

(CNN Business) Amazon Web Services filed its response to Parler's lawsuit on Tuesday, blaming the social media platform favored by the far-right for filing a "meritless claim" against the cloud computing giant and citing a liability shield often maligned by President Donald Trump: Section 230 of the Communications Act of 1934.

AWS's legal brief argues that it is Parler, not Amazon (AMZN), that breached the terms of its contract and that Parler's removal from AWS's hosting platform was a "last resort."

"This case is about Parler's demonstrated unwillingness and inability to remove from the servers of Amazon Web Services ('AWS') content that threatens the public safety," Amazon wrote, "such as by inciting and planning the rape, torture, and assassination of named public officials and private citizens."

The response highlights more than a dozen examples that Amazon said it reported to Parler, including calls for a civil war and the deaths of Democratic lawmakers; tech company CEOs including Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey; members of professional sports leagues; former Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao; and US Capitol Police, among others.

Parler didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Amazon denied that it interfered in Parler's relationship with its users, and claimed that Parler's antitrust allegations do not meet the basic threshold required for a Sherman Act claim. Parler had alleged Amazon was engaged in a conspiracy to eliminate a competitor from the marketplace; Amazon said Parler's suit fails to define a relevant market or specify how competition was harmed.

Amazon also leans on Section 230, the law that has been heavily criticized by President Donald Trump and that grants tech platforms immunity for their content moderation efforts.

"That is precisely what AWS did here: removed access to content it considered 'excessively violent' and 'harassing,'" the brief said.

The litigation could thus become a high-profile test of the law that has come under scrutiny by both Democrats and Republicans.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Once this is resolved, Big Tech's finances are going to crumble as fast as Parler's security did once their ddos protection etc was gone

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks