Thread: AOC: I Didn’t Attend Biden’s Inauguration In Part Because I Don’t ‘Feel Safe’ Around Republicans

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Stupid AOC: I Didn’t Attend Biden’s Inauguration In Part Because I Don’t ‘Feel Safe’ Around Republicans

By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said during an interview on Thursday night that part of the reason that she did not attend President Joe Biden’s inauguration was because she does not feel safe around Republicans.

“You knew that people would ask why you weren’t there,” CNN host Chris Cuomo said. “This was a good cause, from your perspective, of dealing with your constituency. But this was supposed to be a show of force, and unity, and you weren’t there. Explain it.”

“Yeah, you know, I think we also had very real security concerns as well, as you mentioned earlier,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “We still don’t yet feel safe around other Members of Congress and—”

“How many are ‘We?'” Cuomo pressed.

“I think a very considerable amount,” Ocasio-Cortez answered. “A lot of members do not feel safe. In fact, just today–”

“You really think that colleagues of yours in Congress, may do you dirty?” Cuomo asked.

“Yes, well, one just tried to bring a gun on the floor of the House today,” she responded. “I believe it was Representative Andy Harris of Maryland. He tried to bring in a gun on to the House floor. For individuals who don’t know, guns are not allowed in the District of Columbia. And certainly the House floor is, there are separate House rules that prohibit the bringing in of firearms. Now, these are rules that date back to the Civil War. And these are individuals that are trying to sneak firearms either illegally or in direct violation of House rules. Why does a member of Congress need to sneak a gun on to the House floor?”

Ocasio-Cortez made it clear on her Twitter account early on Friday morning that she was referring to being afraid of Republicans when she quote retweeted a video clip from the interview and wrote: “GOP lawmakers campaigned with images of them cocking guns next to photos of myself. Now they are trying to violate DC law and House rules to sneak guns onto the House floor two weeks after a white supremacist insurrection that killed 5 people. Why?”

Ocasio-Cortez said that she did not care what Harris’s intentions were when he brought the firearm with him to Congress because “the impact is to put all 435 Members of Congress in danger.”

“He tried to hand off his gun to another Member, who didn’t have a license, and any responsible gun-owner knows that you don’t just hand off your gun to another individual. You have to clear it, etcetera,” she claimed. “And that just goes to show, it doesn’t matter what your intention is, if you are irresponsible, if you are trying to break rules, you’re trying to sneak a fire arm, on to the floor of the House, I don’t care if you accidentally set it off, I don’t care if you intentionally set it off, I don’t care if you don’t set it off at all, you are put – you are endangering the lives of Members of Congress.”

Ocasio-Cortez also targeted Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Josh Hawley (R-MO) over the objections they raised during the certification of Biden’s Electoral College victory, saying that they should be expelled. Even Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) has defended Cruz and Hawley, saying, “I think the Senate is a place of freedom and people come here to speak their peace, and they do, and they provide a kind of leadership.”

WATCH:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-23-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts
    She may be genuinely neurotic ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-23-2021)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    the guilty smell fearful

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    She may be genuinely neurotic ...
    Or, she might just be a clueless, dumbass, attention whore.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-22-2021), FBD (01-22-2021), Pony (01-22-2021), RBP (01-23-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Or, she might just be a clueless, dumbass, attention whore.
    You can't be all those things at the same time

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    If being in the same room as a gun puts your life in danger they better disarm all their security.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-22-2021), RBP (01-23-2021)