#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Good News Biden Stops Trump Order To Slash Price Of Insulin, EpiPen

By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

President Joe Biden’s United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) on Thursday stopped executive orders from his predecessor designed to significantly lower prescription drug prices for Americans, including insulin and epinephrine.

The new administration will apparently re-evaluate the executive action from President Donald Trump toward the end of March. It remains unclear if it will be reinstated.

“The HHS Thursday froze the former Trump administration’s December drug policy that requires community health centers to pass on all their insulin and epinephrine discount savings to patients,” Bloomberg Law reported Thursday. “Centers that don’t pass on the savings wouldn’t qualify for federal grants.”

“This freeze is part of the Biden administration’s large-scale effort announced this week that will scrutinize the Trump administration’s health policies,” the report noted. “If the previous administration’s policies raise ‘fact, law, or policy’ concerns, the Biden HHS will delay them and consult with the Office of Management and Budget about other actions.”

A report for Bloomberg Government said the Biden administration is on a “different page” about curbing drug prices than the Trump administration, noting of the Biden team awaiting “at least a dozen lawsuits … over Trump-era moves to lower drug prices”:

Biden enters the presidency with at least a dozen lawsuits waiting over Trump-era moves to lower drug prices, an issue the new administration will likely tackle in its own way. The Department of Health and Human Services under Biden inherits challenges to rules that tie drug reimbursement to cheaper foreign drug prices and allow medication imports from Canada. It also faces complaints over Trump’s push for drugmakers to ship discounted drugs bought by low-income health centers to commercial contract pharmacies.

Trump signed four executive orders in July that directed the secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to “[e]nd a shadowy system of kickbacks by middlemen that lurks behind the high out-of-pocket costs many Americans face at the pharmacy counter,” the department announced at the time, noting that they would provide Americans more options on purchasing the drugs.

During the signing ceremony, Trump said the high price of insulin and EpiPens have cut off low-income people in “desperate” need of the treatments.

“The four orders I’m signing today will be on the prescription drug market in terms of pricing and everything else to make these medications affordable and accessible for all Americans,” said Trump, surrounded by health care professionals. “The first order will require federal community health centers to pass the giant discounts they received from drug companies on insulin and EpiPens directly to their patients. You know insulin became so expensive people weren’t able to use it. They desperately needed it.”

“We have it to a level that you’re not going to believe,” he continued. “EpiPens — likewise you have been hearing horrible stories about EpiPens over the last six or seven years, horrible, horrible, horrible increases for where they went to almost nothing to massive amounts of money. We’re changing that right now.”

“Under this order,” Trump added, “the price of insulin for affected patients will come down to just pennies a day, pennies a day from numbers that you weren’t even able to think about. It’s a massive cost savings.”

Trump said providers “should not be receiving discounts for themselves while charging their poorest patients massive full prices.”

Along with the order ending the “shadowy system of kickbacks by middlemen,” another order would allow states, wholesalers, and pharmacies to offer “safe and legal importation of prescription drugs from Canada and other countries where the price for the identical drug is incredibly lower,” Trump underscored.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-23-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    What his point on this?
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    What his point on this?
    Globohomo subversion In a kakistocracy, its all about laundering & kickbacks, so this just reminds you that big pharma is in bed with big pedo and end users suffer more when money's tight and its in your pocket instead

https://nitter.net/ODDMQNSTER/status...316735492096#m

"I dont even know what I'm signing"

"Just sign it"

/signs it anyway

This is pretty much an impeachable offense right there

Last edited by FBD; 01-23-2021 at 05:55 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    ffs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-24-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    That son of a bitch. I use the Epipen.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-24-2021)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    C'mon Man

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    On his first day in office, President Biden announced a Regulatory Freeze Pending Review through a press release sent by his chief of staff Ron Klain. The announcement, sent to all federal agencies, froze all new regulations signed by President Trump during the waning days of his term, impacting new regulations that had not yet gone into effect. The freeze will last 60 days until the new administration can review them.
    Not aimed at Insulin-EpiPen in particular but that is just one of the items frozen.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Monk For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (01-30-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Let's not pretend Democrats lack empathy for the common man

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Let's not pretend Democrats have empathy for the common man

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Let's not pretend Democrats lack empathy for the common man
    Is that to imply that conservatives lack empathy for the common man? Because that's just as ridiculous.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-31-2021), KevinD (01-31-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (01-30-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    I find it funny that people still have the idea that the political affiliations of the people and big business are the same as they were in the 80s. It's not true anymore. The parties have switched.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-30-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (01-30-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Is that to imply that conservatives lack empathy for the common man? Because that's just as ridiculous.
    Nope. I was talking about perception of Dems

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Nope. I was talking about perception of Dems
    I get frustrated with this game of moral high-ground, and political homogeneity.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

FBD (01-31-2021), lost in melb. (01-31-2021)