Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Biden erases Dr. Seuss from 'Read Across America' proclamation as progressives seek to cancel beloved author

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    In reality the policy should be so long as its not illegal....but, globhomopedo...

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    They stopped printing them, so there will be no more.
    Being as popular as they are, if this is true then it is going to costs them dearly in monetary terms.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    They stopped printing them, so there will be no more.
    Yes, the estate that manages Seuss's books decided not to print 6 titles anymore. I've had a look at some of the pages and they're probably not appropriate for kids to read, unsupervised, in 2021, tbh.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I thought that might have been fake, but....

Auction Site eBay Confirms It Is ‘Monitoring’ For Illicit Dr. Seuss Book Sales
    By Emily Zanotti - The Daily Wire

Internet auction site eBay confirmed, Thursday, that it is scouring its open auctions for six “canceled” Dr. Seuss titles, reviewing seller profiles, and removing the listings, which the site claims violate its “offensive materials policy.”

On Thursday morning, the Daily Wire reported that eBay sellers who had listed copies of six Dr. Seuss titles marked at “racist” and “offensive” and removed from publication by Dr. Seuss Enterprises — “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street”; “If I Ran the Zoo”; “McElligot’s Pool”; “On Beyond Zebra!”; “Scrambled Eggs Super!” and “The Cat’s Quizzer” — were receiving messages that they were no longer allowed to sell the books.

According to an eBay seller who received a message from the auction site’s standards and practices department about a removed listing, eBay is taking down the Dr. Seuss auctions because they violate the company’s “offensive materials policy” which bans the sale of items that “promote or glorify hatred, violence, or discrimination.”

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our Offensive material policy. Listings that promote or glorify hatred, violence, or discrimination aren’t allowed.

What activity didn’t follow the policy[:]

Dr. Seuss Enterprises has stopped the publication of this book due to its negative portrayal of some ethnicities. As a courtesy, we have ended your item and refunded your selling fees, and as long as you do not relist the item, there will be no negative impact to your account. Please review our Offensive Materials Policy prohibits this item for more information.

What you need to do next.

You can’t relist items we’ve ended. Please ensure your current and future listings follow this policy.

The “offensive materials” policy states that:

“Listings that promote, perpetuate or glorify hatred, violence, or discrimination, including on the grounds of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, aren’t allowed.”

Among those banned items, are “[i]tems with racist, anti-Semitic, or otherwise demeaning portrayals, for example through caricatures or other exaggerated features, including figurines, cartoons, housewares, historical advertisements, and golliwogs.”

On Thursday afternoon, the company confirmed to the Wall Street Journal that they were taking action to remove the offending Dr. Seuss titles.

“Online marketplace eBay Inc. said it is working to prevent the resale of six Dr. Seuss books that were pulled earlier this week by the company in charge of the late author’s works because they contain offensive imagery,” the WSJ noted.

“eBay is currently sweeping our marketplace to remove these items,” a spokeswoman for the company reportedly told the outlet in an email.

“Hundreds of listings for the six books could be found on the platform as of Thursday morning, though the number appeared to be lower than it was on Wednesday evening,” the WSJ noted. “The eBay spokeswoman said it would take some time to review seller listings and that the company was monitoring newly published listings.”

As the Daily Wire pointed out earlier Thursday, the site still has copies of Adolf Hitler’s manifesto, “Mein Kampf” for sale, though the book clearly runs afoul of the site’s offensive materials policy. There is also a listing for a copy of Disney’s “Song of the South,” an early animated feature that the company has largely pulled from publication over concerns similar to those of Dr. Seuss Enterprises.
    What individual libraries and people do is their business. Agree EBay's behaviour is a bit weird but it's a private company and I guess they can do it they want. (The books are not banned, so I have no idea why they are regulating their sale) I don't see this as a government conspiracy ...

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I don't see this as a government conspiracy ...
    that's because you dont see anything at all as a conspiracy, people dont just get together and scheme, what kind of a world would that be!