Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meghan Markle remembers feeling she ‘didn’t want to be alive anymore' in Oprah Winfrey interview

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Whine Meghan Markle remembers feeling she ‘didn’t want to be alive anymore' in Oprah Winfrey interview

By Nate Day | Fox News

Meghan Markle has spoken out regarding her and Prince Harry's exit from the royal family, the move's fallout and more.

The Duchess of Sussex recently sat down with Oprah Winfrey for "Oprah with Meghan and Harry a CBS primetime special" and spoke about her beginnings as a royal.

"I went to it naively because I didn't grow up watching the royal family," Markle, 39, said.

She also reflected on meeting Queen Elizabeth II for the first time.

Markle recalled having an opportunity to meet the Queen by chance thanks to a gap in scheduling.

"There wasn't actually a huge formality the first time I met Her Majesty," she recalled, noting that she was surprised to learn from Harry that certain traditions like curtseying were also performed in private.

Additionally, Markle addressed a rumor that she had made her sister-in-law, Kate Middleton, cry at her and Harry's wedding over her demands.

The Duchess revealed during the special that it was actually Middleton, 39, who actually made her cry.

"I don't think it's fair to her to get into the details because she apologized," Markle explained.

She added that it was "hard" to get over the incident because "everyone knew in the institution it wasn't true."

"Why didn't they say anything?" Oprah asked the former "Suits" star. "That's a good question," Markle responded.

During the discussion, Markle also discussed her inability to speak out about difficulties arising in her life, which she found ironic since she's been such an advocate for women speaking out.

When asked whether she "was silent or silenced," Markle responded: "The latter."

She continued, pointing out that there is a difference between the royal family and the people who run the royal institution behind-the-scenes.

"The Queen has always been wonderful to me," the former actress said, recalling the monarch gifting her a pair of pearl earrings and a matching necklace.

"She was always warm, inviting and really welcoming," Markle clarified.

Meanwhile, just hours before Prince Harry and Markle's sit-down with Winfrey was set to air, Queen Elizabeth II stressed the importance of unity and family in a royal address that aired.

Prince Harry and Markle departed royal life a year ago over. The sit-down with Winfrey is a chance for the couple to explain what led them to quit royal life, citing what they said were the unbearable intrusions and racist attitudes of the British media.

It's unclear what public reaction, if any, the queen and other royal family members will have to the interview. The U.K.’s Sunday Times newspaper, citing an anonymous source, reported that the queen wouldn't watch it.

Also in the interview, Markle revealed that the Crown hoped that she and Harry's son Archie would not become a prince -- or princess, as they were not aware of the baby's sex at the time -- and that they were told the baby would not receive security.

The star remembered feeling worried about her child's safety due to her treatment by the tabloids.

Additionally, the Duchess claimed that there were "concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born."

Markle is the first person of mixed race, being half-Black, to marry into the royal family.

"In the months when I was pregnant, all around the same time, so we have in tandem the conversation of he won't be given security, he's not going to be given a title, and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born."

Markle said that she was not privy to such conversations, but that Harry was. She would not reveal who had the conversation with Harry, however, as she felt it would be too "damaging" to do so.

Yet another bombshell came in the form of Markle revealing that she "didn't want to be alive anymore" during her earlier days as a royal.

"Look, I was really ashamed to have to say it at the time and ashamed to have to admit it to Harry especially, but I knew that if I didn’t say that I would do it," she said. "I just didn’t want to be alive anymore."

Furthermore, Markle said that she tried to seek help, but was allegedly told by a "senior" member of the institution that her receiving mental health care would reflect poorly on the family.

Ultimately, she turned to a close friend of the late Princess Diana's though she continued to have troubling thoughts.

Markle and Winfrey were then joined by Harry, and the married duo announced that they're expecting a baby girl. She is due in summertime.

Harry admitted that he also "went to a very dark place" when Markle was feeling suicidal and was hesitant to speak up to his family about the issue.

He added that he's "acutely aware" of the fact that his family is "scared" of the British tabloids turning on them and pointed out that some tabloids are chummy with the Crown.

The Prince said that he saw similarities between the way his late mother, Diana, was treated and the treatment Markle is receiving, leading to him eventually stepping down from his royal duties after continuously asking for help.

Additionally, his announcement of saying goodbye to his duties did not come as a surprise, he said.

"I never blindsided my grandmother," Harry said. "I have too much respect for her."

Harry also discussed his father Prince Charles and brother Prince William

"My father and my brother, they are trapped [in the royal family]. They don't get to leave," Harry said. "And I have compassion for that."

Nowadays, he's laying low when it comes to his relationship with William.

"The relationship is space at the moment and time heals all things, hopefully," he said.

As far as his relationship with Charles, Harry noted that there's "a lot to work through."

"I feel really let down because he’s been through something similar, he knows what pain feels like ... Archie is his grandson," the Prince said. "I will always love him. There’s a lot of hurt that’s happened. I will continue to make it one of my priorities to heal that relationship."

Markle added that she feels regret for believing in the Firm when they said they'd protect her.

Fox News has reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment.

Basement Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,337 Times in 9,470 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    I have always thought that Meghan would miss her Hollywood lifestyle and want it in preference to a Royal life of service and duty.

From the day he started with her, it has had a detrimental effect on Harry's life.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    A couple of millionaires complaining to a billionaire about how hard life is during a pandemic where millions are unemployed or underemployed? Okay then.

I'm not about to defend the Royals, they occupy 0% of my interest as well, but these two in particular.... just go away if you expect me to believe you hate the fame and Royal treatment

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-09-2021), FBD (03-09-2021), KevinD (03-11-2021), lost in melb. (03-11-2021), Pony (03-09-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (03-09-2021), The Monk (03-10-2021)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

‘I Wouldn’t Believe It If She Read Me The Weather Report’: Piers Morgan Furiously Rips Meghan Markle After Oprah Interview

By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

After the interview Oprah Winfrey conducted with Great Britain’s Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle in which they hurled numerous charges, including that the royal family had expressed concerns about the color of their baby’s skin, Piers Morgan furiously slammed the couple, saying of Markle, “I don’t believe a word she says, Meghan Markle. I wouldn’t believe it if she read me the weather report.”

In a column for The Daily Mail, Morgan wrote:

Sickening. Shameful. Self-pitying. Salacious. Scandalous. Sanctimonious. Spectacularly self-serving.

Those were just my initial thoughts after ten minutes of the Oprah whine-athon with Meghan and Harry, and while restricting myself to only using words beginning with the letter “s.” By the time I’d finished the whole two-hour orgy of pious, self-indulgent, score-settling twaddle, the steam was erupting out of my ears like an exploding geyser, and my lexicon of rageful epithets extended to the full range of the alphabet. Never have I watched a more repulsively disingenuous interview. Nor one more horrendously hypocritical or contradictory.

Here we had the Duke and Duchess of Privacy flinging out the filthy family laundry for the delectation of tens of millions of people all over the world, whilst simultaneously bleating about press intrusion. … In the middle of a pandemic that has already taken over 2.5 million lives, a staggeringly rich and entitled couple living in a $14 million sun-kissed California mansion wanted us all to know that THEY are the real victims around here.

Meghan even compared her former life living in a palace to the crippling freedom-robbing existence of coronavirus lockdowns, which must have sounded so empathetic to large families living at the top of tower blocks with three kids they’re trying to home-school and no job to pay for food.

“I couldn’t even meet my friends for lunch!” wailed the Duchess of Delusion, who flew to New York for a $500,000 baby shower with all her new-found celebrity pals, then flew back to London like any good eco-warrior on George Clooney’s carbon footprint guzzling private jet. …

But make no mistake, this interview will be a triumph for Meghan in America. Her narrative of a poor, vulnerable, unsuspecting bi-racial woman thrown to the wolves by a white, racist Royal Family and racist British press is already being heralded as ‘courageous’ and ‘brave’ and ‘iconic’ across the United States.

She’s got exactly what she wants: her homeland feeling sorry for her.

Appearing on Good Morning Britain, Morgan fired, “I’m angry to the point of boiling over. I’m sickened by what I’ve just had to watch. … This is a two hour trashathon of our Royal Family, of the monarchy, of everything the queen has worked so hard for, and it’s all being done as Prince Philip lies in hospital. They trash everybody; they basically make out the entire Royal Family as a bunch of white supremacists by dropping this race bombshell; they didn’t name which one it was; they just throw it out there, it could be any member of the Royal Family, and Harry says, ‘I’ll never say who it was.’ You better say it fast.”

“They trash Kate; she’s taken down; she apparently made poor Meghan cry; she trashes her; she trashes Prince Charles; they trash William; they trash the monarchy,” he continued.

“I could see the way it is already playing in America and around the world. This is a caricature, a portrait of our monarchy and Royal Family which I think is contemptible. … Okay. Let’s have the names. Who did she go to? What did they say to you? I’m sorry; I don’t believe a word she says, Meghan Markle. I wouldn’t believe it if she read me the weather report.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-10-2021)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    everything the queen has worked so hard for

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    My guess is she is not the only one that wants to end her life...

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (03-10-2021), FBD (03-10-2021), The Monk (03-11-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Piers Morgan stands by Meghan comments, maintains right to 'free speech' after leaving Good Morning Britain

"Leaving" aka. he was fired

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/13236676

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Fodster (03-11-2021), The Monk (03-11-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Morgan is now reportedly under investigation by United Kingdom’s “Ofcom,” or Office of Communications, for violation of its "harm and offense rules"...

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

FBD (03-11-2021), lost in melb. (03-12-2021)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts