Thread: Biden announces slate of gun control actions, claims 'public health crisis'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    #DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Nazi Biden announces slate of gun control actions, claims 'public health crisis'

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

President Biden on Thursday announced a set of executive actions and legislative proposals on gun control, saying that gun violence is "a public health crisis" and the administration's actions do not violate Second Amendment rights.

The administration aims to "confront not just the gun crisis but what is actually a public health crisis," Biden said in his remarks in the Rose Garden. He was joined by Vice President Kamala Harris.

"Nothing I'm about to recommend in any impinges on the Second Amendment," Biden said. "These are phony arguments suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights at stake from what we're talking about."

Continuing, Biden said: "But no amendment to the Constitution is absolute ... From the very beginning, you couldn't own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning, the Second Amendment existed certain people weren't allowed to have weapons. So the idea is just bizarre to suggest that some of the things we're recommending are contrary to the Constitution."

In attendance were several high-profile gun control activists, including Brady United President Kris Brown, former Rep. Gabby Giffords, D-Arz., and Fred Guttenberg.

An administration official detailed the actions to reporters on Wednesday. Among them, Biden is asking the Justice Department (DOJ), within a month, propose a rule to stop "ghost guns," which are "kits" people can buy legally then fully assemble to create a functioning firearm that does not have a serial number.

Biden is also asking the DOJ within 60 days to propose a rule on braces used for handguns, which make them more accurate; proposing action on "community violence intervention"; asking the DOJ to publish suggestions for "red flag" legislation; and having his administration issue a report on gun trafficking.

Biden also formally announced David Chipman as the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

A senior administration official Wednesday said that Chipman will respect the Second Amendment while he enforces gun laws.

"I've seen with my own two lives what a bullet can do to the human body ... and I've fought my entire career to fight this violence and to pass reasonable gun safety" measures," Harris said as she introduced Biden.

"What are we waiting for? Cause we aren't waiting or a tragedy... We've had more tragedy than we can bear," she said. "The solutions exist... people on both sides of the aisle want action, real people ... so all that is left is the will and the courage to act."

The Biden administration is also expected to throw its weight behind gun control proposals in Congress.

"Enough prayers, time for some action," Biden said of Congress. "I believe the Senate should immediately pass three House-passed bills to close loopholes that allow gun purchases, purchasers, to bypass the background checks."

He also pushed for two gun control laws that would go even further than that.

"We should also ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country," Biden said. He said "there's no reason" a person would need a weapon that can hold "one hundred rounds."

"We should also eliminate gun manufacturers from the immunity they receive from the Congress," Biden said, referring to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, a law that prevents gunmaker from being sued for crimes committed with guns they sell legally.

"This is the only outfit that is exempt from being sued," he continued. "If I get one thing on my list... give me that one because I tell you what there would be a come to the Lord moment these folks would have real quickly."

Brady United, one of the highest-profile gun control groups in the U.S., billed Biden and Harris as "the strongest gun safety ticket in history" at an event last fall.

"President Biden’s actions are historic and they will have an immediate impact. These are tangible and powerful policies that will save lives," Brady United President Kris Brown said of the president's executive actions in a statement Wednesday.

Republicans, meanwhile, have expressed their suspicion of Biden's agenda, which goes much further than the actions he is announcing Thursday. The president has said he supports an assaualt weapons ban, voluntary buybacks of assault weapons, wants to repeal a law that prevents gun manufacturers from being sued for crimes people commit with guns, and much more.

"By appointing the anti-gun Merrick Garland as attorney general and nominating David Chipman — formerly a senior staffer at the leading gun control lobby — to head ATF, Biden has made clear his sights are set on restricting the rights of law-abiding gun owners while ignoring criminals and foregoing substantive measures that will actually keep Americans safe," the National Rifle Association (NRA) said in a statement.

"Further, the proposals Biden announced tonight could require law-abiding citizens to surrender lawful property and enable states to expand gun confiscation orders. The NRA will fight this nomination and ill-conceived executive actions," the NRA also said.

Added House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy: "President Biden plans to announce his attempts to trample over our constitutional 2A rights by executive fiat. He is soft on crime, but infringes on the rights of law-abiding citizens. I won’t stand for it. And neither will House Republicans. Follow the Constitution!"

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    "Nothing I'm about to recommend in any impinges on the Second Amendment," Biden said. "These are phony arguments suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights at stake from what we're talking about."
    Ummmm... yeah it does. In fact, everything we have in place now violates citizens' rights under the Second Amendment. None of the arguments are phony. The first 10 Amendments to the US Constitution were originally considered natural and absolute rights given to us by our creator, whatever you wish that creator to be, and that government in no way shape or form, could grant or take away or even limit these rights. No one likes to talk about this, but the Second Amendment wasn't about hunting or sport shooting, it was originally about insurrection... defending freedom and overthrowing the government when they became too brazen and taking away the citizens' rights, starting to treat citizens like subjects. It was also about being able to defend our nation against foreign invasion, because defending freedom and liberty is every citizen's job, and not for just a select few.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 04-09-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-09-2021), KevinD (04-09-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (04-09-2021)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Biden on the Second Amendment: 'No amendment is absolute'

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

President Biden on Thursday, in rolling out a set of executive orders on gun control, said "no amendment is absolute," while maintaining that "nothing" he is recommending "impinges" on the Second Amendment.

"Today we're taking steps to confront not just the gun crisis, but what is actually a public health crisis," Biden said from the White House Thursday.

"Nothing, nothing I am about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment," the president said, calling arguments suggesting that those constitutional rights are at stake "phony."

"No amendment, no amendment to the Constitution is absolute," he said. "You can’t yell 'fire' in a crowded movie theater — recall a freedom of speech. From the very beginning, you couldn’t own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning that the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren’t allowed to have weapons."

He added: "So the idea is just bizarre, to suggest that some of the things we’re recommending are contrary to the Constitution."

The president went on to call gun violence in the United States "an epidemic."

"Let me say it again, gun violence in this country is an epidemic," Biden said. "And it’s an international embarrassment."

Biden announced a set of executive actions and legislative proposals on gun control Thursday.

Biden is asking that the Justice Department, within a month, propose a rule to stop "ghost guns," which are "kits" people can buy legally then fully assemble to create a functioning firearm that does not have a serial number.

Biden is also asking the DOJ within 60 days to propose a rule on braces used for handguns, which make them more accurate; proposing action on "community violence intervention"; asking the DOJ to publish suggestions for "red flag" legislation; and having his administration issue a report on gun trafficking.

Biden also formally announced David Chipman as the director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

A senior administration official Wednesday said that Chipman will respect the Second Amendment while he enforces gun laws.

"I've seen with my own two lives what a bullet can do to the human body ... and I've fought my entire career to fight this violence and to pass reasonable gun safety" measures," Vice President Harris said as she introduced Biden.

"What are we waiting for? Cause we aren't waiting or a tragedy... We've had more tragedy than we can bear," she said. "The solutions exist... people on both sides of the aisle want action, real people ... so all that is left is the will and the courage to act."

The Biden administration is also expected to throw its weight behind gun control proposals in Congress.

Republicans, meanwhile, have expressed their suspicion of Biden's agenda, which goes much further than the actions he is announcing Thursday. The president has said he supports an assault weapons ban, voluntary buybacks of assault weapons, wants to repeal a law that prevents gun manufacturers from being sued for crimes people commit with guns, and much more.

"By appointing the anti-gun Merrick Garland as attorney general and nominating David Chipman — formerly a senior staffer at the leading gun control lobby — to head ATF, Biden has made clear his sights are set on restricting the rights of law-abiding gun owners while ignoring criminals and foregoing substantive measures that will actually keep Americans safe," the National Rifle Association (NRA) said in a statement.

"Further, the proposals Biden announced tonight could require law-abiding citizens to surrender lawful property and enable states to expand gun confiscation orders. The NRA will fight this nomination and ill-conceived executive actions," the NRA also said.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    By Brooke Singman | Fox News

President Biden on Thursday, in rolling out a set of executive orders on gun control, said "no amendment is absolute," while maintaining that "nothing" he is recommending "impinges" on the Second Amendment.

"Today we're taking steps to confront not just the gun crisis, but what is actually a public health crisis," Biden said from the White House Thursday.

"Nothing, nothing I am about to recommend in any way impinges on the Second Amendment," the president said, calling arguments suggesting that those constitutional rights are at stake "phony."

"No amendment, no amendment to the Constitution is absolute," he said. "You can’t yell 'fire' in a crowded movie theater — recall a freedom of speech. From the very beginning, you couldn’t own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning that the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren’t allowed to have weapons."

He added: "So the idea is just bizarre, to suggest that some of the things we’re recommending are contrary to the Constitution."

The president went on to call gun violence in the United States "an epidemic."

"Let me say it again, gun violence in this country is an epidemic," Biden said. "And it’s an international embarrassment."

Biden announced a set of executive actions and legislative proposals on gun control Thursday.

Biden is asking that the Justice Department, within a month, propose a rule to stop "ghost guns," which are "kits" people can buy legally then fully assemble to create a functioning firearm that does not have a serial number.

"I've seen with my own two lives what a bullet can do to the human body ... and I've fought my entire career to fight this violence and to pass reasonable gun safety" measures," Vice President Harris said as she introduced Biden.

Republicans, meanwhile, have expressed their suspicion of Biden's agenda, which goes much further than the actions he is announcing Thursday. The president has said he supports an assault weapons ban, voluntary buybacks of assault weapons, wants to repeal a law that prevents gun manufacturers from being sued for crimes people commit with guns, and much more.

Black people should think about this. Biden's saying no amendment is absolute. He's saying that not even the 13th amendment is absolute. So essentially, he's saying that slavery can be reinstituted in the United States of America, despite the 13th amendment stating that it's forbidden.

There were several amendments that brought states into the union (don't ask me why, according to the constitution, an amendment isn't needed, there's a constitutional process that takes care of that). So if those amendments aren't absolute, then those few states can stop being states?

He's saying that your first amendment protected right to free speech, freedom of religion, freedom to assemble, and freedom to petition your government are not absolute. He's saying that soldiers can take up residence in your home without your permission in times of peace. He's saying that due process is not absolute and that you can be searched and your possessions and property can be seized without a warrant. He's saying that you can be lynched for any reason, that you can be tried for the same crime as many times as the system wants to since double jeopardy isn't absolute.

Biden is projecting tyranny here and people are too stupid to get it.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-09-2021), KevinD (04-09-2021), PorkChopSandwiches (04-12-2021)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    goddam globohomos, the bill of rights is

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Last edited by FBD; 04-09-2021 at 01:21 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

KevinD (04-09-2021), PorkChopSandwiches (04-12-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,886 Posts
    Mfer, what part of "shall not be infringed" do you understand.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-10-2021), PorkChopSandwiches (04-12-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Mfer, what part of "shall not be infringed" do you understand.
    I don't think he understands much of anything these days. Reading a script and comprehending it are not the same.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-10-2021), KevinD (04-10-2021), PorkChopSandwiches (04-12-2021)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    I don't think he understands much of anything these days. Reading a script and comprehending it are not the same.
    And he still struggles with that

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    You know nothing will happen