Thread: At least 8 dead, multiple injured after gunman opens fire at Indianapolis FedEx facility

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

News At least 8 dead, multiple injured after gunman opens fire at Indianapolis FedEx facility

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Indianapolis police said at least 8 people were shot and killed at a FedEx facility near the airport Thursday night and 'multiple' others have injuries.

The alleged shooter also died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department spokesperson Genae Cook said during an early morning news conference.

At least four people were hospitalized, including one person with critical injuries. Two others were treated at the scene and released. No law enforcement officers were injured.

"We have multiple people with injuries consistent with gunshot wounds," police said during a preliminary news conference after 1 a.m. ET.

Officers responded to a report of shots fired around 11 p.m. ET and found an active shooter at the scene.

Police said they believe there is no active threat to the community anymore.

U.S. Rep André Carson, D-Ind., who represents the district, tweeted his concern early Friday.

"I am heartbroken by the mass shooting at the FedEx facility here in Indianapolis and praying for all affected by this tragedy," he wrote. "I am communicating with local authorities to get all details of the attack and my office stands ready to help everyone affected any way we can."

Interstate 70 has reopened after being closed in both directions near the scene, Indiana State Police public information officer John Perrine reported on Twitter just before 1 a.m. ET.

Parminder Singh told Fox 59 reporter Courtney Crown that his niece called to tell him she had been shot in the shoulder by the suspect while she was in her SUV at a nearby gas station but she’s expected to be OK.

Ian Johnston said his wife works at the FedEx facility and texted him to tell him there was an active shooter at her work. "She’s since notified me that she’s OK," he said. "She said she’ll be stuck in there for a while."

"You never think it might happen, but of course it can," he told FOX 59, adding that he’s "pleased as punch" to know his wife is OK.

Jeremiah Miller told WISH-TV he was between shifts at FedEx when he heard several shots.

"This made me stand up and actually look out the entrance door, and I saw a man with a submachine gun of some sort, an automatic rifle, and he was firing in the open," he said. "I immediately ducked down and got scared and my friend’s mother, she came in and told us to get inside the car."

The scene was declared a "mass casualty, Level 1," according to WISH.

The FBI field office has said it's ready to assist if needed, according to freelance reporter Ethan Biando.

Police have advised anyone concerned about the safety of someone inside the facility to go to the Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, WISH reported.

FedEx in a statement said, "Safety is our top priority, and our thoughts are with all those who are affected. We are working to gather more information and are cooperating with investigating authorities," according to WTTV-TV.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Odd that these shootings are now popping up about once a week now that Biden is President.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-18-2021), FBD (04-16-2021), KevinD (04-17-2021), PorkChopSandwiches (04-19-2021)

Riding this motherfucking beat like a tractor
    vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,192 Posts
    havent they always been weekly occuences?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Odd that these shootings are now popping up about once a week now that Biden is President.
    True. 8 this year, 6 in whole of 2020

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

KevinD (04-19-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Janus View Post
    havent they always been weekly occuences?
    No. Not really.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (04-20-2021), KevinD (04-19-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    True. 8 this year, 6 in whole of 2020
    Was in a FB discussion earlier, the topic centered around a media report that claimed there has been "45 mass shootings in the USA in the past month". The OP was trying to keep the convo centered around the fact that the media purposely tries to make everyone think that all those "mass shootings" are one gunman mowing down innocent people and does nothing to clarify their definition of "mass shooting".

The example he used:
    In particular I was surprised there was a mass shooting in Cleveland since I think I would have heard of it. I found that in late March there was a gun fight between multiple people in an after hours club. The man fired a single gunshot and multiple others inside the club pulled out guns and started firing, according to police.
    So, that is just a bunch of people with guns having a shoot out. That’s not a mass shooting.
    Boy that sure started a shitstorm of people trying to defend the "statistic".

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (04-18-2021), The Monk (04-20-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Was in a FB discussion earlier, the topic centered around a media report that claimed there has been "45 mass shootings in the USA in the past month". The OP was trying to keep the convo centered around the fact that the media purposely tries to make everyone think that all those "mass shootings" are one gunman mowing down innocent people and does nothing to clarify their definition of "mass shooting".

The example he used:

Boy that sure started a shitstorm of people trying to defend the "statistic".
    I agree they are ramping up the drama. True mass shootings are of true innocents like a terrorist attack, and are of course, horrible. But actually not that common (in a country of 330 million with heavy gun ownership).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

KevinD (04-19-2021), Pony (04-18-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Are you serious? It sounds as though your are blaming Biden for what has been happening in America for decades? :

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Some interesting things on guns.....

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    Are you serious? It sounds as though your are blaming Biden for what has been happening in America for decades? :
    Its too bad you're so TV brainwashed, otherwise you might see some FRICKIN OBVIOUS THINGS

and your reading comprehension is terrible, Bidan is not even real, he is as real as when someone in the matrix morphs into Agent Smith