Thread: John Leguizamo Whines: ‘Latinx’ Artists ‘Excluded Again’ from Oscars, Term ‘POC’ Weaponized to ‘Erase Us’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

SJW John Leguizamo Whines: ‘Latinx’ Artists ‘Excluded Again’ from Oscars, Term ‘POC’ Weaponized to ‘Erase Us’

By WARNER TODD HUSTON - Breitbart

Actor John Leguizamo found himself unhappy with the results of the 2021 Oscars ceremony, lamenting on social media that Latino artists were “excluded again.”

On Sunday evening, Leguizamo retweeted a graphic created by Univision’s Jorge Ramos in which the Hollywood awards show was taken to task for having so few Latino nominees.

That was not the only tweet the Ice Age actor posted complaining about the Oscars and alleging bias against Hispanic artists.

In one tweet, he suggested the term POC (“people of color”) is a “weapon” to “erase” the visibility of “Latinx” people.

“And the term POC even though it is so inclusive it has become a weapon to exclude us and erase us better and more effectively! And if you don’t know I’m talking about Latinx!” he wrote.

Leguizamo also posted a tweet claiming that Latinos are embattled in American society.

“Latino people face a double challenge,” the actor said in the tweet, “to create our own positive self-image while battling against the way the broader society portrays us.” He added, “We are changing this.”

In still another tweet, Leguizamo railed at the Oscars and mourned the absence of Latinos.

“I am so happy for my black fam, and Asian bros and sistas and women, but i cant help mourn our absence. We’ve been here for 500 yrs and before, we are the largest ethnic group 68M. can u imagine the amount of unanswered dreams and wasted talent? I can!” he wrote.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (04-27-2021), Godfather (05-05-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (04-27-2021)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    hasnt he figured out yet that latinos are white whenever the state needs them to be

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FBD For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (04-27-2021)