Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Train Company Apologizes To ‘Non-Binary’ Passenger For Saying ‘Ladies And Gentlemen, Boys And Girls’

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

SJW Train Company Apologizes To ‘Non-Binary’ Passenger For Saying ‘Ladies And Gentlemen, Boys And Girls’

By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

A British train company that was founded in 2003 and takes passengers from London King’s Cross to Yorkshire, North East England, and Scotland, apologized to a “non-binary” passenger after a conductor used the phrase, “Good afternoon, ladies and gentleman, boys and girls.”

The “non-binary” passenger, who reportedly serves as the Rail, Maritime and Transport Union’s LGBT rep, tweeted to the London North Eastern Railway (LNER), “‘Good afternoon ladies and gentleman, boys and girls …’ so as a non binary person this announcement doesn’t actually apply to me so I won’t listen @LNER.”

The train company replied, “I’m really sorry to see this, Laurence, our Train Managers should not be using language like this, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. Please could you let me know which service you are on and I will ensure they will remain as inclusive as we strive to be at LNER.”

An alleged compatriot of the passenger wrote, “Both Laurence and I were customers of the railway — being rail staff does not absolve an operator from the duty of care or responsibility to be inclusive. I was sat with Laurence when this tweet was sent. Both of us are non-binary and we were both alarmed and uncomfortable by the lack of inclusion.”

Mark Jenkinson, the Conservative MP for Workington, blasted the train company, saying, “You’d be forgiven for thinking this Train Manager had unleashed a tirade of abuse. ‘Should not be using language like this.’ He’d actually said ‘Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.’ Identify however you like, but can we stop this nonsense?”

A talk radio host snapped, “Stop pandering to this nonsense. Your announcer said nothing wrong. Laurence’s complaint is ridiculous. No one was excluded or discriminated against. Just do your job of running trains on time and leave the woke politics to someone else with nothing better to do.”

The chief executive of Conservative Home echoed the criticism of the passenger, writing, “Hi — regular passenger here. I really like it when your staff are human and light hearted like this, and would very much prefer it if you didn’t forbid them from doing so or require them to talk like scripted robots. Thanks!”

According to MyLondon, one person responded to the original complaint by writing, “I’ve never received such a grovelling apology, despite as a disabled passenger, repeatedly being treated appallingly by rail services & neither has my daughter, who as a young woman, was left stranded alone in London last year, after her last train was cancelled. Why is that?”

LNER issued a statement saying, “We are committed to diversity and inclusion in all that we do for our customers, colleagues and communities, and encourage our onboard teams to welcome all customers onboard. Our policies and procedures are reviewed regularly and we will review if any further changes need to be made.”

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    >muh inclusive language
    I'd simply prefer if we beat these people with rubber hoses, everybody doesnt have to be included in everything and there's doesnt have to be a word for every last perversion/defect in these people's brains....and for DAMNED sure, the public shouldnt be forced to memorize them

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    The “non-binary” passenger, who reportedly serves as the Rail, Maritime and Transport Union’s LGBT rep, tweeted to the London North Eastern Railway (LNER), “‘Good afternoon ladies and gentleman, boys and girls …’ so as a non binary person this announcement doesn’t actually apply to me so I won’t listen @LNER.”
    What does the person complaining want to be referred to as??

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Friend of mine got in shit at work for referring to a group of people as 'you guys' recently.

As much as I think that's the dumbest thing on earth, I'm finding myself trying to knock it out of my vocab at work... I want to climb the ladder and don't need to be called out for something petty like this staining my career, because if someone calls me out I won't react well

What a fucking world

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Pony (05-15-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (05-17-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Friend of mine got in shit at work for referring to a group of people as 'you guys' recently.

As much as I think that's the dumbest thing on earth, I'm finding myself trying to knock it out of my vocab at work... I want to climb the ladder and don't need to be called out for something petty like this staining my career, because if someone calls me out I won't react well

What a fucking world

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    To be fair he manages very transient, odd people who do community outreach work so these are the fringes of society, but still... I'm starting to learn that my original belief that this line of thinking would be quarantined to universities and communes was incorrect. It is indeed leaching into professional settings with the next generation entering the workforce, and they're not afraid to call people out. And people thought us Millennials were annoying Just you wait.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

FBD (05-15-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's a little frightening. I wonder how far the whole circus will go?

I also wonder when the older generations, including millennials are trained not to put a word out of place, what will the down -trodden complain about then?

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    It's a little frightening. I wonder how far the whole circus will go?

I also wonder when the older generations, including millennials are trained not to put a word out of place, what will the down -trodden complain about then?
    Totally eh.

I'm selfishly a little paranoid that they'll complain about our place or hierarchy in the workplace next. I'm up for a big award at work and my first thought was 'oh man, I'm not diverse, how does this look...'.

I really hate that line of thinking in myself though... it's hypocritical if I'm saying 'everyone wants to be a victim' but then feel sorry for myself even for a second that I'm somehow threatened, being a white man in finance I'm not hard done by, by any means.

But still... even working for a smaller financial institution, the outcry for more diversity is getting louder and louder. Sometimes rightfully so, but their tactics aren't always reasonable IMO.
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-15-2021 at 03:39 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I dont think banksters want the white race eliminated for no reason

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Totally eh.

I'm selfishly a little paranoid that they'll complain about our place or hierarchy in the workplace next. I'm up for a big award at work and my first thought was 'oh man, I'm not diverse, how does this look...'.

I really hate that line of thinking in myself though... it's hypocritical if I'm saying 'everyone wants to be a victim' but then feel sorry for myself even for a second that I'm somehow threatened, being a white man in finance I'm not hard done by, by any means.

But still... even working for a smaller financial institution, the outcry for more diversity is getting louder and louder. Sometimes rightfully so, but their tactics aren't always reasonable IMO.
    I actually think a tiny bit of introspection does no harm, but being ashamed of being white is a societal disease that needs to be excised, imo

You've made me want to look up the demographics of Canada
    Last edited by lost in melb.; 05-16-2021 at 03:38 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

FBD (05-17-2021), Godfather (05-18-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    You've made me want to look up the demographics of Canada
    They're majority maple syrup-slurping hockey fans.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Totally eh.

See? Their brainwashing is working on you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What does the person complaining want to be referred to as??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

FBD (05-17-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    They're majority maple syrup-slurping hockey fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post