#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Drama Lily James blasted for ‘vile’ Pam Anderson role: ‘Shame on you'

Gillian Wolski - Yahoo Lifestyle & Entertainment Producer

Lily James has been put on blast for her titular role in an upcoming miniseries about Baywatch star Pamela Anderson and Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee by none other than Pam's longtime pal, Courtney Love.

Courtney went on an expletive-laden rant on social media about the Hulu show, titled Pam and Tommy, branding it 'vile' and declaring 'shame on' Brit star Lily.

"I find this so f***ing outrageous," the Hole frontwoman wrote on Facebook on Sunday alongside a newspaper clipping of Downton Abbey star Lily in costume as Pam.

Courtney, who is the widow of Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain, shared her memories of former couple Pamela and Tommy's infamous sex tape which is a major plotline in the miniseries.

She recalled how the tape, which was stolen from the then-newlyweds and leaked online, was ogled by male music industry professionals while she was recording an album.

"They were watching the sex tape with huge schadenfreude... guffaws," she wrote. "It was disgusting. I banned anyone from discussing it."

The 56-year-old rocker added that the unauthorised distribution of the 54-minute home video "destroyed my friend Pamela's life."

Pam and Tommy would go on to sue distributor Internet Entertainment Group for releasing the sex tape without their consent, with the two parties reaching a confidential settlement.

Courtney and Pam pose together at a charity gala in 2017. Photo: Getty Images.

'Shame on Lily James'

Courtney went on to claim that she'd rejected a request for the "piece of s***" production to use a Rolling Stone cover featuring her own image.

"My heart goes out to Pammy," she continued. "Further causing her complex trauma."

She signed off with a jab at Pam & Tommy's female lead, Lily, but appears not to mention her co-star Sebastian Stan who plays Tommy.

"Shame on Lily James, whoever the f*** she is," she wrote.

The post has since been deleted, with Courtney subsequently announcing she was "going to absent my life from social media presently so that I can focus on my work".

A recent report from the Sun suggests that Pamela is equally unimpressed with the upcoming series, which also stars and was developed by Seth Rogen.

"Pamela has no intention of watching this Godawful show, absolutely not. Never," a 'friend' of the star told the tabloid.

"She's never heard of the actors playing her or Tommy, and doesn't care to know them. She and her family think the show is a cheap knockoff. The whole thing is a joke to them."

Unrecognisable

On-set snaps of Lily James' transformation into Pamela Anderson — complete with pencil-thin brows and bottle-blonde locks — turned heads on social media, with many fans declaring her unrecognisable.

In the latest pics shared by News.com, the 32-year-old was the spitting image of Pam in her iconic red Baywatch swimsuit while filming on the beach in Malibu.

Sebastian Stan is also spot-on as Tommy Lee, with his trademark black hair, goatee, piercings and tattoos.

The co-stars even recreated the memorable moment when Pam playfully bit Tommy's nipple ring at a Comedy Central Roast after-party in 2005.

Seth Rogen later shared a sneak peek of him in costume as Rand Gauthier, the man who unwittingly stole the couple's sex tape in the mid-'90s.

Seth will be joined by Orange Is The New Black's Taylor Schilling as adult film actress Erica Boyer (born Amanda Gantt) who was married to Rand briefly in the '80s.

The series also stars Nick Offerman, Andrew Dice Clay, Pepi Sonuga, Spencer Granese and Mozhan Marnò and there's no release date as yet.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    something in hollyweird is sacred
    ok there crack smoker