Thread: Radio Host Walks Off Own Show After Being Told To Back Off Criticizing ‘Non-Binary’ Demi Lovato: Report

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

SJW Radio Host Walks Off Own Show After Being Told To Back Off Criticizing ‘Non-Binary’ Demi Lovato: Report

By Jon Brown - The Daily Wire

A local Boston radio host walked off his own morning show Tuesday after management reportedly instructed him to ease up on his criticism of singer Demi Lovato’s non-binary identity.

Matt Siegel, host of “Matty in the Morning” on Boston’s Kiss 108, told his audience, “I am the biggest of all time, and they said, ‘Shut up, Matt! Stop talking.’ Well, I hope you’re happy, because I just stopped talking. Matty out,” according to CBS Boston.

Despite speculation that he had quit his long-running radio show, Siegel told Boston.com he believed “cooler heads will prevail.”

“I’m against her binary thing; I think she’s a troubled woman, and a lot of young people are taking her seriously, and it bothers me,” Siegel said. “But of course, it’s a comedy show, so I did it in the context of jokes.”

“We were having fun with it, and my boss called up and said that I’d crossed the line and they didn’t want me talking about it anymore,” he went on. “I responded by saying, ‘If I can’t talk about what I’m thinking at this point in my career, I don’t want to be on the radio anymore.’”

“There’s no ill feeling between me and my boss or me and my company, none,” Siegel said. “They’re doing their jobs. I get it. They got a lot of heat this morning, people complaining about things I said on the air. He doesn’t want me to be fired. His heart was in the right place.”

Siegel also explained that he faced pressure from higher-ups before over his commentary on former President Donald Trump.

“I did a whole thing talking about Trump, and then I got heat on that — ‘Half our listeners are Republicans, what are you doing, you’re gonna lose all our male listeners’ — so I stopped,” he said. “So I stopped talking about Trump, and today I’m ‘anti-woke.’ You know the expression, ‘The guy standing in the middle of the road gets hit by cars going both ways?’ That’s what happened to me.”

Lovato announced earlier this week she’s officially changing her pronouns to “they/them” and identifying as “nonbinary.”

“Today is a day I’m so happy to share more of my life with you all- I am proud to let you know that I identify as non-binary & will officially be changing my pronouns to they/them moving forward,” Lovato wrote on Twitter.

“This has come after a lot of healing & self-reflective work. I’m still learning & coming into myself, & I don’t claim to be an expert or a spokesperson. Sharing this with you now opens another level of vulnerability for me,” Lovato continued. “I’m doing this for those out there that haven’t been able to share who they truly are with their loved ones. Please keep living in your truths & know I am sending so much love your way xox.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-22-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

RBP (05-22-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Le Sigh. The death of comedy is a huge impact of all this bullshit.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-25-2021), PorkChopSandwiches (05-24-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (05-24-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    “Having hurt feelings or being offended is a choice. Allowing another person to hurt your feelings or allowing someone to offend you is nothing short of self-imposed mental cruelty.”