Why do people like Spotify so much? They are now swallowing up podcasts and signing exclusivity rights with them, so the only way to listen to those pods any more is to use Spotify. I really love my podcast app already (Podcast Addict) and I don't want to have another app on my phone that does the same thing. But, because of what Spotify is doing, I signed up for the 3 month free trial and loaded the app on my phone.

I subscribed (Spotify calls it 'following') to all the pods I have on my other app and already I hate it. it has basically ZERO features when it comes to what you can do. I can't sort the podcasts, I can't mark all episodes as played unless I do it individually for every single episode, which is more than 1,000 eps when you add them all together from all the pods I subscribe to. You can't set the playback speed for each individual podcast. It doesn't 'delete' the episode after ypou are done playing it. I could go on and on and on.

Not sure how on earth Spotify became so big, but it really sucks. I can't see myself subscribing to it since I already have different services for music and for apps already, and Spotify is awful compared to both of those. I was hopeful that maybe I could combine my music and pods into one app, and maybe I will find that some day, but Spotify ain't it. I will just not listen to the podcasts that want to sign with Spotify exclusively and restrict their audience.