#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

WTF Fans outraged by Howard Stern’s summer off after $500M Sirius XM deal

By Emily Smith - New York Post

Radio jock Howard Stern has finally managed to shock his fans — by taking the entire summer off after signing a new deal with Sirius XM said to be worth $500 million.

It appears the “King of All Media” needs to rest on his enormously wealthy laurels and allegedly negotiated a clause in his new Sirius XM contract to give him a break between the end of June and early September.

But Sirius XM subscribers are revolting, saying Stern — who usually spends time at his Hamptons spread during the summer — has to honor their monthly commitment, lest they cancel their subscriptions.

One fan fumed on Reddit, “Howard Stern taking the whole summer off is bulls–t.

“Howard Stern just announced per his new contract there will not be any new shows after this week until SEPTEMBER. At first he tried to claim they always do this during the summer then pivoted and said this summer off was part of the new deal he made.”

The furious fan added, “Couldn’t take two weeks off? No that would be too fair to his customers.

“I pay $20 a month for SiriusXM and I’m not paying $40 for re-runs. All Stern fans should do this … If I knew the new deal would be like this I would have rooted for Howard to retire.”

In December 2020, Stern signed a new deal with Sirius XM to extend his deal for his long-running show for another five years.

The terms of the deal have not been revealed but it is thought to be in excess of $100 million per year.

Which, therefore — allegedly — means he’s getting nearly $17 million for his two months of summer vacation. Stern, 67, is already said to be worth $650 million.

Stern and his model wife Beth have been very open about their life on the East End of Long Island, adopting many animals and regularly appearing in local glossy Hamptons Magazine.

A source who spends time with Stern in the Hamptons added, “He’s not the shock jock out here, he’s just Howard. He has substantially mellowed.

“He doesn’t want to party, he wants to stay home. He and Beth are more interested in rescue animals, art, photography, and living a happy healthy life.”

Reps for Sirius XM and Stern did not comment.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    Howard Stern should have retired in 1997

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    How does he even have a fan base anymore, let alone a 500 million dollar one

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-01-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (06-30-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    I've never understood why anyone listens to the arrogant jerk.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    His show was funny before he decided to get political, now he's unlistenable

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    he was funny when he was on regular plain ol broadcast, back in the old days. but as soon as they left broadcast, they steadily went to shit...I havent listened to his crap in 15 or 20 years. and given that he's effectively a hollyweird asswipe, I can just imagine.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    I think I'm a bit young for the Stern glory days, but I went down a rabbit hole of listening to old Stern interviews on youtube a while back and it was hilarious. Some of the shit he got his celeb guests talking about, as well as the weirdos he had on, were absolutely amazing. His interview styled seemed to get people talking and saying stuff they'd never say to any other interviewer.... but I tried to listen on satellite radio recently though and just couldn't get into it. I guess he has changed a lot?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    He got nice. I thought he was more entertaining when he was mean

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Godfather (07-09-2021)