Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eric Clapton Says He Reserves ‘The Right To Cancel’ Shows At Venues That Require Proof Of Vaccination

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Zounds Eric Clapton Says He Reserves ‘The Right To Cancel’ Shows At Venues That Require Proof Of Vaccination

By Megan Basham - The Daily Wire

Eric Clapton wants nothing to do with vaccine passports — and that includes at his own concerts.

Responding to an announcement from British Prime Minister Boris Johnson that anyone wanting to enter nightclubs or other crowded venues will have to show proof of COVID vaccination beginning in September, the legendary rock star issued a statement Wednesday.

“Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021, I feel honour bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present,” Clapton said, adding, “Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

Conservatives applauded Clapton’s stance, with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) tweeting, “Artists should defend individual Liberty. I very much support vaccines, but it should be your choice—not forced upon you.”

Blaze podcast host Steve Deace said, “Eric Clapton is basically Patrick Henry now.”

Finally, British journalist and filmmaker Sonia Poulton thanked Clapton and “all musicians who show true integrity by refusing to perform at venues using a totalitarian system of entry.” She added, “It’s impossible for me to respect those going along with this. Human & artistic sell outs controlled by the Govt.”

Of course, the man Rolling Stone dubbed the world’s second-best guitarist (after Jimi Hendrix) had his detractors as well.

Author and Time Magazine columnist Ian Bremmer lamented, “Wow. I love Clapton. Sorry to learn he’s such an a**hole.”

Liz Buckley, label manager for Ace Records, sneered, “Funnily enough, I will not attend shows where Eric Clapton is required.”

Meanwhile, the official account for the left-wing political blog, The Palmer Report, tweeted, “Used to be you’d hope you got to see aging rock stars in concert before they died. These days you hope you get to see them before they become Eric Clapton.”

This isn’t the first time the rock-and-roll-hall-of-famer has shown an independent streak when it comes to COVID policy.

In December, he and pal Van Morrison protested government lockdowns in the manner one would most expect from rock stars — with a song. Their single, “Stand and Deliver,” includes lyrics that explicitly warn against giving the government that much power:

Do you wanna be a free man
    Or do you wanna be a slave …
    Do you wanna wear these chains
    Until you’re lying in the grave?

Magna Carta, Bill of Rights
    The constitution, what’s it worth?
    You know they’re gonna grind us down, ah
    Until it really hurts

Is this a sovereign nation
    Or just a police state?
    You better look out, people
    Before it gets too late

“It is deeply upsetting to see how few gigs are going ahead because of the lockdown restrictions,” Clapton said at that time. “There are many of us who support Van [Morrison] and his endeavors to save live music; he is an inspiration… we must stand up and be counted because we need to find a way out of this mess. The alternative is not worth thinking about. Live music might never recover.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Clapton gets it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-22-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Clapton gets it.
    No yet, but hopefully he will

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (07-22-2021)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,826 Times in 3,935 Posts
    and if he does, he's rich enough to demand HCQ or Ivermectin, meaning he will make a swift recovery just like everyone else that's taken either of those to treat the wuhan aids flu

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Fuck him!

That's not going to do a lot for his fan base should he have a concert and the venue becomes a spreader....

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,887 Posts
    Interesting to see some of yalls reactions. I for one think its absolutely within his rights to make this stand. Will it be the hill he dies on? Who knows but

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinD For This Useful Post:

Griffin (07-22-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yeah the discrimination and segregation division is getting wider. Much like the censorship of conservatives is becoming greater.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

KevinD (07-22-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FBD View Post
    and if he does, he's rich enough to demand HCQ or Ivermectin, meaning he will make a swift recovery just like everyone else that's taken either of those to treat the wuhan aids flu
    So if you're not rich enough you just get to die? Fuckin' idiot

Yeah the discrimination and segregation division is getting wider. Much like the censorship of conservatives is becoming greater.
    I'll continue to discriminate against people i think are idiots

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Goofy For This Useful Post:

KevinD (07-22-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't discriminate against em, but sarcasm sure gets their panties in a bunch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    So if you're not rich enough you just get to die? Fuckin' idiot
    The data speaks for itself, bro - Ivermectin and HCQ have stood the test of time as proven, effective treatments against the flu. Reminder that without assholes like Fauci saying that time tested treatments are dangerous an ineffective, there never is any basis for the emergency approval of experimental gene modification injections.

Not everyone has the mental capacity to demand good healthcare, and in a lot of places where healthcare is shit and owned by globalists who want to treat but not cure you, you dont have a fkn choice because they've got shit and people to clean up off their books, you're in the way ya fkn plebe now die. Globalists want to kill off plebes, especially whites, and this is why many places the plebes dont have the option.

Sorry you dont understand the scope of the situation and are actively lashing out at people who are able to use their brains and assemble collections of information and come to safer, more correct conclusions that will have massive impact on their health and wellbeing in the future. Sorry your TV-tail is wagging you, teaching you to hate, and here you are carrying out the programming. Good boy, now go fetch yourself a treat.

its more like if you're rich enough then you can buy yourself better healthcare. does that sound crazy or something? if you're rich enough, you can tell an expert fetishist with a Dr after his name fuck off I'm going somewhere else? is there something wrong with that? coming at me with crazy talk, there's that limbic response again, mate. its a prompt for you to consider, or, not why ya get so steamed when I go against the TV? this is a point for a bunch of yas to consider.

from my perspective, this is like being on the other side of a huge thick glass wall and watching a 3 year old play with a fork in the socket and there aint shit you can do about it. there's no guarantee he makes a connection, but oh lordy if he does...
    Last edited by FBD; 07-23-2021 at 12:53 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't discriminate against em, but sarcasm sure gets their panties in a bunch.
    I try for a long time to be gentle in showing those who cant understand technical information some light, but I guess when you just cant understand the technical information in any way, shape, or form, you're not quite as likely to go with the conclusions based on that technical information. Logical fallacies and insults are plenty to make a potentially life altering choice with (but eventually gentleness gets snappy when there's just too much dumb to deal with)
    Last edited by FBD; 07-23-2021 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Goodbye. I'm not gonna sit by and watch you day after day sling insults. You were warned.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

Goofy (07-28-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Interesting to see some of yalls reactions. I for one think its absolutely within his rights to make this stand. Will it be the hill he dies on? Who knows but
    I'm not sure of that. Isn't he discriminating himself?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    I'm not sure of that. Isn't he discriminating himself?
    How so?