Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kamala Harris Is The Most Unpopular Vice President In 50 Years, Polls Show

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Obvious Kamala Harris Is The Most Unpopular Vice President In 50 Years, Polls Show

By Ashe Schow - The Daily Wire

Vice President Kamala Harris has only been in office for six months, but she is already the most unpopular vice president since at least the 1970s, according to recent polls.

The Los Angeles Times on Monday reported that as of July 27, “45% of registered voters had a favorable opinion of Harris and 48% had an unfavorable opinion — a net rating of -3 percentage points, according to a Times average.”

The most recent YouGov tracking poll shows that Harris’ unfavorability rating has hit 49%, while her favorability rating sits at just 45%.

Harris’ unpopularity is worse than former Vice President Mike Pence’s was six months into his tenure, according to The Telegraph. The outlet reported that around this same time in 2017, Pence’s unfavorability rating sat at 41.9%, while his favorability rating was 42.1%. Pence may have been helped by a massive media focus on then-President Donald Trump and false accusations that he was a Russian agent who colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election.

During the Biden administration, much more focus has been on Harris since she’s the first black female vice president. President Joe Biden, however, has put her in charge of some nearly impossible tasks, including handling the situation on the southern border. As the Times reported, Harris’ approval ratings started to decline after she was assigned the task, though Biden also received a small decline in job approval.

“The dip followed an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt, where Harris bristled at a question about why she had not visited the border, triggering criticism. Comments about immigration and the United States’ southern border during visits to Mexico and Guatemala have also sparked controversy,” the outlet reported.

Holt had asked Harris if she had “any plans to visit the border,” which received a hostile and odd remark from the vice president.

“At some point, you know, we are going to the border, we’ve been to the border,” Harris said, as previously reported by The Daily Wire. “So this whole, this whole, this whole thing about the border. We’ve been to the border. We’ve been to the border.”

Holt then said: “You haven’t been to the border.”

Harris responded: “And I haven’t been to Europe.”

Shortly after this exchange, Harris visited Mexico and Guatemala, where she continued to make remarks that garnered ridicule. In Guatemala, the international press asked her why she hadn’t visited the U.S.-Mexico border. She was specifically asked why she hadn’t visited the border, to which Harris said the immigration situation is a high priority, while continuing to say she wouldn’t visit the border.

“On the issue of Republican’s political attacks, or criticism, or even concerns, the reason I’m here in Guatemala as my first trip as vice president of the United States, is because this is one of our highest priorities,” Harris claimed. “And I came here to be here on the ground, to speak with the leader of this nation, around what we can do in a way that is significant, is tangible, and has real results. And I will continue to be focused on that kind of work as opposed to grand gestures.”

Later, when Spanish media asked when she planned to visit the border, Harris became irritated, The Daily Wire reported, insisting she had “said I’m going to the border.” When the reporter asked her “when” she would go to the border, Harris replied: “I’m not finished. I’ve said I’m going to the border.”

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Strange

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    It's just because everyone is a racist.. /s

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    No, it's because she is a post turtle. Along with the rest of that administration.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Strange you would have such poor numbers with such an incredible voter turnout

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    She was set up to fail, they don't want a VP in the line of succession when they finally remove Joe. When Pelosi gets replaced as speaker the dominoes will start falling.
    My money is on Obama replacing Pelosi once that annoying piece of parchment ( the constitution or I guess describes Pelosi also) is deemed obsolete.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They already put the pieces in place to deem Biden unfit, he has done very well proving it. I guess we wait and see

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    She was set up to fail, they don't want a VP in the line of succession when they finally remove Joe. When Pelosi gets replaced as speaker the dominoes will start falling.
    My money is on Obama replacing Pelosi once that annoying piece of parchment ( the constitution or I guess describes Pelosi also) is deemed obsolete.
    Obamas not even in a public office right now..?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Doesn't have to be. Anyone can be elected as speaker of the house.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Doesn't have to be. Anyone can be elected as speaker of the house.
    That would be a hell of a stretch... FBD level stuff.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

The Monk (08-04-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Actually, "a hell of a stretch" would be shutting down the election counting for the night and changing the ballot counts while everyone was sleeping, then proclaim " Hey look, I won!" in the morning while expecting everyone to just go along with it as if nothing out of the ordinary occurred.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

KevinD (08-03-2021), PorkChopSandwiches (08-03-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    it's because she's a lady

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks

vCash