Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kamala Harris Is The Most Unpopular Vice President In 50 Years, Polls Show

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Yes he does....

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Doesn't have to be. Anyone can be elected as speaker of the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    That would be a hell of a stretch... FBD level stuff.
    As the Constitution does not explicitly state that the speaker must be an incumbent member of the House, it is permissible for representatives to vote for someone who is not a member of the House at the time, and non-members have received a few votes in various speaker elections over the past several years.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,815 Times in 6,371 Posts
    I couldn't see who the most unpopular was???

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

The Race Card The View Co-Hosts Argue Kamala Harris Poll Numbers Are Tanking Because She’s a Black Woman, Meghan McCain Disagrees

By Leia Idliby - Mediaite

The hosts of The View debated why Vice President Kamala Harris’ poll numbers have been tanking — the majority attributing it to her race and gender, while Meghan McCain disputed the connection.

“Well, let’s see — what is different about her that we haven’t seen before? What could it be?” Joy Behar cracked when Whoopi Goldberg asked why she thinks Harris has the “lowest approval rating of any vice president since the 70s.”

“Oh, that’s right. She’s a woman and she’s Black. I almost forgot,” she continued on Monday’s The View. “You know, let’s tell the truth here. I mean, it seems like there’s this bombardment of criticism on her and [Joe] Biden coming from the right as if they have been in office for four years. They’ve only been there for what? Six months? … Ok, eight months. Eight months. What are they supposed to do? Change the whole world? Cure — get a cure for cancer? Solve the problem of climate change? Deal with immigration?”

Behar went on to urge Harris critics to “back off,” adding that she’s been handed the difficult task of dealing with immigration

McCain disputed the claim that her rating was “all about race and gender,” saying that Harris “stumbled when she was running for president,” noting that she dropped out before the Iowa caucuses.

“I mean, I think it’s interesting the tone from the media on her leadership on immigration because when there were kids in cages on the border under President [Donald] Trump, it was horrific and now we aren’t even allowed to send journalists in to film it and she’s in charge, and it’s ok,” she added. “It’s just a different person in charge of what’s happening on the border. She’s made a lot of tactical errors and you don’t have to just take it from me because I’m obviously a biased actor given that I’m a Republican. But places like Politico and Axios reported how disappointed the White House was in her first foreign trip.”

She went on to claim that Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) “would put her in the ground” if he were to run against Harris in a presidential election, adding that “Republicans would love nothing more than to run against Vice President Harris.”

Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines both agreed with Behar’s take that Harris’ approval ratings are largely tanking because she is the first Black woman to hold the position of vice president, yet Haines added that there are some “fair criticisms” at play.

“I think Vice President Harris has definitely had some missteps,” Haines admitted, adding that there are legitimate criticisms of Harris regarding her time as vice president.

“You can’t remove that whenever your representation — whenever you’re the first woman or the first woman of color — people aren’t used to seeing that, and I think there’s some bias there that can’t be erased from the equation, but at the end of the day, Mike Pence had a higher rating and I look at him, and he just looked the part. Because then when you heard him speak in some of those things, he undid that,” she said. “I think there are some optics at play, but overall I think there is some fair criticism here.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    By Leia Idliby - Mediaite

“Oh, that’s right. She’s a woman and she’s Black. I almost forgot,”
    No, that's why she was chosen as Biden's running mate. Her low poll numbers are because she is inept at her job.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (08-04-2021), Teh One Who Knocks (08-04-2021)