Thread: Nicki Minaj fires back at MSNBC's Reid for vaccine skepticism scolding: 'Thirsty to down another Black woman'

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Drama Nicki Minaj fires back at MSNBC's Reid for vaccine skepticism scolding: 'Thirsty to down another Black woman'

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Rap superstar Nicki Minaj fired back at MSNBC host Joy Reid over the scolding she received for expressing skepticism toward the coronavirus vaccine.

Minaj announced on Twitter that she was not going to The Met gala over its vaccine requirement for attendees.

"They want you to get vaccinated for the Met. if I get vaccinated it won’t for the Met. It’ll be once I feel I’ve done enough research. I’m working on that now," Minaj wrote. "In the meantime my loves, be safe. Wear the mask with 2 strings that grips your head & face. Not that loose one."

She later tweeted about her "cousin in Trinidad" who is refusing to take the vaccine because a friend of his claimed "his testicles became swollen" and "became impotent" as a result of getting the shot, causing his fiancé to call off their wedding.

"So just pray on it & make sure you’re comfortable with ur decision, not bullied," Minaj added.

None of the vaccine skepticism sat well with the "ReidOut" host, who condemned the rapper on air.

"You have a platform, sister, that is 22 million followers, OK? I have 2 million followers. You have 22 million followers on Twitter," Reid told Minaj. "For you to use your platform to encourage our community to not protect themselves and save their lives, my God sister, you can do better than that! You got that platform -- it's a blessing that you got that! The people listen to you -- and they listen to you more than they listen to me!"

"For you to use your platform to put people in the position of dying from a disease they don't have to die from, oh my God, sister. As a fan, as a hip-hop fan, as somebody who is your fan, I'm so sad that you did that, so sad that you did that, sister. Oh, my God," Reid added.

Minaj held no punches in her response.

"This is what happens when you’re so thirsty to down another [B]lack woman (by the request of the [W]hite man), that you didn’t bother to read all my tweets," Minaj tweeted. "'My God SISTER do better; imagine getting ur dumb ass on tv a min after a tweet to spread a false narrative about a [B]lack woman."

The rapper went on to call Reid an "Uncle Tomiana" and a "lying homophobic c--n," invoking the MSNBC host's old blog that had a trove of homophobic and offensive posts.

"I guess I can join in the reindeer games too right? Ppl can go on tv & lie on me, I can report on them, too right?" Minaj tweeted. "Doesn’t have to be truths. It can be half truth."

Minaj also shared a screenshot of a tweet Reid wrote nearly a year ago expressing doubt in the vaccine under President Trump, writing, "Who on God's green earth would trust a vaccine by the @US-FDA?"

"Uncle Tomiana asked who on earth would trust the US FDA guys…" Minaj added.

Reid has yet to publicly respond to Minaj.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (09-16-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Update Nicki Minaj hits back at Biden WH after it claims vaccine-related phone call, not a visit, was offered

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Rapper Nicki Minaj hit back at the White House on Wednesday after the Biden administration put out a statement clarifying it had offered her a phone call to discuss her coronavirus vaccine hesitancy, not an in-person visit.

"Do y’all think I would go on the internet and lie about being invited to the f---ing White House? Like what? Do you guys see what is happening right now?" Minaj said in a 14-minute video post on Instagram.

She claimed her manager and publicist were on a call with the White House in which administration officials said, "We’d like to offer Nicki an invitation to come to the White House to speak with" Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy and Dr. Anthony Fauci.

She said she told White House officials she would rather not travel and suggested some kind of either public or private "live" video on social media.

A post shared by on

The White House was open to doing a "live" session, she said, but never took a trip to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. off the table.

Earlier Wednesday, a White House official said the rapper had only been offered a phone call to speak with experts to discuss vaccine safety.

"As we have with others, we offered a call with Nicki Minaj and one of our doctors to answer questions she has about the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine," the official said, according to NBC News.

Minaj had tweeted, "The White House has invited me & I think it’s a step in the right direction. Yes, I’m going. I’ll be dressed in all pink like Legally Blonde so they know I mean business. I’ll ask questions on behalf of the ppl who have been made fun of for simply being human."

She later said in her Instagram video that the White House called back after she put out the tweet about the invitation and "weren’t too happy" about her talking about it publicly.

Minaj also tweeted on Monday that she had skipped the Met Gala, which had a vaccine requirement, saying she wanted to do more research before getting it. She cited her new baby as well for not wanting to travel and encouraged people to wear masks.

The fuss began earlier this week when Minaj made an unsubstantiated claim in a viral tweet on Monday that a friend of her cousin’s in Trinidad became impotent after getting the vaccine.

On Tuesday, Fauci unequivocally dismissed the claim.

"There’s no evidence that it happens, nor is there any mechanistic reason to imagine that it would happen," Fauci told CNN. "There's a lot of misinformation, mostly on social media, and the only way we know to counter mis- and disinformation is to provide a lot of correct information and to essentially debunk these kinds of claims, which may be innocent on her part. I'm not blaming her for anything but she should be thinking twice about propagating information that really has no basis."

In a Wednesday news conference, Terrence Deyalsingh, Trinidad's health minister, said its government had "wasted so much time" with Minaj’s claim about impotence.

"There is absolutely no reported such side effect or adverse event of testicular swelling in Trinidad," he said, according to USA Today.

Minaj also claimed in the video that the Democratic Party and other liberals (not the caller from the White House, she specified) were trying to "assassinate" her character.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Yes, it's all about your race...

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    And while we are talking about race... Could you not accuse Ms. Minaj of Cultural Appropriation with her hair-do..?

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Bitch trin' to be Gwen Stefani

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Muddy (09-17-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts