Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Family of missing woman sends desperate message to her fiancé after police name him person of interest

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Gabby Petito's parents say fugitive fiancé still alive, recall learning tragic news

By Stephanie Pagones | Fox News

NORTH PORT, Fla. – The parents of Gabby Petito described in heartbreaking detail the moments when they heard the news that their 22-year-old daughter’s remains were believed to have been found in Wyoming after she had been missing for weeks, and say they believe her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, is still alive.

Joe Petito and Nichole Schmidt, Gabby’s mother and father, and her nearly lifelong stepparents, Tara Petito and Jim Schmidt, sat down for an interview on Dr. Phil McGraw's television show that aired Tuesday. The approximately 30-minute interview covered topics ranging from Nichole Schmidt’s early inkling that her daughter was not OK; the text messages Gabby’s parents sent to Laundrie's parents; and their belief that he is hiding out.

Nearly all of the four parents were scattered throughout the country when the FBI told them Sept. 19 that they "had some information that they wanted to share," Jim Schmidt recalled.

With Jim Schmidt in Wyoming, he met law enforcement agents at a conference room of the hotel where he was staying, he said. As he entered the room for the meeting that day, Jim could see through a window an FBI agent rushing in to meet him. He later learned the agent wanted to share the news before word got out of their discovery.

"They described a piece of clothing to me that matched one of her favorite sweatshirts that we knew … was hers," Jim Schmidt recalled. "We were all crying in the room. You know, couldn't believe it, because we were holding out for hope. I knew what we were potentially going to find when we came here."

The others joined the meeting via conference call, where they learned that the FBI had found the remains of a body that matched Gabby’s physical description.

"I was able to compose myself and we got everybody on a conference call, and I was able to relay it to everyone," Schmidt continued. While Jim Schmidt was in Wyoming, Nichole was in New York and Tara and Joe Petito were in Florida, they told McGraw.

Through tears, Petito’s mother described to McGraw learning that investigators had "found remains."

"And we knew it was Gabby. Even though we were hoping it wasn’t," she continued. "It was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to listen to … But I knew she was gone. As a mom, I knew she was gone."

The FBI confirmed two days later that the remains belonged to Petito and identified the manner of her death as being homicide.

Nichole Schmidt added that she suspected the worst on Sept. 11, just hours after she had reported her daughter missing, after she learned from authorities that the van in which Gabby and Laundrie had traveled cross-country was back at the North Port, Florida, home of Laundrie's family.

"I didn't want to admit it," she said, "but I felt it the night I found out the van was in Florida on the 11th, I felt in my heart that she was gone."

Brian Laundrie and Petito had embarked on their road trip mid-June in a converted white Ford Transit van. They planned to visit national parks along the way. They had begun dating years earlier after meeting at their local Long Island, New York, high school and had moved to North Port, Florida, to live with Laundrie’s parents.

On Sept. 1, Laundrie returned to the North Port home in the couple's van, but without Petito, officials said. She was not reported missing until 10 days later, on Sept. 11, when her mother notified police in Suffolk County, New York. Authorities later seized the van from the Laundries' home. Brian then went missing, with his lawyer first telling reporters he disappeared on Sept. 14, before revising the date to Sept. 13.

Shortly thereafter, authorities named Laundrie as a person of interest in connection with what was then Petito's disappearance. On Sept. 23, the FBI issued an arrest warrant for Laundrie, accusing him of bank card fraud.

During the Tuesday show, Stafford alleged that Brian Laundrie stole Petito's credit card, used it "to get home and then ran from the police."

During a different portion of the interview, Joe Petito told McGraw that Brian "didn’t tell us" that he had returned home in Petito’s van. Nichole Schmidt added: "As far as we know, our daughter was camping."

The parents began frantically texting and calling Brian Laundrie’s parents, even thinking early on that Brian was also missing, Joe Petito said.

"One of the texts, I mean, I was going to call the police. You know, ‘Just letting you know because we have no idea, no responses,’" Joe Petito continued. "A normal parent, when you text someone that they’re going to call the cops because you can’t find your child, they would reply."

Joe Petito further described how Brian’s parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, allegedly "had papers at the door," with instructions for police to contact their attorney.

Petito, who has been outspoken to the media regarding his feelings toward how the situation has been handled by the Laundrie family, told McGraw he felt that the Laundries "owed me more than that."

"I'm a dad. I make my kids stand up for their decisions," he explained. "If they make a mistake, I'll help you. I'll walk you through that path. But you're going to, man, you're going to own up to your mistake because that's what a parent does – not what they're doing. I'm sorry."

Gabby’s parents said they both believe the Laundries "know a lot more information than they’re putting out there," as Nichole Schmidt said.

When asked if they believed "100%" that Brian Laundrie is in hiding, Joe Petito responded: "I do."

"Because he’s a coward. Flat out. I could use some other words, but I can’t use them on your show. Coward," he said. "Anyone that lived in that house is a coward, and they don’t know how to stand up for their actions."

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Gabby Petito autopsy: Wyoming coroner to give update Tuesday

By Audrey Conklin , Michael Ruiz | Fox News

NORTH PORT, Fla. - Teton County, Wyoming, coroner Brent Blue on Tuesday will hold a virtual press conference regarding the final autopsy report for deceased Gabby Petito, officials said Monday.

The FBI on Sept. 19 discovered Petito's remains at a dispersed campground in the Bridger-Teton National Forest. Blue later identified the remains and ruled Petito's death a homicide in his preliminary autopsy report.

The press conference will be held at 12:30 p.m. MT and is limited to members of the press, according to a Teton County spokesperson.

The final autopsy report will likely include Petito's time and cause of death, which may help investigators determine who killed her, though that information may not be released publicly.

Salt Lake City-based private investigator Jason Jenson, who visited the scene where Petito's remains were discovered over the weekend, told Fox News Digital that he believes Blue will also discuss the results of a post-mortum toxicology test, which detects drugs in a person's system. Jenson added, however, that he also believes Petito was not using drugs at the time of her death.

Petito's parents reported her missing eight days before her remains were discovered. The 22-year-old was traveling cross-country in a Ford transit van with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, when she went missing.

Laundrie, 23, returned home to North Port, Florida, on Sept. 1 in the van without Petito, and her parents filed a missing person report on Sept. 11. Laundrie is a person of interest in the case, and his whereabouts have been unknown for weeks. His parents reported him missing to North Port, Florida, police on Sept. 17.

On Sept. 23, the FBI issued an arrest warrant for Laundrie, accusing him of bank card fraud. Authorities alleged at the time that he used an unidentified person’s Capital One card and the personal identification number to charge or withdraw over $1,000 between Aug. 30 and Sept. 1, during which time Petito was still missing.

Jenson also said he thinks the cause of death may be asphyxiation and referenced Petito's body language in an Aug. 12 bodycam footage from Moab, Utah, police in which she describes how Laundrie grabbed her face during a domestic dispute.

"I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s manual strangulation. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s choked her before," Jenson said. "Any victim that’s been choked before — their natural reaction is to lower their chin to their clavicle to prevent that hand from going around their throat."

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The coroner has announced cause of death. She died by strangulation.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

KevinD (10-12-2021), lost in melb. (10-13-2021), Pony (10-12-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    i doubt that hippie has a big enough dick

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    i doubt that hippie has a big enough dick

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    She was very cute

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    If she was black no one would care.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (10-13-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update Law Enforcement Finds Human Remains Near Brian Laundrie Belongings on Florida Trail

By the TMZ Staff

11:06 AM PT -- Law enforcement found what appears to be partial human remains in an area that was underwater, near where some belongings believed to belong to Brian were found, according to NBC.

10:19 AM PT -- The Pasco County Sheriff's Office tells TMZ ... North Port Police requested the Sheriff's Human Remains Detection Team be sent to the area, and the Sheriff also sent a K-9 unit.

We're told the K-9 was called in to search the area, and the dog is trained to detect the odor from human remains.

It's not clear if human remains were found at the site, but we're told the Human Remains Detection Team and K-9 does not traditionally get called in if a body has already been found.

Brian Laundrie's family may have actually done something helpful in the ongoing search for their son -- leading the FBI to a new trail he frequented ... which, go figure, led to his stuff being found. And ... we've confirmed the Medical Examiner is on the way to the location.

The Laundrie family attorney, Steven Bertolino, tells TMZ ... Brian's parents, Chris and Roberta, went to Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park in North Port, FL Wednesday morning to look for him -- apparently, a new area that hadn't been explored.

We're told the family told authorities about their intentions, and sure enough ... the FBI and North Port police showed up as well bright and early. Bertolino says after a brief search off a trail Brian was known to have hiked ... some evidence was discovered that he'd been there.

Unclear what exactly the FBI found -- but we're told a handful of belongings, including some articles of clothing, the feds believe might belong to Brian. There's even video of them seemingly breaking this news to his parents -- this as they and bystanders looked on.

Now, Bertolino says the powers that be will focus their efforts on this location for a more thorough investigation.

It's a stunning development -- but one that surely raises an eyebrow at the Laundrie family. If this was a place they believed Brian might be or might have been since vanishing ... why hadn't they said anything until now -- and how is it that on the day they decide to go looking here, they actually find something???

It's a bizarre set of circumstances, and we're sure the feds will ask these hard questions -- but, for now, their top priority is bringing this guy in alive ... and getting to the bottom of what he knows about Gabby Petito.

Originally Published -- 9:32 AM PT

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (10-20-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Probably an old cum sock his parents threw in there for DNA purposes.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

Griffin (10-20-2021), RBP (10-20-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Will be interesting to see if it's him... I believe this is the sixth body they've found during the search, which is creepy all by itself.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

Pony (10-21-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Update 'Probability is high’ that human remains found in Florida park belong to fugitive Brian Laundrie: lawyer

FOX News

Steve Bertolino, the attorney representing the Laundrie family, confirms to Fox News Digital that the "probability is high" that remains found Wednesday in a Florida park belong to Brian.

Bertolino also told Fox News Digital he and the parents were "always cooperating with law enforcement with respect to locating Brian."

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Wouldn't it be something if Laundrie's parents murdered him?

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    They've confirmed that the remains found are him.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (10-22-2021), Pony (10-21-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    we all saw the ending to this book coming