Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin 'in tears' after firing prop gun on movie set that killed crew member, injured director

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Sounds to me like Baldwin is just trying to deflect his responsibility.
    Yep, this. Not saying he is solely responsible but he's claiming he has zero responsibility for murder.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (12-06-2021)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Update Alec Baldwin deletes Twitter account following tell-all interview about fatal 'Rust' shooting

By Tyler McCarthy | Fox News

Alec Baldwin has deleted one of his two Twitter accounts following his tell-all interview with George Stephanopoulos about the shooting incident that took place on the set of the movie "Rust."

The actor had two verified Twitter accounts, one of which he was much more active on and was the one he used to previously issue statements about the fatal shooting incident that took place on the set of the indie-western movie in October. However, following his interview last week, it seems the star has completely deleted the account labeled @AlecBaldwin. However, his account @AlecBaldwln____ remains live with the latest tweet being from October 19. Prior to that, it was only active in June.

It’s unclear why the actor chose this time to delete the account. Representatives for Baldwin did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

However, the timing coincides with the debut of his interview with Stephanopoulos, which was his first formal interview since the on-set tragedy that resulted in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza.

Among the many revealing moments from the interview was the assertion from the 63-year-old actor that he did not pull the trigger that resulted in the gun firing. Instead, he claims that he was rehearsing the scene with Hutchins and that it required him to pull the hammer back on the firearm.

"I let go of the hammer of the gun," Baldwin described. "And the gun goes off."

Baldwin said he didn't know what had happened until he was in the police station, hours later. A police officer told Baldwin that a .45 caliber slug came out of Souza's shoulder at the conclusion of his interview, he said. The police also confirmed Hutchins' death to Baldwin at the end of the interview.

Other noteworthy moments included Baldwin saying that he does not believe he’ll be charged with any crimes as a result of the incident. However, he is currently among those involved in civil litigation over the death of Hutchins.

Fox News’ Jessica Napoli and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Deleting Twitter doesn't matter now.. Your every word is in the database..

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Walls close in on Alec Baldwin as his gun lie falls apart

By Maureen Callahan - New York Post Opinion

Alec Baldwin has always insisted, despite all evidence to the contrary, that he didn’t pull that trigger.

The FBI now says that he did. That finding, released over the weekend, comes just after the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office announced they’re only waiting on Baldwin’s phone records before sending their investigative file to the DA’s office.

Are the walls closing in yet, Alec?

This FBI report is reason to cheer. Not since OJ Simpson have we seen someone so guilty act so aggrieved, entitled, put-upon and victimized, as if this whole tragedy has affected no one more than Baldwin himself — not Halyna Hutchins’s husband, not her little boy, so traumatized after her death he couldn’t speak for days, but Alec freaking Baldwin.

Think that’s overstatement? Let me count the ways: Gallivanting through the Hamptons and Vermont, just days after the shooting, Baldwin shopping at Ralph Lauren and preening before the paps — you know, the ones he otherwise hates and physically attacks — so they could get the perfect shot of Baldwin, inside a gleaming restaurant, holding his head in his hands. The bizarre roadside presser with his fake Spanish wife, the Rachel Dolezal of the Hamptons, in which he claimed the “Rust” set was run by “a very, very well-oiled crew” who just had the bad luck to suffer this “one in a trillion” tragedy.

The barrage of social media posts in the days after, Hilaria and Alec gloating over their family — that is, when Hilaria wasn’t getting in on the victim act herself, writing that “parenting through this has been an intense experience, to say the least.”

Know what else will be an intense experience? Criminal charges, jail time, and the loss of all his money in civil litigation. (On Monday, the New Mexico medical investigator ruled the shooting an accident; the district attorney has yet to decide whether or not to file charges.)

Did I mention that the Baldwins thought there was no better time to buy a sprawling, historic Vermont farmhouse for $1.75 million?

That’s how delusional these two are. How surely they believe Alec to be above the law or any consequence.

As two firearms experts in on-set safety told me last year: Guns don’t shoot themselves. Alec Baldwin, for all his crocodile tears and caterwauling, pulled that trigger and killed Halyna Hutchins.

“I’m not aware of any gun firing itself,” veteran Hollywood firearms expert Steve Wolf told me last December, after Alec’s poor-me softball sit-down with ABC’s George Stephanopolous — his good pal from the Hamptons social scene, not that either disclosed that little conflict of interest.

“The trigger still must have been pressed,” Wolf said. “It’s really important to discredit anyone who claims that guns fire themselves. If this becomes an acceptable defense, there goes any accountability when it comes to shooting people. We can’t have this kind of ‘guns shoot themselves’ thing. They don’t.”

Former FBI agent turned Hollywood firearms consultant Bobby Chacon told me the same thing.

“The bullet striking and killing that woman came out of the barrel of the gun pointed directly at her,” Chacon said. “Bullets don’t curve. He isn’t in ‘The Matrix.’ The trigger would still have to be pulled.”

Alec, to Stephanopolous: “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them. Never.” Also, he was brazen enough to say he felt no guilt.

This was the same interview in which Baldwin claimed Hutchins told him to point the gun at her. “Everything is at her direction,” he said. “I’m holding the gun where she told me to hold it, which ended up right below her armpit.”

So which is it, Alec? You’d never point a gun at anyone, or you pointed the gun at Hutchins because she told you to? And if it’s the latter, what are we to infer — that Hutchins is to blame for you pulling the trigger and shooting her to death?

It’s all so vile, but take heart: As a producer on “Rust,” Baldwin may also share blame for the rookie mistakes and cost-cutting that led up to this tragedy. Don’t forget that on the morning Hutchins was killed, seven crew members walked off the set over safety concerns.

At least one had sounded the alarm to the unit production manager, at one point texting, “We’ve now had three accidental discharges. This is super unsafe.

”It’s easy to see how such standard safety protocols went ignored and how dire warnings were shrugged off. As the old saying goes, the fish rots from the head, and Baldwin, as we’ve all seen over the past year, lives in a reality of his own making: His wife, née Hillary Thomas from Boston, is, through sheer force of make-believe and some bronzer, Spanish. His great friend Woody Allen is just misunderstood.

And, of course, it’s totally proper to brag about your happy family life incessantly on Instagram while ignoring your part in destroying another young family.

In Baldwin’s demented worldview, anyone who thinks he’s responsible for the death of a beautiful young wife and mother, her whole life and career ahead of her, must be motivated by animus or greed. Even the widower.

“What you have is a certain group of people, litigants and whatever” — ! — “on whatever side, who, their attitude is, ‘Well, the people who likely seem negligent have no money, and the people who have money are not negligent.’ ”

This was Baldwin in March, weeks after Hutchins’ widower filed his civil suit against Baldwin and went on the Today show, calmly expressing his justifiable anger over Baldwin’s interview with Stephanopolous.

“Hearing him blame Halyna in the interview and shift responsibility to others and seeing him cry about it — I just feel, are we really supposed to feel bad about you, Mr. Baldwin?”

Hutchins went on to state the obvious, which again continues to elude Baldwin — Baldwin, who likes to pride himself on being smarter than the average Hollywood duck, what with his one-time NPR show and his bestselling memoir and his coverage in The New Yorker and telling the New York Times that he was qualified to be governor of New York. Oh, and his liberal bona fides with his “SNL” spoofs of Donald Trump, a man he has more in common with than he could ever admit.

Lest there remain any doubt as to who Alec Baldwin really is, consider these text messages between Baldwin and Matt Hutchins — who Baldwin was so quick to befriend in the hours after the shooting.

Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021, after Hutchins reaches out to Baldwin:

AB: I am with my kids.

!!!!!!!

AB: Your attorney told me not to contact you. So . . . what’s up?

What’s up? That says it all. That’s Baldwin saying: Why are you bothering me, what could you possibly have to say, can’t we just do this through lawyers, what are you, sad or something?

AB: Make sure you tell your lawyer that you reached out to me and not vice versa.

MH: Of course. You can always text me if you have something on your mind.

AB: Your lawyer sent a variant of a cease and desist to me. Told me not to contact you. So, there’s that.

How callous. How heartless — especially for someone who has spent the past ten months begging for sympathy and understanding.

Karma isn’t a big enough concept to describe what Alec Baldwin has coming. Fortunately for decent people everywhere, sloppy emotional ploys and disgusting attempts to blame the victim do not apply to the criminal justice system, the FBI, or the laws of physics.

So, you know, there’s that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    So... I've a legal question for those that are more knowledgeable than me:

Civil suits have been filed. If the wife leaves him tomorrow, takes the kids and they finalize a divorce where she gets 50% of his assets plus child support BEFORE any civil suit goes to trial, is that money she got now considered untouchable as it's no longer his assets?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    So... I've a legal question for those that are more knowledgeable than me:

Civil suits have been filed. If the wife leaves him tomorrow, takes the kids and they finalize a divorce where she gets 50% of his assets plus child support BEFORE any civil suit goes to trial, is that money she got now considered untouchable as it's no longer his assets?
    That's a really good question. I don't know. It'd be a convoluted way to "hide" assets from exposure to the civil suits. I wonder if anybody has ever tried doing that before? It can't be a novel idea.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Pony (08-17-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Alright, I asked some knowledgeable sources and here's what I have gathered: it really depends on state civil statutes. Each state has their own rules governing these things. However, generally speaking, a divorce is a separate civil issue from the civil suits that Baldwin's going to face. If his wife divorces him and takes 50% of all of his assets, then legally speaking, those assets no longer belong to Baldwin and are not exposed to any other civil suit or settlement that Baldwin will face, provided the divorce ends and his wife is awarded judgement before any court award from the other civil suits that he's facing.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Alright, I asked some knowledgeable sources and here's what I have gathered: it really depends on state civil statutes. Each state has their own rules governing these things. However, generally speaking, a divorce is a separate civil issue from the civil suits that Baldwin's going to face. If his wife divorces him and takes 50% of all of his assets, then legally speaking, those assets no longer belong to Baldwin and are not exposed to any other civil suit or settlement that Baldwin will face, provided the divorce ends and his wife is awarded judgement before any court award from the other civil suits that he's facing.
    That's interesting. I think if the courts are just, they should examine any outstanding lawsuits against either party in the divorce and consider that when separating assets. Maybe some do, I dono, but using divorce as a tool to hide from litigation would be some bullshit. If I were a judge and had the power to do so, I'd at very least want some proof the divorce was being considered prior to the event leading to the lawsuit, or maybe even demand that they hold some assets in a trust or whatever if there wasn't going to be enough for the one party to cover potential damages after splitting assets. That just seems rational to me, but I totally get that's not how the law always operates.

I wonder if anyone's ever caught shit for a sham divorce used to protect assets. That should be punishable.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    That's interesting. I think if the courts are just, they should examine any outstanding lawsuits against either party in the divorce and consider that when separating assets. Maybe some do, I dono, but using divorce as a tool to hide from litigation would be some bullshit. If I were a judge and had the power to do so, I'd at very least want some proof the divorce was being considered prior to the event leading to the lawsuit, or maybe even demand that they hold some assets in a trust or whatever if there wasn't going to be enough for the one party to cover potential damages after splitting assets. That just seems rational to me, but I totally get that's not how the law always operates.

I wonder if anyone's ever caught shit for a sham divorce used to protect assets. That should be punishable.
    See, that's what I said originally. But it really does depend on the state that the lawsuits are filed in. You've got 50 different states each with their own set of civil laws. And the civil laws can vary greatly. I would think that now that civil suits have been filed, if a divorce has been filed immediately afterwards, then a judge would order his assets frozen pending the outcome of the original lawsuits, and order the divorce proceedings to take place after the civil suits are resolved and relevant parties awarded.

So in which state are the lawsuits pending? What do that state's civil statutes say, if anything at all? How smart is the district/magistrate judge presiding over the civil suits?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Godfather (08-17-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,770 Times in 4,009 Posts
    That's a good point, the divorce being in one state and the civil suit being in another would almost certainly add all sorts of layers of complexity even if one state or the other has any precedent in those circumstances... I pity the junior associate who would be tasked with finding the case law, searching late into the night trying to sort that out for their defense

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Wow, some really interesting points here, thanks guys. It HAS to have happened before, especially if it's a large sum of money on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Maybe some do, I dono, but using divorce as a tool to hide from litigation would be some bullshit. If I were a judge and had the power to do so, I'd at very least want some proof the divorce was being considered prior to the event leading to the lawsuit, or maybe even demand that they hold some assets in a trust or whatever if there wasn't going to be enough for the one party to cover potential damages after splitting assets. That just seems rational to me, but I totally get that's not how the law always operates.

Yea, if it's an obvious sham I absolutely agree. But what if the guy got caught doing something horrible like raping kids, the wife would absolutely be justified in GTFO and divorcing ASAP. Of course she would probably file for divorce BEFORE the civil suit under those circumstances.... I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I would think that now that civil suits have been filed, if a divorce has been filed immediately afterwards, then a judge would order his assets frozen pending the outcome of the original lawsuits, and order the divorce proceedings to take place after the civil suits are resolved and relevant parties awarded.
    Would it be up to the attorneys in the civil suit to "discover" the divorce proceedings and ask for a freeze of assets? I'm wondering if the court system would even know there was a filing. In the city I assume that one department likely doesn't communicate much with another, unless there's some way to automatically flag someone's identification if there is a change in status. Just thinking that it would be possible to slip through the cracks.

Anyway, good discussion, thanks guys.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Would it be up to the attorneys in the civil suit to "discover" the divorce proceedings and ask for a freeze of assets? I'm wondering if the court system would even know there was a filing. In the city I assume that one department likely doesn't communicate much with another, unless there's some way to automatically flag someone's identification if there is a change in status. Just thinking that it would be possible to slip through the cracks.

Anyway, good discussion, thanks guys.
    For someone big like Baldwin? I doubt it would take much to discover what's going on. He's a highly visible individual who lives under the ever watchful and hungry media eye. Everyone would know about it as soon as it happened. If both the divorce and the civil suits are filed in the same district, I'm pretty sure it would be common knowledge in the court system. Even if it wasn't in the same district... hell even if it was on opposite coasts... with a high value target like Baldwin, if the judge doesn't already know then the plaintiffs would definitely know and would bring it to the judge's attention. The plaintiff's council could ask to freeze the assets, but I don't think it would be necessary. Unless Baldwin slipped the judge a kickback or something, I'm pretty sure the judge would know what the score was and would act accordingly without having to be asked.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 08-17-2022 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yea, Baldwins fucked, as he should be. But I was thinking more generic terms. I know it's straying a bit off topic.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Yea, Baldwins fucked, as he should be. But I was thinking more generic terms. I know it's straying a bit off topic.
    Well, considering Joe Nobody, assuming two lawsuits were in separate districts, then it might fly under the radar. But considering civil suits are all about the damages awarded, how much of a hard-on for hurting Joe Nobody would the plaintiffs have? If the plaintiffs have the ability and the drive, unless Joe is old-hat at this sorta thing and knows how to cover his bases effectively, then it's reasonable to assume that they could uncover some hijinks and relay it with actionable proof to their attorney(s), who in turn would notify the judge. Where it goes from there is the discretion of the court.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Pony (08-18-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Criminal Charges Could Be Filed Against Alec Baldwin: Report

By Virginia Kruta - The Daily Wire

Criminal charges may be on the way for actor Alec Baldwin, according to a report published Monday by entertainment website TMZ.

The report detailed several recent moves made by District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies that indicate she could be planning to prosecute the actor in connection with the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of his film “Rust.”

According to The Santa Fe New Mexican, Carmack-Altwies filed an emergency request last week — asking the New Mexico Board of Finance for $635,000 to support “up to four possible criminal cases” that she indicated could arise out of the ongoing investigation into the shooting.

The state board approved half the requested amount, granting her $317,000 to assist in funding a special prosecutor, special investigator, experts and others. The prosecutor said that up to four people could face charges — although she also noted that they might not all be found criminally liable. “We will be requesting a special appropriation for the rest of the money,” she added.

“One of the possible defendants is well known movie actor Alec Baldwin,” Carmack-Altwies said. She did not name any other members of the cast or crew who may still be under investigation, but she did list a number of possible charges, saying that her office was “certainly looking at all the homicide statutes and any gun statutes under New Mexico criminal code.”

Carmack-Altwies stated that the requested funds would be used to finance up to four separate jury trials pursuant to the shooting that killed Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza.

A full report from the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office — based on the lengthy investigation — is expected to be released in the coming weeks.

The prosecutor did not say for certain that she intended to file criminal charges but wanted the funding in place before the report’s release in the event that prosecutions were deemed warranted.

“Experts in firearms, the handling of firearms on movie sets, and safety protocols on move sets must be retained immediately,” Carmack-Altwies explained in the request. “If the First Judicial District Attorney … were to take funding for the ‘RUST’ prosecution out of the general fund, there would not be enough funding to pay our employees, expert witnesses needed for other cases and general everyday expenses of the office.”