Thread: Maher Torches People Who Change Words Because They Can’t Deal With Reality: ‘Repeat Kindergarten’

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    #DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Notice Maher Torches People Who Change Words Because They Can’t Deal With Reality: ‘Repeat Kindergarten’

Daily Wire Staff Report

Liberal HBO host Bill Maher slammed woke people during this week’s episode of “Real Time,” saying that they need to stop changing words just because they cannot deal with reality.

Maher specifically mentioned eight words that people need to stop redefining: hate, victim, hero, shame, violence, survivor, phobic, and white supremacy.

“Comedian Hannah Gadsby characterized Dave Chappelle’s controversial Netflix special as hate speech dog-whistling,” Maher said. “Well, dog whistle refers to when someone puts things in code because they’re afraid to come out and say what they really think. That’s what you get from Dave Chappelle? That he’s afraid to say what he really thinks? And it’s not hate speech just because you disagree with it. Nor is it phobic. Phobic comes from the Greek word for something one fears irrationally, like spiders or germs, but now is used as a suffix for anything you just don’t like.”

“Also in the category of, ‘we just don’t like it, so we’re pretending it’s something else,’ is the word ‘violence,’” Maher later added. “Last year, there was a staff mutiny at the CBS drama ‘All Rise’ when some of the writers — I’m sorry, I meant victims — took issue with a scene where two women are in an elevator and a naked man gets on, and they just continue talking calmly. And if you think that’s offensive, you should see how the guy pushed the button. But the writers on this show found the scene objectionable and sent off an email saying, ‘Two women would not commonly continue a conversation with a naked white guy running into the elevator. That is violence.’ No, it’s not. Violence is when it hurts. It usually involves leaving a mark of some kind. Of course, innumerable things can lead to violence, but I’m sorry, you can’t take that word and use it for stuff that’s just scary to you or just verbal, which is something I literally learned in kindergarten. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but … if you don’t know how that one ends, you need to repeat kindergarten.”

WATCH:

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Muddy (11-01-2021), Pony (11-01-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Biff and Chip are sailing a yacht traveling at 12
    knots to an Ed Sheeran concert on Catalina - if
    Catalina is 26 miles away, how many White Claws
    should they bring?

A) 6
    B) 7