Page 624 of 929 FirstFirst ... 124 524 574 614 622 623 624 625 626 634 674 724 ... LastLast
Results 9,346 to 9,360 of 13924

Thread: What's the last TV show you watched?

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Supernatural

and

The Curse of Oak Island - season 5, episode 3

and

Black Mirror - season 1, episode 3

and

Star Trek Discovery - episodes 1 thru 3

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,829 Times in 8,168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Supernatural

and

The Curse of Oak Island - season 5, episode 3

and

Black Mirror - season 1, episode 3

and

Star Trek Discovery - episodes 1 thru 3
    I just watched episode 15 of Discovery, season ender.

On the closing credits they used the original series closing music, complete with bongo drums and 60's style grooves.
    Brought back some cool memories and put a smile on my face.

I don't know what to tell you about Discovery old chum...it does improve, but saying anything else with spoil it. I like the production values better than the story?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Electric Dreams episode 6 (with Bryan Cranston)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I don't know what to tell you about Discovery old chum...it does improve, but saying anything else with spoil it. I like the production values better than the story?
    I've completed the first 3 episodes and I've watched about half of episode 4 and so far here are some of my complaints:

A) This is supposed to be a prequel? That takes place roughly only 10 years before TOS? Absolutely EVERYTHING in this series looks far more advanced than anything in the original series or in TNG even. It's ridiculous. I understand special effects and budgets have come a long way, but at least make it look like a prequel or on par with what a starship looked like in TOS. I mean even the uniforms look nothing like TOS.
    B) The character of Michael Burnham. I could go on and on and on about what is wrong with this person.
    C) The Vulcans are now suddenly a 'shoot first and ask questions later' race? When did that happen because that's not cannon in ANY other Trek series.
    D) The Klingons look abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous. Again, they look humanoid in TOS, at least keep some continuity if you are going to be a prequel.
    E) There are aliens galore in the crew of Star Fleet? In TOS, the ONLY non-humans onboard a starship crew were Vulcans.
    F) I'm stopping here because I could keep going and I'm not even 4 full episodes in

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I've completed the first 3 episodes and I've watched about half of episode 4 and so far here are some of my complaints:

A) This is supposed to be a prequel? That takes place roughly only 10 years before TOS? Absolutely EVERYTHING in this series looks far more advanced than anything in the original series or in TNG even. It's ridiculous. I understand special effects and budgets have come a long way, but at least make it look like a prequel or on par with what a starship looked like in TOS. I mean even the uniforms look nothing like TOS.
    B) The character of Michael Burnham. I could go on and on and on about what is wrong with this person.
    C) The Vulcans are now suddenly a 'shoot first and ask questions later' race? When did that happen because that's not cannon in ANY other Trek series.
    D) The Klingons look abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous. Again, they look humanoid in TOS, at least keep some continuity if you are going to be a prequel.
    E) There are aliens galore in the crew of Star Fleet? In TOS, the ONLY non-humans onboard a starship crew were Vulcans.
    F) I'm stopping here because I could keep going and I'm not even 4 full episodes in
    Oh myyy, where to start

1. Burnham is/will be held responsible for the deaths of over 8000 Federation people.
    2. Burnham disobeyed her captain/friend and fought with her. Mutiny and assault with intent to cause bodily harm.
    3. (mild spoiler, but obvious progression) Burnham will get back on a ship and assume an officer's position once again.
    4. Did I mention she is the biggest mass murderer in history and mutinied against a federation Captain?

5. The Klingons look like nuclear mutants in day glo disco outfits. The multi tribe idea is cool, but...

The differences in the look and tech design are almost unavoidable. If you're a person who hates non-canonical ideas, you are going to blow a gasket with this series
    There's a certain type of tech coming up I think in episode 4 or 5, that will challenge everything from past Star Trek series.

Phasers and communicators are old school

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Oh myyy, where to start

1. Burnham is/will be held responsible for the deaths of over 8000 Federation people.
    2. Burnham disobeyed her captain/friend and fought with her. Mutiny and assault with intent to cause bodily harm.
    3. (mild spoiler, but obvious progression) Burnham will get back on a ship and assume an officer's position once again.
    4. Did I mention she is the biggest mass murderer in history and mutinied against a federation Captain?

5. The Klingons look like nuclear mutants in day glo disco outfits. The multi tribe idea is cool, but...

The differences in the look and tech design are almost unavoidable. If you're a person who hates non-canonical ideas, you are going to blow a gasket with this series
    There's a certain type of tech coming up I think in episode 4 or 5, that will challenge everything from past Star Trek series.

Phasers and communicators are old school

1) Yeah, already past where Burnham started the war with the Klingons and mutinied and got her captain killed and convicted of the crimes
    2) And now she's a crewman onboard the Discovery? Ohhhhh....it's because Star Fleet gave the Captain of the Discovery 'lattitude', that makes perfect sense
    3) Things like using the transporter to go from one area of the ship to the other? By bypassing the transporter room completely? Even Scotty in the TOS said that was something completely dangerous yet they have done it a few times now on Discovery like it's no big deal

I know the difference in design is unavoidable because of the difference in effects and whatnot, but at least make an effort to keep some kind of continuity in design seeing how you are supposed to be a prequel that happens only 10 years prior to TOS. Don't make it look completely futuristic FFS

And 'black alert'? Really?

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The rest of Electric Dreams

There were a lot of episodes that seemed to take ideas right from our current headlines

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks

1) Yeah, already past where Burnham started the war with the Klingons and mutinied and got her captain killed and convicted of the crimes
    2) And now she's a crewman onboard the Discovery? Ohhhhh....it's because Star Fleet gave the Captain of the Discovery 'lattitude', that makes perfect sense
    3) Things like using the transporter to go from one area of the ship to the other? By bypassing the transporter room completely? Even Scotty in the TOS said that was something completely dangerous yet they have done it a few times now on Discovery like it's no big deal

I know the difference in design is unavoidable because of the difference in effects and whatnot, but at least make an effort to keep some kind of continuity in design seeing how you are supposed to be a prequel that happens only 10 years prior to TOS. Don't make it look completely futuristic FFS

And 'black alert'? Really?
    Wait until you get to the Klingon Lives Matter part

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Shark Tank

and

The Curse of Oak Island - season 5, episode 5

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The Alienist

Homeland

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Finished Altered Carbon, last episode was pretty dark. I think I'll be watching this series again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The Curse of Oak Island - season 5, episode 6

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Little comment on Homeland..

The first two seasons were some of the best TV I've watched

The last couple of seasons really haven't been the same

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The Magicians

American Crime Story : The Assassination of Gianni Versace

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    A history channel documentary on youtube about D-Day.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.