Page 624 of 625 FirstFirst ... 124 524 574 614 622 623 624 625 LastLast
Results 9,346 to 9,360 of 9365

Thread: What's the last TV show you watched?

  1. #9346
    Shelter Dweller lost in melb.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,932
    vCash
    3000
    Thanks
    1,173
    Thanked 640 Times in 500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Altered Carbon, I'll probably finish it this week...and then be sad. It's SO good. My only issue would be with how bad the actress is who plays the main cop Martha Higareda
    Agreed....too many flavours of hysterical. No real depth.

    My other quibble was sometimes the actors mumbled their lines, including key plot aspects. The director should have picked that up.

    That aside, damn it was great...can't bring myself to watch anything else now

  2. #9347
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    81,395
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    2,807
    Thanked 7,804 Times in 5,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    Altered Carbon, I'll probably finish it this week...and then be sad. It's SO good. My only issue would be with how bad the actress is who plays the main cop Martha Higareda
    I'm having troubles finding a decent streaming site to finish Electric Dreams. Want to see those before I start on Altered Carbon.

    And I know what you mean about finding some shows that are so good it's actually sad to see them end.

  3. #9348
    Not from a shithole country Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    172,924
    vCash
    1500
    Thanks
    8,384
    Thanked 30,158 Times in 18,867 Posts
    Supernatural

    and

    The Curse of Oak Island - season 5, episode 3

    and

    Black Mirror - season 1, episode 3

    and

    Star Trek Discovery - episodes 1 thru 3

  4. #9349
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    81,395
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    2,807
    Thanked 7,804 Times in 5,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Supernatural

    and

    The Curse of Oak Island - season 5, episode 3

    and

    Black Mirror - season 1, episode 3

    and

    Star Trek Discovery - episodes 1 thru 3
    I just watched episode 15 of Discovery, season ender.

    On the closing credits they used the original series closing music, complete with bongo drums and 60's style grooves.
    Brought back some cool memories and put a smile on my face.




    I don't know what to tell you about Discovery old chum...it does improve, but saying anything else with spoil it. I like the production values better than the story?

  5. #9350
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    81,395
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    2,807
    Thanked 7,804 Times in 5,450 Posts
    Electric Dreams episode 6 (with Bryan Cranston)

  6. #9351
    Not from a shithole country Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    172,924
    vCash
    1500
    Thanks
    8,384
    Thanked 30,158 Times in 18,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    I don't know what to tell you about Discovery old chum...it does improve, but saying anything else with spoil it. I like the production values better than the story?
    I've completed the first 3 episodes and I've watched about half of episode 4 and so far here are some of my complaints:

     

    A) This is supposed to be a prequel? That takes place roughly only 10 years before TOS? Absolutely EVERYTHING in this series looks far more advanced than anything in the original series or in TNG even. It's ridiculous. I understand special effects and budgets have come a long way, but at least make it look like a prequel or on par with what a starship looked like in TOS. I mean even the uniforms look nothing like TOS.
    B) The character of Michael Burnham. I could go on and on and on about what is wrong with this person.
    C) The Vulcans are now suddenly a 'shoot first and ask questions later' race? When did that happen because that's not cannon in ANY other Trek series.
    D) The Klingons look abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous. Again, they look humanoid in TOS, at least keep some continuity if you are going to be a prequel.
    E) There are aliens galore in the crew of Star Fleet? In TOS, the ONLY non-humans onboard a starship crew were Vulcans.
    F) I'm stopping here because I could keep going and I'm not even 4 full episodes in

  7. #9352
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    81,395
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    2,807
    Thanked 7,804 Times in 5,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    I've completed the first 3 episodes and I've watched about half of episode 4 and so far here are some of my complaints:

     

    A) This is supposed to be a prequel? That takes place roughly only 10 years before TOS? Absolutely EVERYTHING in this series looks far more advanced than anything in the original series or in TNG even. It's ridiculous. I understand special effects and budgets have come a long way, but at least make it look like a prequel or on par with what a starship looked like in TOS. I mean even the uniforms look nothing like TOS.
    B) The character of Michael Burnham. I could go on and on and on about what is wrong with this person.
    C) The Vulcans are now suddenly a 'shoot first and ask questions later' race? When did that happen because that's not cannon in ANY other Trek series.
    D) The Klingons look abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous. Again, they look humanoid in TOS, at least keep some continuity if you are going to be a prequel.
    E) There are aliens galore in the crew of Star Fleet? In TOS, the ONLY non-humans onboard a starship crew were Vulcans.
    F) I'm stopping here because I could keep going and I'm not even 4 full episodes in
    Oh myyy, where to start


     
    1. Burnham is/will be held responsible for the deaths of over 8000 Federation people.
    2. Burnham disobeyed her captain/friend and fought with her. Mutiny and assault with intent to cause bodily harm.
    3. (mild spoiler, but obvious progression) Burnham will get back on a ship and assume an officer's position once again.
    4. Did I mention she is the biggest mass murderer in history and mutinied against a federation Captain?

    5. The Klingons look like nuclear mutants in day glo disco outfits. The multi tribe idea is cool, but...


    The differences in the look and tech design are almost unavoidable. If you're a person who hates non-canonical ideas, you are going to blow a gasket with this series
    There's a certain type of tech coming up I think in episode 4 or 5, that will challenge everything from past Star Trek series.

    Phasers and communicators are old school

  8. #9353
    Not from a shithole country Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    172,924
    vCash
    1500
    Thanks
    8,384
    Thanked 30,158 Times in 18,867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal-9000 View Post
    Oh myyy, where to start


     
    1. Burnham is/will be held responsible for the deaths of over 8000 Federation people.
    2. Burnham disobeyed her captain/friend and fought with her. Mutiny and assault with intent to cause bodily harm.
    3. (mild spoiler, but obvious progression) Burnham will get back on a ship and assume an officer's position once again.
    4. Did I mention she is the biggest mass murderer in history and mutinied against a federation Captain?

    5. The Klingons look like nuclear mutants in day glo disco outfits. The multi tribe idea is cool, but...


    The differences in the look and tech design are almost unavoidable. If you're a person who hates non-canonical ideas, you are going to blow a gasket with this series
    There's a certain type of tech coming up I think in episode 4 or 5, that will challenge everything from past Star Trek series.

    Phasers and communicators are old school
     

    1) Yeah, already past where Burnham started the war with the Klingons and mutinied and got her captain killed and convicted of the crimes
    2) And now she's a crewman onboard the Discovery? Ohhhhh....it's because Star Fleet gave the Captain of the Discovery 'lattitude', that makes perfect sense
    3) Things like using the transporter to go from one area of the ship to the other? By bypassing the transporter room completely? Even Scotty in the TOS said that was something completely dangerous yet they have done it a few times now on Discovery like it's no big deal


    I know the difference in design is unavoidable because of the difference in effects and whatnot, but at least make an effort to keep some kind of continuity in design seeing how you are supposed to be a prequel that happens only 10 years prior to TOS. Don't make it look completely futuristic FFS

    And 'black alert'? Really?

  9. #9354
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    81,395
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    2,807
    Thanked 7,804 Times in 5,450 Posts
    The rest of Electric Dreams

    There were a lot of episodes that seemed to take ideas right from our current headlines

  10. #9355
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    81,395
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    2,807
    Thanked 7,804 Times in 5,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
     

    1) Yeah, already past where Burnham started the war with the Klingons and mutinied and got her captain killed and convicted of the crimes
    2) And now she's a crewman onboard the Discovery? Ohhhhh....it's because Star Fleet gave the Captain of the Discovery 'lattitude', that makes perfect sense
    3) Things like using the transporter to go from one area of the ship to the other? By bypassing the transporter room completely? Even Scotty in the TOS said that was something completely dangerous yet they have done it a few times now on Discovery like it's no big deal


    I know the difference in design is unavoidable because of the difference in effects and whatnot, but at least make an effort to keep some kind of continuity in design seeing how you are supposed to be a prequel that happens only 10 years prior to TOS. Don't make it look completely futuristic FFS

    And 'black alert'? Really?
    Wait until you get to the Klingon Lives Matter part

  11. #9356
    Not from a shithole country Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    172,924
    vCash
    1500
    Thanks
    8,384
    Thanked 30,158 Times in 18,867 Posts
    Shark Tank

    and

    The Curse of Oak Island - season 5, episode 5

  12. #9357
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    81,395
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    2,807
    Thanked 7,804 Times in 5,450 Posts
    The Alienist

    Homeland

  13. #9358
    #MAGA PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    57,580
    vCash
    4166
    Thanks
    25,412
    Thanked 16,177 Times in 9,455 Posts
    Finished Altered Carbon, last episode was pretty dark. I think I'll be watching this series again.






  14. #9359
    Not from a shithole country Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    5280' Above Sea Level
    Posts
    172,924
    vCash
    1500
    Thanks
    8,384
    Thanked 30,158 Times in 18,867 Posts
    The Curse of Oak Island - season 5, episode 6

  15. #9360
    transracial Hal-9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Discovery
    Posts
    81,395
    vCash
    0
    Thanks
    2,807
    Thanked 7,804 Times in 5,450 Posts
    Little comment on Homeland..

    The first two seasons were some of the best TV I've watched

    The last couple of seasons really haven't been the same

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •