Page 859 of 929 FirstFirst ... 359 759 809 849 857 858 859 860 861 869 909 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 13927

Thread: What's the last TV show you watched?

Basement Dweller
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,339 Times in 9,470 Posts
    Anatomy of a Scandal - Netflix

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12748084/

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Star Trek Voyager - season 6, episode 16

and

Master Chef Jr

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Headspace Guide to Sleep
    Kept me up all night

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    NCIS

and

The Last Kingdom - season 5, episode 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Outer Range e2

This show's weird as all hell.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    NCIS Hawaii

and

Condor - season 2, episode 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Halo ep5
    Moon Knight ep4
    Picard s2 ep8

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    moon knight ep 4... i am so confused

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    moon knight ep 4... i am so confused
    Where'd you get lost?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Halo

and

The Curse of Oak Island

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Where'd you get lost?

as someone that doesn't know anything about the moon knight or the comics (or read spoilers or summaries ), i'm trying to figure out what part of it was real, looking forward to the last two episodes

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post

as someone that doesn't know anything about the moon knight or the comics (or read spoilers or summaries ), i'm trying to figure out what part of it was real, looking forward to the last two episodes

long story: Marc Spector has Disassociative Identity Disorder. In the comics, he has three distinct non-superhero personalities: Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley. The Superhero personalities bestowed by the Egyptian God Khonshu are Mr, Knight and Moon Knight. In the TV show, we have yet to meet Jake Lockley, although he was probably responsible for killing the two Egyptian guys in Ep 3 (recall neither Marc nor Steven knew what happened before throwing the kid off of the cliff at the urging of Khonshu). I'm thinking Jake was in the standing red sarcophagus at the end of episode 4... the one that was shaking but they left it alone. In the TV show, Mr. Knight is 'the suit' that Steven 'calls' while Moon Knight is 'the suit' that Marc 'calls', but they're separate identities in the comics. The 'suits' are the powers that Khonshu bestows upon Marc/Steven to enact Khonshu's will. Marc (the main identity in the comics... not quite sure who the main is in the TV show yet) was on a mercenary mission and died (along with Layla's father... don't know who killed them yet) and Khonshu brought him back to life as Khonshu's avatar. The Egyptian gods have left the Earth 616 dimension and are in their own pocket dimension. They do not come to Earth 616. They do not wish to intervene in human affairs for some odd reason, and subsequently, they enlist human avatars to be their eyes and ears in Earth 616. They operate as observers only, except for Khonshu and Ahmet. Ahmet is the Egyptian god of the afterlife that judges the souls of those that died. Ahmet was bound by the other gods long ago and uses Harrow as her avatar today. She wants to break out of her binding and judge all living beings on Earth, which would effectively kill everybody. She has the power to see the future of a person and judges on whether or not it's in their future to do wrong. Khonshu is a god of vengeance, he waits until a human does wrong than exacts his wrath upon them. The other gods don't really like Khonshu a whole lot. They bound him for a) calling their meeting and b) altering the sky to find the tomb where Ahmet's "idol" was hidden. People could see both of these acts and it exposed the gods so after warning him the first time, they bound Khonshu the second time.

Harrow shot Marc twice in the last episode, and he was in his own head. I don't know if Marc died per se, but the talking Hippo is an Egyptian goddess named Taweret, who is apparently an ally of Khonshu's and I think has come to draw Marc/Steven back into the world or resurrect him if he actually died. Kinda trippy, and if you enjoyed that, you should watch the tv series Legion.

Layla's Marc's wife/ex-wife. She doesn't exist in the comics. She's actually a fusion of several different characters in the comics.

I'm thinking all of it is real except for the head space stuff at the end of episode 4. It's kinda real, but it's in Marc's head.

That's all I'm gonna give you right now. If you have questions on specifics or things I didn't mention, let me know.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You - season 3, episode 3

and

Master Chef Jr

and

La Brea - season 1, episode 9

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

long story: Marc Spector has Disassociative Identity Disorder. In the comics, he has three distinct non-superhero personalities: Marc Spector, Steven Grant, and Jake Lockley. The Superhero personalities bestowed by the Egyptian God Khonshu are Mr, Knight and Moon Knight. In the TV show, we have yet to meet Jake Lockley, although he was probably responsible for killing the two Egyptian guys in Ep 3 (recall neither Marc nor Steven knew what happened before throwing the kid off of the cliff at the urging of Khonshu). I'm thinking Jake was in the standing red sarcophagus at the end of episode 4... the one that was shaking but they left it alone. In the TV show, Mr. Knight is 'the suit' that Steven 'calls' while Moon Knight is 'the suit' that Marc 'calls', but they're separate identities in the comics. The 'suits' are the powers that Khonshu bestows upon Marc/Steven to enact Khonshu's will. Marc (the main identity in the comics... not quite sure who the main is in the TV show yet) was on a mercenary mission and died (along with Layla's father... don't know who killed them yet) and Khonshu brought him back to life as Khonshu's avatar. The Egyptian gods have left the Earth 616 dimension and are in their own pocket dimension. They do not come to Earth 616. They do not wish to intervene in human affairs for some odd reason, and subsequently, they enlist human avatars to be their eyes and ears in Earth 616. They operate as observers only, except for Khonshu and Ahmet. Ahmet is the Egyptian god of the afterlife that judges the souls of those that died. Ahmet was bound by the other gods long ago and uses Harrow as her avatar today. She wants to break out of her binding and judge all living beings on Earth, which would effectively kill everybody. She has the power to see the future of a person and judges on whether or not it's in their future to do wrong. Khonshu is a god of vengeance, he waits until a human does wrong than exacts his wrath upon them. The other gods don't really like Khonshu a whole lot. They bound him for a) calling their meeting and b) altering the sky to find the tomb where Ahmet's "idol" was hidden. People could see both of these acts and it exposed the gods so after warning him the first time, they bound Khonshu the second time.

Harrow shot Marc twice in the last episode, and he was in his own head. I don't know if Marc died per se, but the talking Hippo is an Egyptian goddess named Taweret, who is apparently an ally of Khonshu's and I think has come to draw Marc/Steven back into the world or resurrect him if he actually died. Kinda trippy, and if you enjoyed that, you should watch the tv series Legion.

Layla's Marc's wife/ex-wife. She doesn't exist in the comics. She's actually a fusion of several different characters in the comics.

I'm thinking all of it is real except for the head space stuff at the end of episode 4. It's kinda real, but it's in Marc's head.

That's all I'm gonna give you right now. If you have questions on specifics or things I didn't mention, let me know.

i have pieced together (only from the show) that there must be at least a third identity, i interpreted the third sarcophagus the same as you did without having knowledge up front. i am really liking the show, much more than i expected having no knowledge of it going into it. way better than the falcon/winter soldier imo. i am also liking that this one is somewhat stand alone (to this point) from the rest of the marvel universe, you don't have to be up to date on the things in the other shows/movies to enjoy it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Star Trek Voyager - season 6, episodes 17 thru 19

and

The Last Kingdom - season 5, episode 2

and

That Dirty Black Bag