#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Strange ‘Cock-up’ as three giant stone penises stolen from shop [LSFW]

Siba Jackson for Metro.co.uk

A CCTV ‘cock-up’ has left cops facing a hard job trying to find the culprit behind this crime.

Three giant penis-shaped garden ornaments have been snatched from a shop which hit the headlines after the owner refused to remove one of the ‘obscene’ statues from his window display.

Jason Hadlow, 58, owner of Simply Dutch in Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire, was forced to look on as his beloved 4ft masonry manhood was seized in 2010 following complaints from the public.

But the defiant businessman declined to pay the £80 fine to have the stone sculpture returned to him – and instead ordered 150 more from Indonesia.

The incident led to him launching the ‘Free Willy’ campaign – with pictures of concrete penises appearing online in various locations.

North Yorkshire Police eventually bowed to pressure and released the statue to the shop.

But now, 11 years later, the final three ornaments were stolen around 10pm on Monday night.

The thieves also took five cast iron stags and five concrete dogs, said Jason, who lives in the town of Yarm.

‘I can’t believe anyone would want to steal some concrete willys!’ the shop owner said.

‘It’s the end of an era. They were sentimental to me. It was a big story at the time.

‘I’ll probably not see anything like them again.

‘I’m a bit sad but ultimately we weren’t selling them.

‘I hope they will get some use out of them, I can’t imagine what.’

The statues – often used as bollards or water foundations – had ‘fallen out of favour’ over the years.

Jason, who has run the shop for 20 years, said he kept the statues for their sentimental value.

‘Back in 2010 we used to sell them, they were popular. We had three different sizes,’ he told TeesideLive.

‘I had them in the window at the time. Somebody complained it was offensive.

‘They sort of waned in popularity. I sold loads for a few years and we were left with a few. They made their way to the end of the yard.

‘If anybody is offered a metre-high concrete penis or a full-size cast iron stag I’d be really appreciative if people could contact the police or alternately the shop, in strictest confidence.’

Jason said CCTV footage managed to capture the thieves – but they could not be identified due to poor light conditions.

He added: ‘We should have had night vision out there, frankly we cocked up!’

North Yorkshire Police said they have not yet made any arrests.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts