#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Weird Meet Shauna Rae, a 22-Year-Old Woman Stuck In an 8-Year-Old’s Body

Oddity Central

After surviving brain cancer as a child, 22-year-old Shauna Rae’ growth was stunted and she is now a young woman stuck in the body of an 8-year-old.

Shauna Rae was diagnosed with brain cancer when she was only 6 months old and underwent chemotherapy treatment that saved her life but also caused damage to her pituitary gland, which caused her to stop growing. Although there is no conclusive evidence that chemotherapy caused the severe deformation of Shauna’s pituitary gland, the cancer treatment has been known to occasionally cause endocrine problems in patients. But the young woman managed to get over her problem, and despite looking like a child, she longs to be treated as an adult.

“If you were to look at me, you would think I’m just a normal little girl doing normal little girl things with my fun, crazy family,” the star of TLC’s new docuseries I Am Shauna Rae explained in a recently released trailer. “But the truth is: I’m not a little girl. I’m a woman, a 22-year-old woman stuck in the body of an 8-year-old. Even though physically I can’t grow up, I desperately want to be treated like a grown-up. I am working on my independence.”

Shauna’s show is set to premiere on January 11, 2021, on TLC, and features her everyday struggles, focusing on her attempt to live like an adult while looking like a child. Things like drinking at a bar, getting a tattoo, or going on a blind date are much more of a challenge than the average person can imagine.

Seeing as this is a TLC series, it’s probably too optimistic to expect a science-based look at her cancer-induced condition. It’s probably going to be more sensationalist than anything else, but even so, I’d say Shauna’s case is intriguing enough to at least give the first episode a try.

Shauna’s story isn’t unique. A few years back, we wrote about Zhu Shengkai, a 34-year-old man who suffered a head injury as a child and remained stuck in the body of a preteen, and then there was the case of 23-year-old Tomislav Jurčec who looked half his age because of problems with his pituitary gland.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    i was listening to anthony jeselnik's podcast and they discussed her... fucking hilarious

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    I don't think she'll have trouble finding a suitor

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 Times in 4,207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    One trip to the White House would do it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (12-26-2021), Griffin (12-25-2021), PorkChopSandwiches (01-04-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    'but i swear she is of age officer!'

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (12-26-2021), lost in melb. (12-26-2021), PorkChopSandwiches (01-30-2023)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    she'll make some pedophile very happy

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    One trip to the White House would do it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    she'll make some pedophile very happy
    I have no doubt it it'll be a pedophile.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    Honestly, if this was you, what would you even do to find a partner other than trying to find someone to date with a similar condition? Anything else and you'd probably forever have it in the back of your mind that they were a creep no matter how great they were. You family and friends would surely be suspect of them too even if you weren't.
    Last edited by Godfather; 12-28-2021 at 02:55 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godfather For This Useful Post:

KevinD (12-28-2021), lost in melb. (12-28-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    i would do a tv show to advertise i am of age and try to bang as many sickos as possible

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Honestly, if this was you, what would you even do to find a partner other than trying to find someone to date with a similar condition? Anything else and you'd probably forever have it in the back of your mind that they were a creep no matter how great they were. You family and friends would surely be suspect of them too even if you weren't.
    Or embrace the fetish for the right guy. Lots of people have sexual fetishes without it being unhealthy.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

KevinD (12-28-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RBP View Post
    Or embrace the fetish for the right guy. Lots of people have sexual fetishes without it being unhealthy.
    Fair enough

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

RBP (12-28-2021)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    At least she still has her life.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

KevinD (12-28-2021)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

I’m dating a 23-year-old woman who looks like an 8-year-old girl — I’m not a creep

By Andrew Court - New York Post

A hunky travel blogger has hit back at claims he is “creepy” for dating a 23-year-old woman who looks like an 8-year-old girl.

Dan Swygart, 26, recently began romancing reality star Shauna Rae, whose growth was stunted due to treatment she received as a child for brain cancer. Rae — who weighs 50 pounds and is 3 feet 10 innches tall — is the subject of the TLC reality series “I Am Shauna Rae.”

Swygart recently shared several snaps with Rae on Instagram, before posting a video to the social media site vehemently defending their connection. It’s long been a struggle for Rae to date, with the pint-size personality previously telling The Post that she’s underestimated and excluded because of her appearance.

In his clip, Swygart revealed that he reached out to Rae with flowers after seeing the first season of her show. The pair soon met in person and went on several dates together.

“It’s very important to remember that Shauna is an incredible 23-year-old woman who has a disability,” he explained. “So as you are building a connection with her, it’s important to acknowledge her disability and look past that and build it with who she is as an individual.”

Swygart continued: “As soon as you say that she can’t have a real-world connection with someone else, you dehumanize her. She is a human being. She deserves to have relationships and connections with whoever she wants.”

Swygart — who hails from the UK — appears in the second season of “I Am Shauna Rae,” where he is seen forging a connection with the pint-size star.

But the Brit has been blasted by viewers, with someone saying he is “sick” for thinking of Rae as a legitimate love interest.

“Yes, she is 23, but she looks and talks like an 8-year-old. She also does not act like a mature woman. She is childlike,” one critic claimed, according to the Mirror.

A post shared by on

“If any man or woman can honestly say that they can see her as a ‘sexual woman,’ they are either lying or sick. PERIOD,” another allegedly stated, while a third described him as “creepy.”

Last year, Rae spoke with The Post about her reality show and how she’s constantly underestimated because she looks like a young girl.

“If you look at me, you see an 8-year-old,” she stated. “But I think if you take the time to look at the details in my face, in my hands, the maturity in my body — and I think if you take the time to actually talk to me — you really understand that I’m a 23-year-old.”

Her romance with Swygart is currently up in the air, however, with the travel blogger recently returning to his home in the UK while Rae remains residing on Long Island.

“I haven’t actually really thought about if Dan and I were in a relationship and how that would look,” she stated on the show. “I assume that we would probably try long-distance, but I’ve been in a long-distance relationship. It’s not my cup of tea.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure how not to feel incredibly suspect