Thread: Woman Who Made £37,000 A Week Selling Farts Hospitalised For Trying To Fart Too Much

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Shit Post Woman Who Made £37,000 A Week Selling Farts Hospitalised For Trying To Fart Too Much

Rebecca Shepherd - Lad Bible

A former reality star who made $200,000 (£148,000) from farting in jars has announced her retirement, after she was rushed to hospital for squeezing out one too many.

Steph Matto, 31, from Connecticut, recently found herself in A&E with symptoms of a 'heart attack' after experiencing shooting pains in her chest.

Concerned doctors performed blood tests and an electrocardiogram (EKG/ECG) but later told the 90 Day Fiancé TV star that the symptoms were actually caused by excess gas from her frequent diet of beans, eggs and banana protein shakes.

Speaking about the moment she took ill, Steph said: "I thought I was having a stroke and that these were my final moments. I was overdoing it."

She began selling her farts in a jar in November last year, after receiving requests on the adult-content site Unfiltrd.

The unique product saw her rake in the cash at $1,000 (£740) per jar, though Steph offered a 50 percent discount during the festive period.

To keep up with demand – which saw her squeeze out up to 50 jars worth of farts a week – the self-proclaimed 'fartrepreneur' opted for a fibre-high diet, living off beans and eggs.

She later added protein shakes to the mix after discovering it made the farts smell worse.

Reliving the lead-up to the hospital visit, Steph said: "I remember within one day I had about three protein shakes and a huge bowl of black bean soup.

"I could tell that something was not right that evening when I was lying in bed and I could feel a pressure in my stomach moving upward.

"It was quite hard to breathe and every time I tried to breathe in I'd feel a pinching sensation around my heart. And that, of course, made my anxiety escalate.

"I actually called my friend and asked if they could come over to drive me to the hospital because I thought I was experiencing a heart attack.

"I ended up going to the hospital that evening. I didn't tell my doctors about the farting in the jar but I did tell them about my diet.

"It was made clear that what I was experiencing wasn't a stroke or heart attack but very intense gas pains.

"I was advised to change my diet and to take a gas suppressant medication, which has effectively ended my business."

During her two-month venture, reality star Steph worked every day to keep up with demand and says the key to smellier gas is banana protein shakes.

Steph said: "I decided to do it on a whim after people requested it a few times. As luck would have it, once I put the jars up for sale they began to sell like hotcakes.

"I honestly could not believe the demand. I think a lot of people have this fetish in secret.

"I began this venture by eating mostly protein muffins, shakes, and also hard-boiled eggs. Since then I've decided to branch out a little bit and try some new recipes to keep it exciting.

"I have been loving black bean salad, onion, ham and pepper omelettes, and I have been making a really great protein smoothie with lots of banana.

"I think that certain foods produce better smelling farts, so I usually tend to go with the smoothies as opposed to things such as cabbage and eggs."

Despite the financial success, the reception to her unique business venture has been divided.

Steph said: "I have a lot of people praising me, calling me a girl boss, telling me that I inspire them to be unashamed of who they are and what they do.

"But on the other end I have been getting a ton of negativity. I have even received death threats, people telling me I should end my life, and so on.

"I try my best to not react to these people and give them what they want, which is attention.

"In this day and age, we need to stop tearing people down for their choices.

"Especially if their choices are literally hurting no one."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (01-21-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Well that stinks.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    that's what you get for saturating the market

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts
    What a rotten career

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    to bad she survived

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (01-05-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Damn.. I was wanting to splurge on some egg farts for my birthday.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,095 Times in 59,906 Posts

Update Woman who went viral for selling farts in jars reveals she's found love with fan

By Christine Younan, Senior Lifestyle and Travel Reporter - Daily Star

An influencer who went viral for earning a living from selling her farts has revealed some details of her love life.

Steph Matto, 31, earned around £147,000 ($200,000) from farting in jars before being hospitalised as she squeezed out one too many.

Recently she found herself in A&E with symptoms of a "heart attack" when she felt shooting pains in her chest.

But now it seems as though things are looking up for the influencer after sharing details of her life in the romance department.

She revealed she might have "found love" with a fan who sat near her on a plane and offered to take snaps of her with champagne.

The star was flying to Turks and Caicos when she met the mystery fella.

On Instagram, she called the getaway a "necessary little escape" but now could be on her way to LA with extra luggage.

She told the Metro: "I'm actually in Turks and Caicos with somebody really special right now, who I met through this fart jar thing.

"I got on my flight, I'm sitting in business class and I have my mask on.

"The person next to me keeps glancing over and I'm trying to show that I'm smiling because he can't see that I'm smiling."

She continued: "So we get our champagne right before we're about to take off.

"I take my mask off as I'm about to have a drink and take a picture of myself.

"He's like, 'Oh you want me to take a better picture? I can take it from a higher angle'."

The next thing you know the man asked Steph if she was an influencer.

She continued: "Basically he knew the whole story, he's been following the whole story online.

"He's very aware that I'm 'fart jar girl' and we were basically talking about fart jars the whole entire time.

"I feel like fart jars have found me love. It's honestly like I'm living in a twilight zone right now because it just feels surreal.

"I'm with [him] now, I'm leaving tomorrow and supposed to be flying to LA and I think he actually might be coming with me."

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,558 Times in 5,209 Posts
    That boy's going directly to the source.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    My man

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    Well that stinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    that's what you get for saturating the market
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    What a rotten career
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    That boy's going directly to the source.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.