Thread: Fans cause #SaveAgentsOfSHIELD to trend as they call for the characters to return to the MCU

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts

Fanboy Fans cause #SaveAgentsOfSHIELD to trend as they call for the characters to return to the MCU

BY GAIUS BOLLING - JoBlo

Fans are attempting to get Marvel to notice that they what the characters of Agents of S.H.I.E.LD. to be brought back into the MCU and they are doing so by making #SaveAgentsOfSHIELD to trend on social media. The Twitter movement has steadily been growing and it has even caught the attention of Ming-Na Wen, who played Melinda May in the series.

Before Disney+ gave us Marvel shows like WandaVision or Hawkeye, Marvel’s first move into television occurred with ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which premiered in 2013. The series followed S.H.I.E.LD. agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and his new team as they embarked on missions within the MCU. Early seasons held some connections to the broader MCU but the show really hit its stride when it began to drift away from those connections by forging its own path. Because of this, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s place within the MCU canon has been called into question, especially after shows like WandaVision and Hawkeye appeared to retcon parts of the series. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ended with little reference to the events of Avengers: Endgame and, during its seventh season, the show featured its own time travel story and overall view of the MCU’s history.

It’s unclear if Marvel wants to revive anything regarding Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but that hasn’t stopped fans from getting them to try. The hashtag “Save Agents of SHIELD” began trending on Twitter as fans flooded the platform with calls for Marvel to bring the characters back into the MCU. The movement is part of a concentrated effort to get the topic trending as another event is planned for today to make the trend grow even more. You can check out some of the tweets below!

As some of the tweets noted, the call isn’t for a season 8 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or a reboot, they simply want the characters and actors to be used in the MCU if they are to be reintroduced. This is something that is currently going on with characters from Netflix’s Marvel series, Daredevil. Now that Marvel has the rights to those characters again, Charlie Cox was allowed to appear as Matt Murdock in Spider-Man: No Way Home and Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin was allowed to return on Disney+’s Hawkeye. Ming-Na Wen, who played agent Melinda May during the entire run of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., took notice of the social media movement and said she supports the new trend. Wen told “Deadline“, “I love that our small fanbase is getting bigger and bigger, because I think people are starting to rewatch all the episodes and realizing what a wonderful series it was and I love fans and the fans’ reactions.” Wen was also asked if she would support a revival of any kind and she said, “Fingers crossed. Who knows?”

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    i never watched this one and i feel like i didn't miss anything

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,892 Times in 11,967 Posts
    It was ok. Somewhat fun, but not nearly as good as Netflix's Daredevil.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    I loved this series. It had a few rough spots, but I think overall it was really good.