#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,103 Times in 59,908 Posts

Stupid Sinema Censured By AZ Dem Party For Defending Filibuster

By Frank Camp - The Daily Wire

On Saturday, the Arizona Democratic Party executive committee voted to censure Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) following her defense of the Senate filibuster.

In a statement regarding the censure, state party chair Raquel Terán condemned Sinema. “I want to be clear, the Arizona Democratic Party is a diverse coalition with plenty of room for policy disagreements,” Terán said before stating that voting rights are more important than the “archaic” filibuster.

Terán continued, making claims about the state of Arizona’s alleged voting restrictions, and adding that 19 states have passed voting laws disapproved of by many on the Left.

She continued:

As a party, our job is to support our Democratic candidates, and we appreciate Senator Sinema’s leadership in passing the American Rescue Plan and the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. However, we are also here to advocate for our constituents and the ramifications of failing to pass federal legislation that protects their right to vote are too large and far-reaching. While we take no pleasure in this announcement, the ADP Executive Board has decided to formally censure Senator Sinema as a result of her failure to do whatever it takes to ensure the health of our democracy.

Sinema has not responded to the censure as of publication of this article.

On January 13, Sinema gave a speech on the floor of the Senate expressing her position on the filibuster, effectively killing any chance that the Democratic Party’s voting bills would pass.

After castigating the laws in various states that she claims would “make it more difficult for Americans to vote,” and voicing her support for the two Democratic voting bills — the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act — Sinema said that she would “not support separate actions that worsen the underlying disease of division infecting our country.”

“There is no need for me to restate my long-standing support for the 60-vote threshold to pass legislation,” Sinema said. “There’s no need for me to restate its role protecting our country from wild reversals in federal policy. It is a view I have held during my years serving in both the U.S. House and the Senate, and it is the view I continue to hold. It is the belief that I have shared many times in public settings and in private settings.”

Sinema continued, noting that the 60-vote filibuster threshold can be “maddening,” but that it serves as a “guardrail” that “ensures that millions of Americans represented by the minority party have a voice in the process…”

After calling on Republicans to “protect access to voting,” Sinema reiterated her longstanding position on our republic: “The dangers facing our democracy took years to metastasize. And they will take years of sustained, focused effort to effectively reverse.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Time to dump the party, Kyrsten.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (01-24-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Release the unredacted results of the audit and put a stop to this shit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Unreal.. vote the bloc or face destruction.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (01-25-2022), PorkChopSandwiches (01-25-2022), Teh One Who Knocks (01-25-2022)