Thread: PA school district apologizes after teacher caught taping mask to student’s face

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,096 Times in 59,906 Posts

WTF PA school district apologizes after teacher caught taping mask to student’s face

By Kenneth Garger - New York Post

A Pennsylvania middle school teacher was seen in a now-viral classroom photograph taping a mask to a student’s face – drawing outrage from the community and forcing the district to issue an apology.

The incident took place at Pennfield Middle School in Hatfield and a picture that captured it was shared Monday on Facebook by a group called “North Penn Stronger Together.”

“Pro-mask or anti-mask, I hope we can all agree that taping masks to children’s faces crosses the LINE. This was not a joke for the child or the parents,” the post said.

The group urged the North Penn School District to take action and encouraged community members to voice their opinion at a Thursday night school board meeting.

Those commenting on the post were furious – calling for the teacher to be fired.

In a Wednesday statement obtained by The Philadelphia Inquirer, the school apologized and said the ordeal was “being addressed with the” teacher.

“After an immediate investigation, it was determined that while the incident was isolated and no malice was intended, the actions of the teacher were entirely inappropriate and unacceptable, no matter the context,” the statement said.

It wasn’t immediately clear if the teacher would face disciplinary action.

The student’s mother broke her silence in a Thursday statement to North Penn Now – saying the situation has devolved into her “worst nightmare.”

The mother, who remained anonymous, said in the statement that she never wanted the photo to gain national attention and had only agreed to share it with a local private group to garner support ahead of the board meeting.

“Certain individuals felt compelled to take matters into their own hands, including contacting local authorities and disseminating this image of my son to various media outlets,” the mother fumed.

“While I appreciate parents and groups alike coming to our defense, as stated above, what this has evolved into is exactly what I wanted to avoid.”

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    The student’s mother broke her silence in a Thursday statement to North Penn Now – saying the situation has devolved into her “worst nightmare.”

The mother, who remained anonymous, said in the statement that she never wanted the photo to gain national attention and had only agreed to share it with a local private group to garner support ahead of the board meeting.

“Certain individuals felt compelled to take matters into their own hands, including contacting local authorities and disseminating this image of my son to various media outlets,” the mother fumed.

“While I appreciate parents and groups alike coming to our defense, as stated above, what this has evolved into is exactly what I wanted to avoid.”
    Shitty thing to get famous for, Mom.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,561 Times in 5,212 Posts
    My French teacher once tied me to my chair with my jumper

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,023 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    did you have a safe word?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

perrhaps (01-22-2022), PorkChopSandwiches (01-24-2022), RBP (01-22-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    that sounds gay

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    that sounds gay
    Well he did say he really wanted high heel knee high boots that some dude was wearing in the gif thread.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    story checks out