There was a really old school text based NFL computer game from back in the 80's (late 80's?) that came on 5-1/4" floppies and was at the minimum available for the Commodore 64, as that's the computer I had when I was in high school. It had current teams, classic teams, and I think it might have even had some college teams in it. You could play any team against any other team and it was completely text based. You would pick the play and the computer (playing the other team) would use some algorithm (probably something as simple as random number generator based) to say what the outcome of the play was. You could play games like the 1940 Detroit Lions against the 1972 Miami Dolphins and the game used the actual names of the players on the teams at the time. The only thing was that there were no graphics, just 100% text based. This may have been before the NFL was worried about licensing issues with player names and team names, but I'm not 100% sure about that. It may have been an NFL sanctioned game, but then again, it might not have been.

Does anyone remember this? I'm trying to find what the name of the game was and I am just comin up with absolutely nothing.