Thread: Democrat US House candidate under fire for alleged boozy, profanity-laced tirade at pre-teen slumber party

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts

Oops Democrat US House candidate under fire for alleged boozy, profanity-laced tirade at pre-teen slumber party

By Adam Sabes | Fox News

An Oklahoma Democrat congressional candidate is under fire for allegedly verbally attacking several pre-teen girls while at the home of a friend who was hosting a sleepover with multiple middle school girls present.

Abby Broyles, a candidate for Oklahoma's 5th Congressional District, went to the friend's house on Feb. 11 and became more and more aggressive as she continued to drink wine throughout the night, according to NonDoc.com.

The report states that Broyles insulted the girls attending the sleepover after becoming intoxicated, according to multiple people interviewed by the news outlet, who said that she allegedly said one girl was an "acne f--ker," and hurled multiple insults at other young girls as well.

"Hispanic f--ker," she allegedly said to one girl, and "judgy f--ker," to another.

One of the young girls left the room in tears after being insulted by Boyles, according to the report.

Broyles also allegedly vomited into a laundry basket as well as a girl's shoe, according to the report.

When asked by NonDoc if she had gone to the house where the event allegedly occurred, she denied any involvement and called the allegations "awful and false."

"I saw the tweets. I have been out of town on a fundraising trip, and they are awful and offensive and false," Broyles said to the news outlet. "I mean, I get trolled on Twitter all the time, but I don’t know these women and I don’t know what is behind this, but it’s just not true."

Broyles added that the allegations could have been "cooked up," and suggested that the 12 and 13-year-old girl's mothers were using the allegations as a political attack against her.

"I’m running for office. You don’t think this is a political attack? You don’t think this is something they cooked up?" Broyles said.

Broyles also threatened to sue NonDoc, according to the report.

Sarah Matthews, a mother of one of the young girls who attended the sleepover, told KFOR that Broyles had insulted multiple girls at the party.

"She proceeded to tell me that Abby Broyles had been at the house and was very drunk and calling them all mfer’s, f’er this f’er that," Matthews said. "[Broyles] called somebody acne f’er, somebody Hispanic f’er, called my daughter judgey f’er for not wanting to sleep with a blanket that she cleaned up wine with."

However, in an interview with KFOR, Broyles admitted to going to the house where the sleepover took place. She said that her friend handed her a medication which gave her an "adverse reaction" causing her to hallucinate.

"She asked me to come over. She asked me to bring some wine. We had wine and sushi and a couple of hours later, we were upstairs in their theater room watching a movie," Broyles said. "For years I have struggled with stress and anxiety and insomnia. I took the bar exam on 2 hours of sleep. I mean, this is how far this goes back for me. And she knows that. And she gave me a medication I had never taken before. And I had an adverse reaction. Instead of helping me sleep, I hallucinated. And I don’t remember anything until I woke up or came to, and I was throwing up in a hamper."

During the interview, she apologized to the families of the young girls and had a message for people who think she's making excuses for her actions: "you don’t know me."

"I would never ever say anything hurtful. I’ve never, ever would say something hurtful like those things. And that’s why I know I was not in my right mind. I know that that’s what happened because of that combination of things. And I deeply, deeply regret it," Broyles said.

Broyles claimed that she was "misquoted" by NonDoc, and said she "never told them that I wasn’t there."

After the Editor-in-Chief of NonDoc.com played a recording of the conversation to KFOR, Broyles told the news outlet that she was "caught off guard" by the phone call. Fox News Digital also listened to the recorded interview between a NonDoc reporter and Broyles.

"That phone call was terrifying and caught me off guard. I remember hearing the accusations and just repeating ‘no, no, no’ and then hanging up. I was happy to be in the TikTok video with the girls which was obvious proof of my attendance," Broyles told KFOR.

Broyles did not respond to Fox News Digital.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-22-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,894 Times in 11,969 Posts
    If she was a Republican, she would be done.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (02-22-2022), RBP (02-22-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    she might still be

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

RBP (02-22-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 Times in 15,014 Posts
    We overlook the obvious criminals in government and instead crucify the fallible. It's backwards.
    I wanted to be a Monk, but I never got the chants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RBP For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (03-28-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 5,214 Posts
    She looks nasty a.f.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,110 Times in 59,910 Posts

Update Oklahoma Democrat ends campaign after insulting girls while drunk at sleepover

By Adam Sabes, Fox News

An Oklahoma Democrat who came under intense criticism for allegedly verbally attacking several pre-teen girls while at the home of a friend who was hosting a sleepover for the middle schoolers has ended her campaign.

Abby Broyles, a candidate for Oklahoma’s 5th Congressional District, went to a friend’s house on Feb. 11 and became increasingly aggressive as she continued to drink through the night, according to NonDoc.com, which first reported the story.

Broyles allegedly insulted the girls attending the sleepover after becoming intoxicated, according to multiple people interviewed by the news outlet, who said that she allegedly said one girl was an “acne f–ker,” and hurled multiple insults at other young girls as well.

“Hispanic f–ker,” she allegedly said to one girl, attending the sleepover and “judgy f–ker,” to another. Broyles also allegedly vomited into a laundry basket as well as a girl’s shoe, according to the report.

A press release on Thursday from Broyles’ team announced that she is withdrawing her candidacy for Oklahoma’s 5th Congressional District, citing a combination of factors, including “gerrymandering” and “recent events” and “salacious right-wing clickbait.”

“Shortly after Abby announced her candidacy for CD-5, the Republican legislature egregiously gerrymandered the new district to prevent any democrat from winning. That reality combined with recent events that turned Abby into salacious right-wing clickbait have led the Broyles campaign to make this difficult decision and Abby to focus on her mental health,” the press release states.

Broyles said that she regrets mixing alcohol and the sleeping medication.

“Last month, I made a mistake I deeply regret,” Broyles said. “As I admitted, I mixed alcohol and a medication I’d never taken before while under the same roof as a group of young women who looked up to me, and for that, I apologize from the bottom of my heart.”

She also states that a mother went to Twitter and the media after the sleepover and made statements that are “falsely accusatory.”

A post shared by on

“A mother whom I’ve never met, went to Twitter and the media 5 days later to make accusations that not only go against my core values and beliefs, but are falsely accusatory,” Broyles said.

Sarah Matthews, a mother of one of the young girls who attended the sleepover, told KFOR and NonDoc.com that Broyles had insulted multiple girls at the party.

Matthews was not present during the night of the sleepover, and another parent confirmed the account of Broyles’ actions based on information from her daughter to NonDoc.com. The homeowner of the house where the sleepover occurred also allegedly outlined and apologized for Broyles’ actions in text messages to multiple parents obtained by NonDoc.com.

Broyles initially denied the allegations when contacted by NonDoc.com and said that she was out of town, adding that the allegations were being “cooked up.” She also threatened to sue the news outlet.

“I saw the tweets. I have been out of town on a fundraising trip, and they are awful and offensive and false,” Broyles said to the news outlet. “I mean, I get trolled on Twitter all the time, but I don’t know these women and I don’t know what is behind this, but it’s just not true.”

“I’m running for office. You don’t think this is a political attack? You don’t think this is something they cooked up?” Broyles said.

In a follow-up interview with KFOR, Broyles claimed that she was “misquoted” by NonDoc and said she “never told them that I wasn’t there.”

After the editor-in-chief of NonDoc.com let KFOR listen to the phone call with Broyles, she said that she was “caught off guard” by the call. Fox News Digital also listened to the recorded interview between a NonDoc reporter and Broyles.

“That phone call was terrifying and caught me off guard. I remember hearing the accusations and just repeating ‘no, no, no’ and then hanging up. I was happy to be in the TikTok video with the girls, which was obvious proof of my attendance,” Broyles told KFOR.

Broyles’ posted a tweet on March 2nd stating that she wanted to kill herself, which was shortly after removed from Twitter. She said in the press release that she made an attempt to end her life that night.

“On the morning of March 2nd, I made the attempt to take my life, but thankfully, God had greater plans for me. I am currently undergoing mental health treatment for severe anxiety and dependency on alcohol to cope,” Broyles said.

The former Congressional candidate said that she will eventually make a return to politics.

“Once I work through my mental health challenges, I will be back to fight and protect our democracy, working alongside all of you – women, girls and working families alike. I’m making this promise to you: I will be back stronger than ever,” Broyles said.

Broyles also wrote a Medium post explaining much of her life story, including mental health issues that she has struggled with, stating that she should have sought help sooner before entering politics.

“I should have asked for help sooner before I wound up Twitter roadkill, especially before jumping into the cutthroat political arena. I was recruited to challenge longtime Senator Jim Inhofe because I was fairly well known, a young professional female, and a huge contrast in every way to the 85-year-old senator,” Broyles said.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,894 Times in 11,969 Posts

Yes, it's gerrymandering and Republican clickbait that made her get drunk and puke at a teens sleepover and terrorize a bunch of little girls and subsequently makes her need to be in psychological counseling.

She'll never get elected after this. Probably won't even get a double digit percentage in a primary.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (03-28-2022)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post

Yes, it's gerrymandering and Republican clickbait that made her get drunk and puke at a teens sleepover and terrorize a bunch of little girls and subsequently makes her need to be in psychological counseling.

She'll never get elected after this. Probably won't even get a double digit percentage in a primary.
    IDK, this is all the (D) favorite quality's