Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian military vehicles roll through outskirts of Donetsk after Putin orders troops into Ukraine

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-15-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

Woman who stormed onto Russian TV with anti-war placard 'goes missing' after protest

By Alahna Kindred, News Reporter - The Mirror

The brave woman who stormed a Russian TV news segment with an anti-war message has gone missing, according to reports.

Marina Ovsyannikova, an employee of state-controlled Channel One interrupted newsreader Ekaterina Andreeva last night as she was delivering her evening bulletin.

She jumped into the background with a placard warning viewings not to believe the "propaganda" being broadcast.

Marina was detained last night by police and as of this morning, her lawyers were unable to locate her, according to reports.

Marina is going to be charged with “publicly spreading knowingly false information about the Russian armed forces” and could face a sentence of up to 15 years in prison, the FT's Moscow Bureau chief Max Seddon tweeted this morning.

However, her location remains unclear.

Last night, Marina's placard read "stop the war, don't believe propaganda, they're lying to you."

Producers quickly scrambled to cut her off and flip to B-roll for the viewers at home.

Her message was written in Russian and English aimed at the channel's millions of viewers - but producers quickly switched the broadcast to a clip of a hospital as they dealt with the situation.

Before she stormed the news segment it appeared she recorded a video beforehand where she apologised for her work on Russian state TV and blamed Vladimir Putin for the war.

In the video, she said: "What's happening in Ukraine is a crime, and Russia is the aggressor. The responsibility for this aggression lies with one man: Vladimir Putin.

"My father is Ukrainian, my mother is Russian, and they were never enemies. This necklace [shows] Russia must stop this fratricidal war.

"Unfortunately, for the last few years, I've been working for Channel One. I've been doing Kremlin propaganda and I'm very ashamed of it – that I let people lie from TV screens and allowed the Russian people to be zombified.

"We didn't say anything in 2014 when it only just began. We didn't protest when the Kremlin poisoned Navalny. We just silently watched this inhuman regime.

"Now the whole world has turned away from us, and ten generations of our descendants won't wash off this fratricidal war."

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has praised Marina for her brave actions.

In a video shared on Telegra, Zelensky said: "I am grateful to those Russians who do not stop trying to convey the truth. To those who fight disinformation and tell the truth, real facts to their friends and loved ones."

He then addressed Marina directly and added: "To those who are not afraid to protest.

"As long as your country has not completely closed itself off from the whole world, turning into a very large North Korea, you must fight. You must not lose your chance."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (03-15-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks

'F****** idiot' Russians mocked by Ukrainian soldier for hapless shooting skills

By Adam Cailler - The Daily Star

Russian soldiers on the front line of the invasion into Ukraine have been slammed as *f***ing stupid" and “goofs”, by a Ukrainian battling to save his homeland.

Video footage emerged of what appears to be a clip from a documentary of Ukrainian soldiers being very blunt about what it's like fighting against the Russian invasion.

And in one clip, a soldier is filmed lying down among scrubland and snow, holding a gun of some kind, with yellow and blue tape on his helmet, being interview.

According to the translation, he said: “We are very lucky that they (the Russian soldiers) are so f*****g stupid.

“They're just goofs. Flying above us and shooting f**k knows where.”

While it is not clear exactly where in Ukraine the soldier is, he can be seen shaking his head to the sound of more Russian shelling explosions.

Another clip from the film shows him, along with other soldiers, filming the realities of the war using a drone controlled by an iPhone.

He added: “Every time we speak to our defenders, it became a tradition to hear about non-professionalism of the enemy.

“It seems that unsuitability is now a main characteristic of the Russian army.

“The enemy takes us by number, not even having the basic military skills.”

According to Ukrainian officials, around 1,300 soldiers have been killed since the invasion began last month, while Russia has so far failed to release it's casualty numbers.

However, Justin Bronk, research fellow at the UK’s Royal United Services Institute, told the Financial Times that the losses “are massively more than in any other recent conflict” including Georgia, Chechnya or Afghanistan in the 1980s

He added: “What we have seen on the ground is an extremely bad plan coupled with absolutely no warning to operational commanders they were about to throw their troops into operational combat which has created an enormous number of problems for them.”

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-16-2022), Muddy (03-15-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    We won't see her again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    We won't see her again.
    You don't have to be happy about it...smiling and waving

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I feel sorry for those Russian soldiers. They just thought they were going for training exercises and now they are ass end deep.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-15-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    You don't have to be happy about it...smiling and waving
    It probably wasn't the best smiley to use. I just typed in "wave" and forgot to check what it looks like

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (03-15-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I feel sorry for those Russian soldiers. They just thought they were going for training exercises and now they are ass end deep.
    I saw a story over the weekend that the Russians are going to be sending in "volunteers" to fight in Ukraine.

It probably wasn't the best smiley to use. I just typed in "wave" and forgot to check what it looks like

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

Godfather (03-16-2022), lost in melb. (03-15-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I saw a story over the weekend that the Russians are going to be sending in "volunteers" to fight in Ukraine.

And the alternative is...

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts

Chinese volunteers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Chinese volunteers.

They can spare a few peasants.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    I've seen many POW's claim this but I have to say I'm very skeptical.

I believe we have 1-2 veterans on here whomay put me in my place if I'm out to lunch, but how the hell do you believe you're on a 'training exercise' once you cross an international border fully armed? I think they're coached to spew that line if captured personally.

That said, I've seen some very delusional Russians interviewed on TV who clearly buy the Russian propaganda (not much else on TV unless you're young and can work a VPN I guess) so maybe I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Godfather; 03-16-2022 at 06:42 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,771 Times in 4,010 Posts
    "The owner, after the bombing, consoles the paralyzed dog with fear.#Irpin"