Thread: My current state of mind.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts

Woke My current state of mind.

Republicans are just as fucked as Democrats. They have an authoritarian rule and claim to be of higher moral authority and feel that it's their duty to tell / force you how to live your life. It's all driven by their Christian beliefs and the Bible. They're as crazy, bigoted, divisive, and spiteful as any other of the religious group out there. It's a religion of peace, as long as you're with them. I'm about fkn done with them. What a shame there are only 2 ways to vote.

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Exactly how do you figure the republicans are trying to control people's lives? Because of the forthcoming Roe v Wade decision? Do you even understand what it will mean if they do toss it out? Just by tossing that ruling from 1973 doesn't mean that abortion will be outlawed, unlike what the screaming blue hairs are trying to convince everyone. All it means is that the authority goes back to the states and the voters in each individual state, where it belongs. First, it was a bad decision and has absolutely no basis whatsoever to be found in the Constitution. Second, the federal government had absolutely no business sticking their nose in it to begin with. Any rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution are to be dealt with by the individual states, not the federal government. There are already several states (and I live in one of them) that have laws on the books that will allow abortion to proceed uninhibited. And yes, there will be states that will put restrictions on it to some degrees and some states may outright ban it. That is why we live in a federalist system, for the federal government to take care of the broad needs of the country while the states take care of the rest. And if the people living in a state don't like the laws that their legislators are passing, then those voters can toss them out on their ass at election time if they have enough votes to do so.

Under the law, tossing Roe v Wade is the right decision, whether people want to admit it or not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-28-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    The abortion thing is just one of the facets for me. As the books are written up to 20 some states will outlaw abortion just like Texas did if this turd rolls out. This Supreme court isn't done man. You have 4 or 5 hard core bible thumping Christians up in that bitch.

Deeper than that, In my world right now we have a new Republican Governor that in my opinion is working feverously eroding away our personal liberty and rights. I am a very big believer in personal freedom and the right to make decisions for myself. As bad as Governor Black face was, he definitely increased our ability to make decisions for ourselves ( minus the mask thing, but that was Federally driven and he just followed orders )

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Sorry, I'm wound tighter than dicks hat band right now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-05-2022)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,085 Times in 59,902 Posts
    Why be sorry? You have nothing to be sorry about. Opinions are completely allowed here and if you need to let off steam, that's allowed too.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-05-2022), lost in melb. (05-05-2022), Muddy (05-05-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,553 Times in 5,206 Posts
    I'm a lefty and don't know if I could stomach voting Dem (in theory dgx) in some states. Something is screwed and I hope you fix it. World still needs you USA.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-06-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    The abortion thing is just one of the facets for me. As the books are written up to 20 some states will outlaw abortion just like Texas did if this turd rolls out. This Supreme court isn't done man. You have 4 or 5 hard core bible thumping Christians up in that bitch.
    ... but no, not really. Amy Coney Barrett is probably the only hardcore religious person on the Supreme Court. She's definitely a devout Catholic, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But in my opinion, I haven't seen her vote on the basis of her religious beliefs. Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas have all proven to be more Constitutionally minded than anything else. I can't really say anything about Kavanaugh. He seems to be cut from the same cloth as some of the Neo-conservatives. He seems more political than he should be. Roberts is Roberts... he seems to swing the way his masters tell him to. Just my opinion but Kagan, Sotomayor, and Breyer don't really understand what their role is, or what the Constitution actually says. Again, this is all just my opinion.

Deeper than that, In my world right now we have a new Republican Governor that in my opinion is working feverously eroding away our personal liberty and rights.
    I'm not really paying attention to Youngkin right now, so you're gonna have to qualify your opinion with some examples of him trying to take away your rights. And don't forget, your governor still has a legislature to contend with.

I am a very big believer in personal freedom and the right to make decisions for myself.
    I'm right there with you, bro.

As bad as Governor Black face was, he definitely increased our ability to make decisions for ourselves ( minus the mask thing, but that was Federally driven and he just followed orders )
    Like how? As far as I could see, he wasn't much for upholding your Constitutional rights, nor pro-business.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, Muddy. I just want to try and understand your point of view.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

FBD (07-28-2022), KevinD (05-06-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,891 Times in 11,966 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    I'm a lefty and don't know if I could stomach voting Dem (in theory dgx) in some states. Something is screwed and I hope you fix it. World still needs you USA.
    Believe it or not, my entire family (including me) was once solidly Democrat. The party has gone down a really dark rabbit-hole that I just cannot in good conscience follow.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (05-06-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,740 Times in 4,205 Posts
    As far as Roe v Wade goes, I think they should just leave it alone. It's been on the books, debated repeatedly for 50 years. Most of us have lived with it all our lives.

Regarding the religion in politics, I do cringe sometimes when the party sounds more like the church than the government, I don't think it's good for the future of the party but I also think that the ultra religious are more the exception than the rule.

And controlling peoples lives? Stripping rights and freedoms? Without specific examples I'm not seeing it, For the most part I see the Republican party pushing to shrink big government and give the control and freedoms back to the states and the people, It's the Democrats that have been trying to control more and more of our daily lives and stripping freedoms.

If you have examples of what you mean of the Right pushing for authoritarian rule, I'd likely agree with you that it's wrong.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pony For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (05-09-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    ... but no, not really. Amy Coney Barrett is probably the only hardcore religious person on the Supreme Court. She's definitely a devout Catholic, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But in my opinion, I haven't seen her vote on the basis of her religious beliefs. Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas have all proven to be more Constitutionally minded than anything else. I can't really say anything about Kavanaugh. He seems to be cut from the same cloth as some of the Neo-conservatives. He seems more political than he should be. Roberts is Roberts... he seems to swing the way his masters tell him to. Just my opinion but Kagan, Sotomayor, and Breyer don't really understand what their role is, or what the Constitution actually says. Again, this is all just my opinion.

I'm not really paying attention to Youngkin right now, so you're gonna have to qualify your opinion with some examples of him trying to take away your rights. And don't forget, your governor still has a legislature to contend with.

I'm right there with you, bro.

Like how? As far as I could see, he wasn't much for upholding your Constitutional rights, nor pro-business.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, Muddy. I just want to try and understand your point of view.
    I'll reply when I can, I'm crazy busy today and just wanted to pop in for a few. Agreed, no fight intended.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-06-2022), KevinD (05-06-2022), RBP (05-07-2022)

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,254 Times in 16,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    As far as Roe v Wade goes, I think they should just leave it alone. It's been on the books, debated repeatedly for 50 years. Most of us have lived with it all our lives.

Regarding the religion in politics, I do cringe sometimes when the party sounds more like the church than the government, I don't think it's good for the future of the party but I also think that the ultra religious are more the exception than the rule.

And controlling peoples lives? Stripping rights and freedoms? Without specific examples I'm not seeing it, For the most part I see the Republican party pushing to shrink big government and give the control and freedoms back to the states and the people, It's the Democrats that have been trying to control more and more of our daily lives and stripping freedoms.

If you have examples of what you mean of the Right pushing for authoritarian rule, I'd likely agree with you that it's wrong.
    I agree with this, its been in place. Just leave it alone. Although I am also a fan of letting the states run themselves, and keep the fed out of the internals of the country's and focus on outside our borders.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Pony (05-09-2022)

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkChopSandwiches View Post
    I agree with this, its been in place. Just leave it alone. Although I am also a fan of letting the states run themselves, and keep the fed out of the internals of the country's and focus on outside our borders.
    I vehemently disagree with letting transgressions stand merely because some amount of time has passed. I'm all for going back and correcting everything even since 1865, which would include tossing the bankster Corporate Bylaws that most people think are our founding document, and go back to our actual lawful 13 Amendments that existed before the corporate facade of 1871 was put in place.

Roe v Wade was pure judicial activism and never had a footing in constitutional law.

26,000LYR out, paying taxes to pedophiles
    vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,822 Times in 3,934 Posts
    but also wrt thread title,