Thread: ‘Like Driving A Gas Guzzler’: PETA Is Mad At Elon Musk For Liking Chocolate Milk

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Stupid ‘Like Driving A Gas Guzzler’: PETA Is Mad At Elon Musk For Liking Chocolate Milk

By Virginia Kruta - The Daily Wire

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) lashed out at billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk for saying that he enjoyed chocolate milk, telling him that supporting the dairy industry was not good for the climate and was just as bad as driving a “gas-guzzler.”

The exchange began with a tweet from Musk simply stating that he had enjoyed drinking some chocolate milk. “Chocolate milk is insanely good. Just had some,” he tweeted.

“Drinking cow’s milk is like driving a gas guzzler. The dairy industry is one of the worst contributors to the climate catastrophe. What happened to caring about the environment? Now chocolate oat milk we can get behind,” the official PETA Twitter account responded.

PETA also made headlines for a protest involving Oscar-nominated actor James Cromwell — who has often spoken up on climate-related issues. The “L.A. Confidential” actor superglued himself to a New York City Starbucks counter on Tuesday morning, claiming that it was discriminatory and bad for the environment for the company to charge extra for plant-based milk options.

“Save the planet, save the cows. Stop the vegan upcharge now!” Cromwell and others chanted after the actor spoke about the fact that Starbucks was charging extra for plant-based milks.

Cromwell argued that the surcharge was discriminatory because lactose intolerance is more prevalent in minority communities than it is among white Americans. He also argued that for people who chose vegan options because they believed the dairy industry was cruel to animals, Starbucks was effectively charging people more for making moral choices.

“This is how you get an animal rights message to STICK!” PETA tweeted. “James Cromwell joined PETA’s campaign and glued himself to a @Starbucks counter to call on the company to stop charging extra for animal and earth-friendly vegan milks!”

The organization later bragged in a follow-up tweet, “James Cromwell single-handedly SHUT DOWN a #NYC @Starbucks during rush hour. Watch him confront shoppers and face down the police.”

Cromwell remained glued to the counter for around 30 minutes.

“I keep coming back to actor James Cromwell, age 82 going on FOUR, gluing his hand to a counter at Starbucks over plant milk,” Newsbusters Executive Editor Tim Graham, commented. “My answer? Leave him there. For days. That punishment might work for a pre-schooler. It should work for this guy. And every other PETA brat.”

“All this super-gluing makes me want to organize a Big Mac Eating Sit-In at PETA headquarters,” he added.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    They are extremists, but they are speaking the truth. They are just capitalizing on Elons fame right now to get their message out there. No harm done.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    clowns

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkChopSandwiches For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-11-2022)

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts
    Makes me wanna stop and pick up some chocolate milk on the way home from work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (05-11-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh One Who Knocks View Post
    Makes me wanna stop and pick up some chocolate milk on the way home from work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Muddy For This Useful Post:

lost in melb. (05-11-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    #FuckPETA #DrinkChocolateMilkLikeElon

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-11-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Yes it's true, but dammit I love my milk. I boiled up so much for afternoon tea that it filled two cups. With Mondkuchen (poppyseed cake)