Thread: Dem witness tells House committee men can get pregnant, have abortions

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Stupid Dem witness tells House committee men can get pregnant, have abortions

By Jessica Chasmar | Fox News

A Democrat witness testifying before the House Judiciary Committee on abortion rights Thursday declared that men can get pregnant and have abortions.

Aimee Arrambide, the executive director of the abortion rights nonprofit Avow Texas, was asked by Rep. Dan Bishop, R-N.C., to define what "a woman is," to which she responded, "I believe that everyone can identify for themselves."

"Do you believe that men can become pregnant and have abortions?" Bishop asked.

"Yes," Arrambide replied.

The remarks from Arrambide followed a tense exchange between Bishop and Dr. Yashica Robinson, another Democrat witness, after he similarly asked her to define "woman."

"Dr. Robinson, I noticed in your written testimony you said that you use she/her pronouns. You’re a medical doctor – what is a woman?" Bishop asked Robinson, an OBGYN and board member with Physicians for Reproductive Health.

"I think it's important that we educate people like you about why we're doing the things that we do," Robinson responded. "And so the reason that I use she and her pronouns is because I understand that there are people who become pregnant that may not identify that way. And I think it is discriminatory to speak to people or to call them in such a way as they desire not to be called."

"Are you going to answer my question? Can you answer the question, what’s a woman?" Bishop asked.

"I'm a woman, and I will ask you which pronouns do you use?" Robinson replied. "If you tell me that you use she and her pronouns … I'm going to respect you for how you want me to address you."

"So you gave me an example of a woman, you say that you are a woman, can you tell me otherwise what a woman is?" Bishop asked.

"Yes, I'm telling you, I'm a woman," Robinson responded.

"Is that as comprehensive a definition as you can give me?" Bishop asked.

"That’s as comprehensive a definition as I will give you today," Robinson said. "Because I think that it's important that we focus on what we're here for, and it's to talk about access to abortion."

"So you’re not interested in answering the question that I asked unless it's part of a message you want to deliver…" Bishop fired back.

Wednesday’s hearing, titled, "Revoking your Rights," addressed the threat to abortion rights after the leaked Supreme Court draft opinion signaled the high court is poised to soon strike down Roe v. Wade.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-19-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    We have given the microphone to too many idiots.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Teh One Who Knocks (05-19-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    Men can get pregnant, but males can't

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lost in melb. For This Useful Post:

Muddy (05-19-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 8,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    Men can get pregnant, but males can't

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    A man is a male human being. A man has the primary and secondary sex characteristics of the male human being. They are synonymous. Men are males, males are men.

Men cannot get pregnant, because the male cannot get pregnant. He lacks the necessary female sex characteristics needed to become pregnant, the sex characteristics that women have.

Gender is NOT fluid. It never was. Gender is determined by what's in between your legs. A man/male has a penis and testicles. You cannot be a man because of feels. It doesn't matter what you identify as. Fantasy does not make you what you are, reality does. A man is a male, period. It has been that way since the dawn of homo sapiens recorded history. A few nutjobs with a microphone can't change that.

Really peeps, this shouldn't even be open for discussion. We weren't arguing about this 10 years ago, so why the hell are we arguing about it now? Because some gender dysphoric idiot that was coddled by idiot parents that told him or her that he or she could be whatever he or she wanted to be when he or she was a little kid and he or she grew up and took it too far? There's a whole lot of evidential fail in this society because of this ridiculous argument. And it is absolutely ridiculous. Fuck these idiots.

If you believe otherwise, then you need mental help.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 05-20-2022 at 04:05 AM.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-19-2022), Pony (05-20-2022), Teh One Who Knocks (05-20-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Then I need mental help. Fuck you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    A man is a male human being. A man has the primary and secondary sex characteristics of the male human being. They are synonymous. Men are males, males are men.

Men cannot get pregnant, because the male cannot get pregnant. He lacks the necessary female sex characteristics needed to become pregnant, the sex characteristics that women have.

Gender is NOT fluid. It never was. Gender is determined by what's in between your legs. A man/male has a penis and testicles. You cannot be a man because of feels. It doesn't matter what you identify as. Fantasy does not make you what you are, reality does. A man is a male, period. It has been that way since the dawn of homo sapiens recorded history. A few nutjobs with a microphone can't change that.

Really peeps, this shouldn't even be open for discussion. We weren't arguing about this 10 years ago, so why the hell are we arguing about it now? Because some gender dysphoric idiot that was coddled by idiot parents that told him or her that he or she could be whatever he or she wanted to be when he or she was a little kid and he or she grew up and took it too far? There's a whole lot of evidential fail in this society because of this ridiculous argument. And it is absolutely ridiculous. Fuck these idiots.

If you believe otherwise, then you need mental help.
    I suggest you step outside your box, ignore the politics and read some case studies on gender dysphoria. In those situations it's the feeling and recognition of being a man or woman (and as much that comes with it as possible) that is most important.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Here's a tidbit. I don't care if someone "feels" like they are the opposite sex. Facts are, you're born male or female. Period.
    Men can't get pregnant.
    Women can't produce sperm.

Now if you want to talk about how someone feels, that's a different conversation.

These wackos in the OP are out of their minds.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I suggest you step outside your box, ignore the politics and read some case studies on gender dysphoria. In those situations it's the feeling and recognition of being a man or woman (and as much that comes with it as possible) that is most important.
    These are the people that need help. You help them, but you don't turn society upside down just to appease them. We're talking about less than .05% of the population that actually suffers from this mental condition. What rational sense does that make to redefine centuries of acceptable gender identity and roles for all of society just for a few people that need to be in therapy?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-20-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    "I think it's important that we educate people like you about why we're doing the things that we do," Robinson responded. "And so the reason that I use she and her pronouns is because I understand that there are people who become pregnant that may not identify that way. And I think it is discriminatory to speak to people or to call them in such a way as they desire not to be called."
    Dudes faking it to get into female prison aside, I can't fault her arguement.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    These are the people that need help. You help them, but you don't turn society upside down just to appease them. We're talking about less than .05% of the population that actually suffers from this mental condition. What rational sense does that make to redefine centuries of acceptable gender identity and roles for all of society just for a few people that need to be in therapy?
    It's not for me to answer that as it's a complex and evolving science, that, like everything under the sun is consumed and churned into the political divide within your country. That's the real problem here. The rest of the (civilised) world seems to cope. I'm sure you will to.

I don't agree with bold. When was the last time you were put out personally by this, aside from what you read online?

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    It's not for me to answer that as it's a complex and evolving science, that, like everything under the sun is consumed and churned into the political divide within your country. That's the real problem here. The rest of the (civilised) world seems to cope. I'm sure you will to.

I don't agree with bold. When was the last time you were put out personally by this, aside from what you read online?
    What an offensively shitty argument. "Hey! This doesn't effect you so you don't have a say in the matter". Thank you. You opened this door, now I get to step through it. Every time you enter a thread and give your opinion on a matter going on in our nation or in any nation not named Australia, I'm gonna hound you and say, "Excuse me, Aussie-boy. Does this put you out personally? Does this effect or affect you in any way shape or form? If it doesn't, then shut up, you're not allowed to have an opinion on it." [/sarcasm]

Jerk.

Whenever somebody says, "You have to think this way, or you have to agree with this, or you're not allowed to speak these things", then that's taking away a person's right to choose for themselves, their individual freedoms, and I have a problem with that. I fight for my individual freedoms constantly. I'll fight for other people's individual freedoms, because if it can be taken away from them, then it can be taken away from me. All I ask is that people see things for what they really are, and not what they imagine them or pretend them to be, because life is just easier when you accept what is and then find a way to live with it. It's not such a terrible thing, people do it every day. People have been doing it for as long as humans' recorded history. I do it every day. I bet you do too.

Nobody knows what the rest of the "civilized world" does with respect to this, because it's not in their freakin' headlines like it is in ours. I can tell you that countries like Russia and China probably aren't putting up with it. You can be damn sure that the Muslim countries aren't putting up with it. Probably some African countries that don't fall under the header "Muslim country" too. I imagine most countries not already mentioned puts up with it kinda like we did 10-15 years ago and before, when we were still allowed to make fun of it all, but mostly ignored it because it wasn't being rammed down our goddamned throats every day, 24 hours a day. Like it is today.

Again, if there are people that legitimately need help, then my heart goes out to them, help them. But do it in a way that doesn't put out the rest of the 330 million people in this country that doesn't have this problem. If I met a legitimate gender dysphoric transgender person (and not some idiot on youtube pretending to be trans-whatever because they think it makes them special), then I'd probably treat them like I treat everybody else, because for better or worse, as a disabled person, that's all I ever ask of people to do with me. I would bet that a real transgender person just wants to feel normal in spite of the way they feel about themselves. So what to do? Treat them like you treat everybody else. That works for me.

But I'm not going out on a date with one of them.
    Last edited by DemonGeminiX; 05-20-2022 at 05:57 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

KevinD (05-20-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Fine.

I still maintain the 'put out'(away from the news and computer) is not as bad or frequent as you suggest. I don't agree with the sports thing.

I'm happy to disagree if you think otherwise.

Shelter Dweller PorkChopSandwiches's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,255 Times in 16,489 Posts
    idiotic

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks
    What an offensively shitty argument. "Hey! This doesn't effect you so you don't have a say in the matter". Thank you. You opened this door, now I get to step through it. Every time you enter a thread and give your opinion on a matter going on in our nation or in any nation not named Australia, I'm gonna hound you and say, "Excuse me, Aussie-boy. Does this put you out personally? Does this effect or affect you in any way shape or form? If it doesn't, then shut up, you're not allowed to have an opinion on it." [/sarcasm]

Jerk.

Whenever somebody says, "You have to think this way, or you have to agree with this, or you're not allowed to speak these things", then that's taking away a person's right to choose for themselves, their individual freedoms, and I have a problem with that. I fight for my individual freedoms constantly. I'll fight for other people's individual freedoms, because if it can be taken away from them, then it can be taken away from me. All I ask is that people see things for what they really are, and not what they imagine them or pretend them to be, because life is just easier when you accept what is and then find a way to live with it. It's not such a terrible thing, people do it every day. People have been doing it for as long as humans' recorded history. I do it every day. I bet you do too.

Nobody knows what the rest of the "civilized world" does with respect to this, because it's not in their freakin' headlines like it is in ours. I can tell you that countries like Russia and China probably aren't putting up with it. You can be damn sure that the Muslim countries aren't putting up with it. Probably some African countries that don't fall under the header "Muslim country" too. I imagine most countries not already mentioned puts up with it kinda like we did 10-15 years ago and before, when we were still allowed to make fun of it all, but mostly ignored it because it wasn't being rammed down our goddamned throats every day, 24 hours a day. Like it is today.

Again, if there are people that legitimately need help, then my heart goes out to them, help them. But do it in a way that doesn't put out the rest of the 330 million people in this country that doesn't have this problem. If I met a legitimate gender dysphoric transgender person (and not some idiot on youtube pretending to be trans-whatever because they think it makes them special), then I'd probably treat them like I treat everybody else, because for better or worse, as a disabled person, that's all I ever ask of people to do with me. I would bet that a real transgender person just wants to feel normal in spite of the way they feel about themselves. So what to do? Treat them like you treat everybody else. That works for me.

But I'm not going out on a date with one of them.
    You're insufferably ignorant, dude. You have 0% compassion for others that are different from yourself. I bet you talk a different game when confronted with handicap accessibility and things that don't affect the rest of the general population that isn't like you.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ender-identity