Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Uvalde, Texas school shooting: 14 students, one teacher killed, suspected shooter dead, Gov. Abbott says

#DeSantis2024 Teh One Who Knocks's Avatar
    vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 113,101 Times in 59,908 Posts

Fail Uvalde shooting report finds student safety took backseat to teachers' 'convenience'

By Lawrence Richard | Fox News

School administrators "did not adequately prepare" for a potential shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, according to a report released by the Texas House of Representatives Investigative Committee on the Robb Elementary School shooting.

In the 77-page report released on Sunday, investigators said school administrators adopted a "regrettable culture of noncompliance" with safety and security measures leading up to the shooting on May 24 at Robb Elementary School which left 19 children and two adults dead. This noncompliance "turned out to be fatal," the report said.

They also "tacitly condoned" unsafe practices by knowingly violating or allowing others to violate rules that required doors to be closed and locked.

The report stated: "The west door to the west building was supposed to be continuously locked. When the attacker approached on May 24, 2022, it was unlocked, and he was able to enter the building there."

"While the school had adopted security policies to lock exterior doors and internal classroom doors, there was a regrettable culture of noncompliance by school personnel who frequently propped doors open and deliberately circumvented locks," the report stated. "At a minimum, school administrators and school district police tacitly condoned this behavior as they were aware of these unsafe practices and did not treat them as serious infractions requiring immediate correction."

The school encouraged teachers and staff to leave doors unlocked or propped open to better assist teachers who forgot their keys, the report found.

"In fact, the school actually suggested circumventing the locks as a solution for the convenience of substitute teachers and others who lacked their own keys," it said.

The report also revealed "multiple systemic failures," including not adequately preparing for the risk of a potential shooter.

"With hindsight, we can say that Robb Elementary did not adequately prepare for the risk of an armed intruder on campus. The school’s five-foot tall exterior fence was inadequate to meaningfully impede an intruder," the report stated.

In addition to scrutinizing the school, the report was critical of the 376 law enforcement officers who were amassed at the school at the time of the shooting. The law enforcement officers, including nearly 150 U.S. Border Patrol agents and 91 state police officials, waited outside the school for over an hour as the gunman continued to shoot and kill students and teachers inside.

The scathing report comes as a devastated Uvalde community continues to search for answers on how the shooting took place.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    oh ffs

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,562 Times in 5,212 Posts
    What's the bet most schools are similar.

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,893 Times in 11,968 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in melb. View Post
    What's the bet most schools are similar.
    If they are, then the people responsible for this behavior at each school should be arrested on reckless endangerment charges.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DemonGeminiX For This Useful Post:

Pony (07-19-2022), Teh One Who Knocks (07-19-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    If they are, then the people responsible for this behavior at each school should be arrested on reckless endangerment charges.
    100%

The school encouraged teachers and staff to leave doors unlocked or propped open to better assist teachers who forgot their keys, the report found.

"In fact, the school actually suggested circumventing the locks as a solution for the convenience of substitute teachers and others who lacked their own keys," it said.
    People need to name names of ANYONE that suggested any of this bullshit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Teh One Who Knocks For This Useful Post:

DemonGeminiX (07-19-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I used to have a problem with locking my keys in my car or leaving them somewhere back when I was a 20 year old dumbass. I solved that problem with the cunning use of a lanyard, but of course, not being a mindless dumbass anymore helps too.

Warning: The posts of this forum member may contain trigger language which may be considered offensive to some.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,022 Times in 11,474 Posts
    i think it's the lanyard

10. The Following User Says Thank You to deebakes For This Useful Post:

PorkChopSandwiches (07-20-2022)

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deebakes View Post
    i think it's the lanyard

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonGeminiX View Post
    I used to have a problem with locking my keys in my car or leaving them somewhere back when I was a 20 year old dumbass. I solved that problem with the cunning use of a lanyard, but of course, not being a mindless dumbass anymore helps too.
    Pretty sure most, if not all schools use the lanyard method. At my kid's school she had a lanyard with her ID in it and that's how she got in and out through locked doors.